Excuses to tell friend do not want to go Disney with them?

I wouldn’t talk about it at work or to anybody !
I wonder if the workplace requires to alert the entire office of every pending day off … otherwise when she discovers at last minute Sorry I booked the brand new Single occupancy Tower Studio room at the Riviera . Stressing “Single Occupancy” and hopefully last minute the price of airfare etc would be not in her budget .

I have had someone in my life such as you describe. They live in an alternate reality and agree with any conditions to join you but they simply can’t live up to what they say through no fault of their own. If you decide to say you aren’t taking anyone because you are meeting up with friends, the photos issue can be easily solved. Many times when I’m by myself at the parks and begin visiting with others I’ll ask if I can take their picture. They always say yes. Add a few of those pics in the assortment when showing your trip to your friend and when you come to one of those pics, they are some of the people you met up with….problem with pics solved and no feelings hurt.
Take pics of strangers? But then wouldn’t they just be on the strangers phones if offer to take pics for people in the parks?

Nope, this was in 1998-2004. I was literally planning a WDW Fairy Tale Wedding for a year at one of these jobs. No one really knew. I was only there working as a temp. They knew I was getting married. That was all. I am very private about my personal life in REAL life. Online no one knows me, so I will talk about everything.
Did anyone ask? What you describe is being a temp (not part of the group) and not telling anyone anything at all about it. You could have been going anywhere, Disney would never have come up at all, much less in the premise of wanting to go with you. I would think the word "honeymoon" answers that all by itself.

Take pics of strangers? But then wouldn’t they just be on the strangers phones if offer to take pics for people in the parks?
No. I take pics on my own camera phone of the strangers I meet and visit with as I enjoy my vacation….one great one is while waiting for fireworks and enjoying conversation with others….I ask if I can get a group shot of them to keep. I did that with a tour group from Brazil that I had a great visit with. I’ve never had anyone that didn’t enjoy having me take their pic to take home with me. If I see someone in a hat I like or a disney outfit I like, they all enjoy me taking their photos for me to keep when I ask. I have stories to tell about all of the encounters later when I share my photos with friends at home. You’ll be surprised at how many opportunities exist when you think about it.

No. I take pics on my own camera phone of the strangers I meet and visit with as I enjoy my vacation….one great one is while waiting for fireworks and enjoying conversation with others….I ask if I can get a group shot of them to keep. I did that with a tour group from Brazil that I had a great visit with. I’ve never had anyone that didn’t enjoy having me take their pic to take home with me. If I see someone in a hat I like or a disney outfit I like, they all enjoy me taking their photos for me to keep when I ask. I have stories to tell about all of the encounters later when I share my photos with friends at home. You’ll be surprised at how many opportunities exist when you think about it.
Oh I see what you mean now, yeah maybe that could work

"I think we have different travelling styles so I don't think it would work out. I like to get up early to beat the crowds and I notice that isn't your thing. Also 2 weeks is too much togetherness!"

I have learned over time who matches my travel style and who doesn't.

But it also depends how much she cares about what rides she is going on....If you did the work (which would be the same work as for you) and said "I am getting to the park at 8:00am everyday. If you want to come later I will meet you but this will only work if you do the rides I want to do and go to the restaurants I have picked out and just tag along, no problem." But if she wants to go on rides you already did or suddently want to go to another restaurant then no thanks.
And you are right, 2 weeks is too much. But what if she joined you for part?

My autistic aunt is quite similar to the OP's friend. Ironically she actually has another autistic friend that is even worse than her constantly inserting herself into planning although generally not vacation it's usually shopping or going on a walk or something. There isn't any bullying going on in the traditional sense. Their brains tend to work differently than that.
You know, I have a friend who is kind of constantly doing that...I posted on FB that I got a ticket for a Queen concert and she immediately commented "Did you get one for me".
One of her kids is definitely on the spectrum and I wonder if she is too... I always chalked up to being one of 5 kids and never getting enough.

"I think we have different travelling styles so I don't think it would work out. I like to get up early to beat the crowds and I notice that isn't your thing. Also 2 weeks is too much togetherness!"

I have learned over time who matches my travel style and who doesn't.

But it also depends how much she cares about what rides she is going on....If you did the work (which would be the same work as for you) and said "I am getting to the park at 8:00am everyday. If you want to come later I will meet you but this will only work if you do the rides I want to do and go to the restaurants I have picked out and just tag along, no problem." But if she wants to go on rides you already did or suddently want to go to another restaurant then no thanks.
And you are right, 2 weeks is too much. But what if she joined you for part?
She probs wouldn’t be able to join me for just part as she’s not very good at doing things on their own so if did come they’d be their for the whole time I was :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter