Excursions on your own

gulley5

Earning My Ears
We were thinking about doing Sting Ray City with Captain Marvins and Xcaret in Cozmel on our own. I worry about the transportation to each of these on our own with little children. Should I be? Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't worry about Captain Marvin's. It is an easy walk from the dock at Grand Cayman. Xcaret, on the other hand, is difficult to do on your own I think because of the half hour or so tender to the Mexican mainland and the need for transportation from the pier to Xcaret. Perhaps there are some excursion operators in Cozumel that will do all this for you, but I'm not sure I am aware of them. With Tulum and Xcaret, you are much better off going with the Disney organized excursions, in my opinion.

I agree with Doctor P. While we did the Disney excursion in Grand Cayman and liked it we went right past Captain Marvins and it would be easy to get to.

I would not risk going to the mainland in Cozumel without a Disney excursion. There are too many variables that could make you late gettng back to the ship. Someone asked this question about Tulum a couple of months ago and the vast majority said not to try it on your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter