Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

1. Yes, you may choose ILL$ return time.
2. This shows how fast ILL$ are currently selling out for Guardians.
3. No, you don't really need 2 devices to get both Remy and ILL$ for Guardians
4. Yes, you may go directly to Remy at rope drop
5. I would arrive at IG an hour before ETPE begins to be towards the front of the Remy group.

Hope you don't mind another Epcot 40 question. I will be going to Epcot on the 1st but via the D23 event - which is separately ticketed and I don't believe I can link to MDE. I'm trying to determine if that means I cannot do virtual que or Genie+. Any experience with this?

Is there any way to look back at the the lightning lanes booked in a past trip? I'm trying to remember when we went on certain rides...

Flying out next week at 7am Planning on going to Magic Kingdom around 5pm. Genie+ is new to me. Will I be able to get a ride at 7am with a late enough time? Should I wait until we land around 930?

Flying out next week at 7am Planning on going to Magic Kingdom around 5pm. Genie+ is new to me. Will I be able to get a ride at 7am with a late enough time? Should I wait until we land around 930?
Nothing will be out as late as 5pm at 7am. Even by 9:30, only the Mickey & MInnie Greet is likely to be as late as 5pm. Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan could possibly be that late.

This guy is stressing bringing 10 of us to parks in December with a bunch of first timers. Trying to figure out the best way to do Genie+ with 2 toddlers and a bunch of newbies is not easy. Planning on doing AK to MK on a non party day and then MK to Epcot and possibly HS (Just to do Frozen sing a long, Toy Story Mania, meet Olaf, & Micky/Minnie ride) on a party day at MK

I am at the park now. I have LL booked for 1pm I made at 7am
I can make another one at 10am
What if I need to cancel the first one and rebook.
How does this effect the 120 minute rule at 10am?

Did you book your 10am ride yet? Let's assume that you did. If you cancel your 1pm ride, it has no impact on the 120 minute rule. The 120 minute rule pertains to the most recently booked ride. Have fun!

Hey all I hope this is an ok place to post this question. I have a somewhat complicated trip coming up during Christmas where I'm paying the way for 15 people (parents, sisters, and their kiddos). I know it is going to be crazy busy, so we'll be rope dropping as resort guests for sure. Any tips on how I should setup My Disney Experience for everyone? Also, I believe I've heard that only 12 people can get associated when pulling a ride. My guess is if we're pulling rides for two groups it is going to be difficult to pull similar times. Any hints or tips would really be appreciated!

Did you book your 10am ride yet? Let's assume that you did. If you cancel your 1pm ride, it has no impact on the 120 minute rule. The 120 minute rule pertains to the most recently booked ride. Have fun!
Jumping in here for some clarification of my own, thanks!

If @CJK had booked the 10AM LL, and cancelled the initial LL they made at 7AM, then they would automatically be able to rebook, right? And if they hadn't yet booked the 10AM LL, but cancelled the initial LL anyway, then they would have to wait 120 minutes from cancelling to book a new one?

I've been to WDW/ DL many times since Genie+ was introduced. I made a mistake trying to cancel/rebook one time last year, and have avoided cancelling any LL since because I can't wrap my head around it lol

Jumping in here for some clarification of my own, thanks!

If @CJK had booked the 10AM LL, and cancelled the initial LL they made at 7AM, then they would automatically be able to rebook, right? And if they hadn't yet booked the 10AM LL, but cancelled the initial LL anyway, then they would have to wait 120 minutes from cancelling to book a new one?

I've been to WDW/ DL many times since Genie+ was introduced. I made a mistake trying to cancel/rebook one time last year, and have avoided cancelling any LL since because I can't wrap my head around it lol
I realize this answer is no longer timely for hayesdvc, but I'm going to answer it for future reference to those reading the thread. Cancelling your most-recently-booked G+ LL allows you to immediately book another, either the same attraction at a different time or a different attraction. Booking the replacement attraction starts the 120-minute clock again. Cancelling a G+ LL that is not your most-recently-booked one will allow you to book the same attraction later, but does not allow you to immediately book one.

Example 1. At 7:00, you book Navi River for a 1:00 return time. The park (AK) opens at 8:00. The 120-minute rule would let you book another G+ LL at 10:00. If at 9:55, you cancel your 1:00 G+ LL, you can immediately book another, whether Navi again or another attraction, such as Kilimanjaro Safaris. Let's assume it took you one minute to book the new ride, so at 9:56, you book Safaris for a 1:30 return time. You can book your next G+ LL at 11:56, 120 minutes later.

Example 2. At 7:00, you book Navi River for a 1:00 return time. The park (AK) opens at 8:00. The 120-minute rule lets you book another G+ LL at 10:00. You wait until 10:00, book Safaris for a 1:35 return time, and then cancel your Navi River G+ LL that you booked at 7:00. Cancelling your Navi G+ LL lets you book Navi again, but does not give you the right to book it, or anything else, until the 120 minutes has passed since you booked your Safaris reservation at 10:00. You have to wait until 12:00 before you can book again. This result is the same whether the Navi cancellation occurs immediately after the Safaris reservation is made at 10:00, or anytime later. The time of cancellation does not restart the 120-minute clock. The 120-minute clock is based on when the most-recent G+ LL booking was made, regardless of whether or not it replaces a cancelled reservation.

Hi everyone. Working on a preliminary plan for a January trip and I wanted to confirm if the following scenario is possible:

On our arrival day, we have 3 groups traveling from 3 different cities so it's unlikely that we will all arrive at the same time. We have Epcot planned for that night when we know everyone will be there and I'd like to book an ILL for Guardians from the airport and then also book a LL with Genie+ for Remy since I know that clock will advance to the evening very rapidly. If all of that gets handled at 7 or shortly thereafter, will I be able to go ahead and book LL with Genie+ for MK as the "arrival" park for those coming in early that day? If MK opens at 9, I would be booking these starting at 11. I'd like to focus on close to immediate return times while there but still have my Remy genie+ selection and my ILL at Guardians for Epcot in the evening. Any issue with holding genie+ reservations at two parks at one time, as long as your second park times are all after 2:00? In theory can I go back and forth between stacking at my evening park and booking for my current park as long as I stay within the confines of the booking rules(120 minute or tap-in)?

And one other thing.. I heard second hand that if I build my group on the plan my day functionality that I will have issues booking genie's for just the members of the party that arrive at MK before the others. is this true? I feel like the group is editable when booking... but this friend was adamant that she had trouble with this.

Appreciate any help you can give!

Hi everyone. Working on a preliminary plan for a January trip and I wanted to confirm if the following scenario is possible:

On our arrival day, we have 3 groups traveling from 3 different cities so it's unlikely that we will all arrive at the same time. We have Epcot planned for that night when we know everyone will be there and I'd like to book an ILL for Guardians from the airport and then also book a LL with Genie+ for Remy since I know that clock will advance to the evening very rapidly. If all of that gets handled at 7 or shortly thereafter, will I be able to go ahead and book LL with Genie+ for MK as the "arrival" park for those coming in early that day? If MK opens at 9, I would be booking these starting at 11. I'd like to focus on close to immediate return times while there but still have my Remy genie+ selection and my ILL at Guardians for Epcot in the evening. Any issue with holding genie+ reservations at two parks at one time, as long as your second park times are all after 2:00? In theory can I go back and forth between stacking at my evening park and booking for my current park as long as I stay within the confines of the booking rules(120 minute or tap-in)?

And one other thing.. I heard second hand that if I build my group on the plan my day functionality that I will have issues booking genie's for just the members of the party that arrive at MK before the others. is this true? I feel like the group is editable when booking... but this friend was adamant that she had trouble with this.

Appreciate any help you can give!

This is a good post to create a thread for on the Theme Parks Plan sub-forum as people will be able to respond to your personal trip.

This is a good post to create a thread for on the Theme Parks Plan sub-forum as people will be able to respond to your personal trip.
Thank you! I guess I could have included less detail but my main question is on genie+ functionality not so much about my plans.

This part was meant to be the meat of it :) "Any issue with holding genie+ reservations at two parks at one time, as long as your second park times are all after 2:00? In theory can I go back and forth between stacking at my evening park and booking for my current park as long as I stay within the confines of the booking rules(120 minute or tap-in)?" I just included the other details to make sure I was clear about what it would look like in practice.

Thank you! I guess I could have included less detail but my main question is on genie+ functionality not so much about my plans.

This part was meant to be the meat of it :) "Any issue with holding genie+ reservations at two parks at one time, as long as your second park times are all after 2:00? In theory can I go back and forth between stacking at my evening park and booking for my current park as long as I stay within the confines of the booking rules(120 minute or tap-in)?" I just included the other details to make sure I was clear about what it would look like in practice.
Yes, you are able to do that. :)

If I have a LL return time secured and the ride is closed due to weather/lightning, would I receive an "anytime" LL to use, or do I just lose out on that LL reservation? I believe if a ride is down for maintenance that is the case, but wasn't sure if it also applies for weather shut-downs.

Also, if you do receive an "anytime" LL, can you book another LL right, or do you have to use that new "anytime" LL first? Thanks!

If I have a LL return time secured and the ride is closed due to weather/lightning, would I receive an "anytime" LL to use, or do I just lose out on that LL reservation? I believe if a ride is down for maintenance that is the case, but wasn't sure if it also applies for weather shut-downs.

Also, if you do receive an "anytime" LL, can you book another LL right, or do you have to use that new "anytime" LL first? Thanks!
Yes, you do get an anytime LL if a ride closes due to weather.

Yes, you can book another ride right away.

No, you don’t have to use the anytime LL first.

I know there a numerous threads on Genie+ but I have a few specific questions:

When am I able to purchase Genie+ for the day of the park I want to visit?
Can I automatically choose a lightning lane return window then?
Are they still using the 120 minute rule? Is it still flexible? Say I book a 12 pm return, and there's another ride for 9:30 am, can I book that as well?

TIA!

Are they still using the 120 minute rule? Is it still flexible? Say I book a 12 pm return, and there's another ride for 9:30 am, can I book that as well?

TIA!
Post #3 here should answer your questions: Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

1. you can buy only on the day of the park reservation (after midnight)
2. they will give you options of return time, however a lot of times the time you choose might not be available when you complete check out (example, you pick a 2pm return window, but once the checkout is done, it went to 5pm because someone was faster than you)
3. 120 min rule apply. you can only buy before that if you have used your LL or it expired, whatever came first

TIA!
The posts on page 1 of this thread will assist you with these questions and provide a lot of other information too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter