Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Meal Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuddlemama said:
Is the DisAuctions site still available for posting extra vouchers for sale?

~L

Cuddlemama, I sent you a PM. I hope everyone is feeling better, bummer to get sick during your vacation.

Michelle

Madelyn: Thanks for the input. I think we will get the cash value from Disney and put that towards our Premium annual passes. Less of hassle then trying to sell them on my own. :earsboy:

Selling on eBay is pretty painless and these vouchers are definitely going for premium prices right now. Wish I had some left to sell.

I suggest you take the eBay plunge and help out some of the poor buyers who are desperately looking for these.

JMHO.

Sheila

aka-mad4themouse said:
You can set up a Fixed Price Auction. You set the price and people could just purchase the vouchers for that price. That way there's no bidding war and the price doesn't get inflated to an embarassingly high amount.

I tried this, just putting them up for a fixed price....$14 each mind you, for a lot of 10. $140 for all 10 SHIPPED!! NO one touched them all week. So, I relisted with a .99 start and they went for $172. People on eBay are crazy.

I have had to remove a number of Wanted to Buy and For Sale Posts on this thread recently. I think that you all know that these are against DIS Guidelines for Posting.

CheapMom has set up a site that you all might find helpful. It is a For Sale, For Trade, Wanted to Buy Board for DISsers . You all could give that a try. :)

Thanks for the link! I need some Q and C's for our trip and I appreciate the help! :cool1:

at the espn club can you order the espn superbowl sundae for dessert? it's like 14.99? using VKL vouchers :flower:

Are we absolutely 100% sure that they will not be selling the vouchers in the future? They still we be offering them to the large groups that attend different events at DW and isn't that what the ones that were being sold to individuals were for? I can really use some with expirations after June! Had it all figured out, Disney and its new MYW tickets/options/hours keeps messing me up!

ok...I've waded and waded back through some of these posts....so if this question is repetitive, I'm so sorry!

anyway, I was cleaning out my desk and ran across 2 Q & C vouchers :cool1: we are going to WDW for a week in April, so I've got a chance to use them...I know all about the savings at Beaches & Cream, but what about Mara at AKL? We are staying a night there and I thought I'd save one voucher if it's a good value. any suggestions?

thanks!

madge said:
ok...I've waded and waded back through some of these posts....so if this question is repetitive, I'm so sorry!

anyway, I was cleaning out my desk and ran across 2 Q & C vouchers :cool1: we are going to WDW for a week in April, so I've got a chance to use them...I know all about the savings at Beaches & Cream, but what about Mara at AKL? We are staying a night there and I thought I'd save one voucher if it's a good value. any suggestions?

thanks!

Lucky you! I've used them at Mara, and found it to be pretty good. We used three vouchers for 2 adults and two kids.

The kids shared a pizza/with breadsticks as the side, and they got a dessert sampler with about 6 pieces of desserts (zebra domes, truffle like things, etc. )

My DH and I both got the African stew in a bread bowl, and I think we got salad as a side dish. One of us got carrot cake, and another one got something else.

We all got some type of soda. They did have old Disney cartoons playing in the restaurant when we got there.

Cindy B said:
Lucky you! I've used them at Mara, and found it to be pretty good. We used three vouchers for 2 adults and two kids.

The kids shared a pizza/with breadsticks as the side, and they got a dessert sampler with about 6 pieces of desserts (zebra domes, truffle like things, etc. )

My DH and I both got the African stew in a bread bowl, and I think we got salad as a side dish. One of us got carrot cake, and another one got something else.

We all got some type of soda. They did have old Disney cartoons playing in the restaurant when we got there.

thanks so much!!

I was pretty jazzed to have run across them, I thought I used all we had in October :teeth:

I won a child Vacation kingdom dinner voucher on the now past Kellogg Kash auctions. Unfortunately i didn't win any adult dinner vouchers.
Any ideas where to use so i could split with DD?
It looks like it is good at the same restaurants as the vkl.
We already using VKL at RFC another day.

Well, we were able to use a child VKL at Rainforest cafe to choose off the adult menu.
There was DH, DD (6) and myself and we had one adult ticket and one childs.
Now, I was more than happy to use the child's voucher for the kids meal DD wanted and get 'nibbles' to bulk out the adult meal but our server insisted we use the kid's voucher to order off the adult menu which got us a whole load of food and saved us a packet :banana: We just paid for DD's meal and an extra drink :sunny:
Not sure whether thet'd be so accommodating if you didn't have a child with you though :goodvibes
Alison
:cheer2:

Well i just made Hoop de doo reservations and will use the child Dinner voucher for child.
We have used the lunch vouchers(vkl) at RFC AK before and while the food is mostly very good and the restaurant is unusual, it takes a long time.

Wouldn't even try to use a child voucher w/o a child. But she is 3 and doesn't eat much.

I know what you mean :rolleyes:
I almost cried when DD insisted on chicken strips and fries - the server saved the day tho :teeth:
Alison
:cloud9:

Has anybody used the VKL vouchers at Alfredo's in Epcot? I would like to know if, when using two adult vouchers, the appetizers can be combined to order the antipasto platter?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I love using the vouchers, but I think I have too many to use before May 31st. I just listed 1 VKL Adult and 1 VKL Child voucher at DisAuctions if anyone is interested.

Any word yet on if they are or aren't going to be offering meal vouchers for future visists after May?

I have not heard one way or the other if the vouchers are being offered (conferences can still get them)....The new dining plan seems to be the only option out there right now (which on the surface does not seem like a bad deal)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter