Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Has the 1pm Guardians que been filling up quickly lately? We have a short trip planned mid December and would rather start the day in Hollywood Studios. We wouldnt be able to hop to Epcot until 2 to try for Guardians. My kids really want to ride Guardians, so Im trying to weigh options. It will be a Monday if that matters any. Thanks for any and all advice!
Have merged you with the Everything VQ thread. Today GotG was gone in seconds at both 7AM and 1PM.

If it is a 'must' for you I would recommend purchasing an ILL$ if you are staying onsite. If you are offsite that may not be an option as often it sells out before it's available to offsite guests.

I would also recommend following the link to Thrill-Data in the post below.

According to ThrillData.com, it's been changing daily if it is available after 2pm. As it inches closer to the busiest time of the year - ie when you'll be there - it is a lower chance of being open after 2pm.

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/epcot/guardiansofthegalaxycosmicrewind/#dailywait

If you really want to do it, I would recommend looking at buying an ILL, especially since there is no guarantee a later in the day boarding group will be called.

When we were there in Aug we booked Guardians almost every day (the benefits of being there at a slower time) so I got to the point where I swapped all my park reservations to Epcot, booked a VQ at 7AM and then changed park reservation to the actual park we were going to.
Would this work for us? If I book our park reservations for Epcot and get GoG at 7am could I then change our park reservation to HS without losing our GoG time if we are successful? And be able to enter HS prior to 2 pm and then hop back to Epcot in the evening for GoG? We will not be staying onsite and are just visiting for the day.

Would this work for us? If I book our park reservations for Epcot and get GoG at 7am could I then change our park reservation to HS without losing our GoG time if we are successful? And be able to enter HS prior to 2 pm and then hop back to Epcot in the evening for GoG? We will not be staying onsite and are just visiting for the day.
Yes it should work.

Yes, that would work as long as there are park reservations available to swap to HS. As long as you’re not traveling at a very busy Holliday you should be just fine. That’s what we did many days in August!

Well that was nuts. Tried for the VQ for Guardians at 1pm and failed, it was gone in literal seconds. Have never experienced this before! Usually we hop over at 2pm and get into the VQ with no issues.

We tapped into Epcot at 11:30am - even then it was crazy busy at the main entrance and they weren’t even doing finger scans, just tapping tickets. Guess I should’ve known today is a tougher day.

No more VQ for Moana.

Tron is currently still open for 1pm. Guess I the wrong VQ to go for today.

Better luck today. Managed to get group 18 at the 7am drop for Guardians. Planning to go to MK for the 1pm Tron VQ and hopefully snag a ride when it’s dark and the canopy is lit up. The VQ was open til almost 2pm yesterday for Tron. If not, well, MK is open until midnight and I get to be there so life is good.

Is it common to get stuck in virtual cue waiting rooms for 2 + hours without any progression of the line? I got pretty claustrophobic today for guardians vc and felt the entire process was really messed up. We arrived about 1:30 and once we got inside the building the line failed to progress for over an hour. Then once it did start moving it was pretty slow going. It was especially claustrophobic when the line stopped progressing at the last part of the cue, after the 2nd video presentation. The doors opened and we smushed into the already smushed amount of people who were already there. It was a good 20 minutes of no progress from that point but then progress was made to boarding the ride. US immigration at SeaTac during a government shutdown was more humane than guardians line today. We had plans to enjoy our day in the parks but after that debacle we left and went back to hotel room. I asked my kids if they thought the ride was worth the wait. They said the wait pretty much ruined the ride. Wish they had announced a delay but perhaps that’s the norm? if it is they should forewarn people. I wonder how many other people like me leave the park after something like that vs spend the few hundred dollars extra had they not have been stuck all smushed up in line so long.

Is it common to get stuck in virtual cue waiting rooms for 2 + hours without any progression of the line? I got pretty claustrophobic today for guardians vc and felt the entire process was really messed up. We arrived about 1:30 and once we got inside the building the line failed to progress for over an hour. Then once it did start moving it was pretty slow going. It was especially claustrophobic when the line stopped progressing at the last part of the cue, after the 2nd video presentation. The doors opened and we smushed into the already smushed amount of people who were already there. It was a good 20 minutes of no progress from that point but then progress was made to boarding the ride. US immigration at SeaTac during a government shutdown was more humane than guardians line today. We had plans to enjoy our day in the parks but after that debacle we left and went back to hotel room. I asked my kids if they thought the ride was worth the wait. They said the wait pretty much ruined the ride. Wish they had announced a delay but perhaps that’s the norm? if it is they should forewarn people. I wonder how many other people like me leave the park after something like that vs spend the few hundred dollars extra had they not have been stuck all smushed up in line so long.
If the ride breaks down it can happen.

For Guardian's I don't believe it is 'Common' but rides can break down.

Sorry this happened to you.

Is Hilton Signia bonnet creek considered on site?
How I read post 1- we can try for 1 virtual Que at 7 am if we have a park reservation for there. To try for 1:00. one can we be at our hotel?

Last edited:
How I read post 1- we can try for 1 virtual Que at 7 am if we have a park reservation for there. To try for 1 one can we be at our hotel?
Anyone can try for a 7AM VQ regardless of where they are staying. And, can be located anywhere when they try.

7AM ILL$ purchases are restricted to guests staying at a Disney resort or affiliated resort.

How long are the wait times for the higher BGs obtained during the 1 PM VQ for Tron based on y’all’s experience?

Last edited:
How I read post 1- we can try for 1 virtual Que at 7 am if we have a park reservation for there. To try for 1:00. one can we be at our hotel?
To try for a VQ at 1:00, you have to have entered the park in question. For Guardians, there are reports from people who entered Epcot that morning and were able to get the VQ at 1:00 even though they had returned to their hotels by then. I'm not sure if it works the same for Tron. You cannot get the VQ at 1:00 if you haven't gone to the park yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter