Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

We are traveling down today and stop in Gainesville for the night, we drive the rest of the way in the morning. We have Epcot reservations tomorrow but we won’t be on property until 9am or so, will the system still let us try for a BG at 7am, or will be shut out until we tap in and try at 1pm since we aren’t on WDW property?

We are traveling down today and stop in Gainesville for the night, we drive the rest of the way in the morning. We have Epcot reservations tomorrow but we won’t be on property until 9am or so, will the system still let us try for a BG at 7am, or will be shut out until we tap in and try at 1pm since we aren’t on WDW property?

As long as you have an Epcot reservation you can try at 7:00 from anywhere.

Okay, but is 45-60 min. a typical or average wait time for the BGs?
If you get an earlier VQ your wait time isn't typically this long. We were there in August and got a virtual queue with an estimated return time of 11:20 but our BG was called around 10AM. We walked through the queue and from where the line stopped until we got onto the ride was roughly 10 minues. So Id say try and have fast fingers at 7 am!

Yes, 45-60 mins seems to be a very common wait time for VQ wait times once they are called.

Guests who pay for ILL$ ride with a shorter wait time.
Has it gotten that long recently?
We rode with VQ 6 times or so the week it opened and never waited over 30 min. ILL was less yes, but VQ was not long.
But maybe I count wait time different than others.
I count it till you enter the first pre-show, since they are kinda part of the "ride" seeing how they set up the experience. Especially the 2nd pre-show.
If you are counting till you get in a ride vehicle then yeah, I guess it would be closer to 45 min with the length of the 2 pre-shows and the additional queue time after the 2nd preshow.

So, Park Hopper activates at 2 pm everyday but for Virtual Queue you need to be at 1 pm at the parks. Now, what?
Are Park Hoppers allowed to join the virtual queue?

So, Park Hopper activates at 2 pm everyday but for Virtual Queue you need to be at 1 pm at the parks. Now, what?
Are Park Hoppers allowed to join the virtual queue?
Hoppers can join once they have tapped in. Currently, this is possible because crowds are low and the 1pm VQ is staying open a while. I got one at 6:30pm the first week of September. As soon as you are all tapped in, you can pull over and join the queue.

Assuming BGs are still here through the fall, I'd expect that 1pm to get snapped up much faster Oct-Dec.

Hoppers can join once they have tapped in. Currently, this is possible because crowds are low and the 1pm VQ is staying open a while. I got one at 6:30pm the first week of September. As soon as you are all tapped in, you can pull over and join the queue.

Assuming BGs are still here through the fall, I'd expect that 1pm to get snapped up much faster Oct-Dec.

But I am allowed to join the VQ even if I am at that time at Magic Kingdom? Because as a Park Hopper I can't go into Epcot until 2 pm, so I was planning on leaving MK exactly at 1:30 pm.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. When I said you had to be "tapped in", I meant tapped into Epcot.
If you are at Magic Kingdom and had scanned in at Epcot earlier in the day, you could join the VQ from Magic Kingdom. Of course to scan in you would have needed Epcot to be your park reservation for the day. But you wouldn't have been able to enter MK until 2pm.

If you are at Magic Kingdom and had scanned in at Epcot earlier in the day, you could join the VQ from Magic Kingdom. Of course to scan in you would have needed Epcot to be your park reservation for the day. But you wouldn't have been able to enter MK until 2pm.
Ok, but in this example, why would you wait until you were in MK?

If EP is your park reservation for the day, you try at 7 and then again at 1 if you missed in the morning. You wouldn't have been eligible to tap into a second park by the 1pm drop so the system will still show you in EP.

Ok, but in this example, why would you wait until you were in MK?

If EP is your park reservation for the day, you try at 7 and then again at 1 if you missed in the morning. You wouldn't have been eligible to tap into a second park by the 1pm drop so the system will still show you in EP.
There’s no reason to but it’s possible. You could miss the 7am one, go to Epcot in the morning, then go back to your resort and book at 1pm from there, then go back to Epcot to ride.

But I am allowed to join the VQ even if I am at that time at Magic Kingdom? Because as a Park Hopper I can't go into Epcot until 2 pm, so I was planning on leaving MK exactly at 1:30 pm.
If you were at MK before 1:30pm, that would mean your park reservation was for MK. You cannot get a VQ until you tap into Epcot AFTER 2pm. Then you can try for a VQ.

Any thoughts on whether GotG will still be VQ only in early Jan? Trying to remember how long Remy was VQ for and I think it was roughly 6 months or so also?

Wow, didn't realize it was that short-lived for Remy. I guess GotG must still be popular enough to justify keeping it for the time being.
Given the recent reports of guests waiting 30+ minutes in the VQ return line before boarding, it does sound like GotG is still popular enough - imagine how long the standby lines would be if they were entirely physical rather than virtual!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter