Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain vs Revenge of the Mummy

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Mouseketeer
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad vs Expedition Everest | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial  Walt Disney World discussion forums

n13_universal_orlando_revenge_of_the_mummy

Revenge is the Mummy is an amazingly themed ride whereas EE is just another Thunder Mountain with a bit of snow effect, so Mummy wins for me.

I might vote for EE if the Yeti worked... in the end its a basic Disney coaster IMO

I prefer Mummy but its pretty close.

I voted based on I only did EE once on my last trip even though I could have easily done it a few times with single rider.
I rode Mummy multiple times - with Single Rider.

Also I would not wait for EE, but I have for Mummy

Reactions: AJA

This shouldn't be this hard. Mummy has been one of my all time favorite rides at Universal, but I've never been a fan of those couple of very hard stops in it. But it's SUCH an incredibly themed and fun ride.
But we also all love EE. Good queue, has enough thrills, great views on the climb, and good re-ride-ability, and great for kids when they're first getting into coasters, and great option in AK,
but I"m going Mummy, but just by a smidge.

Last edited:
Mummy is my favourite ride at Universal ~ more experience than anything. Love Everest was lucky to see the real yeti 😂 before he broke but Mummy wins my vote!
Got stuck on EE at the top years ago ~ it’s a long walk down!

Interesting comparison. I see them as incredibly different rides. I am EE for life, but admittedly, am very excited to do Mummy this summer since it was closed last time I was at UO.

Since they both provide vastly different experiences it's hard for me to really pick. Both are great attractions that I really love. Everest gives an entire beautiful area that is very scenic for the park while Mummy is smaller and indoors. The queues for both are fun, but Everest is more detailed. Ride wise though, while EE is fun , I do feel Mummy is better. The dark ride portion at the start is great for setting up more of the story and getting some good set pieces, and then has the thrilling ride despite no big drops and the fake ending is fantastic. EE is fun but despite being taller is less thrilling to me. Not sure what exactly but it has always felt like it is lacking something to me, especially at the top of the mountain. You get up the lift, then immediately have the backward section, don't really get to enjoy exploring the top of the mountain, and the backwards part is just a helix. And despite its size it really only has one main drop on it, otherwise it is just curves (granted a steep curve going back out of the mountain on the backside).
So overall I feel Everest is more about the scenery and beauty of the ride, and Mummy is more about the ride experience and thrills. They are pretty even overall to me for quality just in different areas, but if i had to pick just one to ride it would probably be Mummy since it is a more thrilling experience.

I agree with a lot of the posters here. They are two different types of rides. However if I had a choice to go on one it would be Mummy as it is a true coaster with airtime and thrills. Like someone else has said before EE is a Disney coaster-type and as fun as it is and I love it, for the thrills and theming Mummy is the better one. It also has a nice fake-out as well and I love catching people who were not aware of that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter