Expedition everest status

At least one site is reporting that the EE refurb is going through April 30, per the Disney calendar
I'm SO disappointed with the shutdown of Expedition Everest! We made our plans months prior to the EE shutdown. I honestly feel that theme parks should refund some monies when attractions are closed. People purchase tickets specifically to ride certain rides. It feels like Disney is reneging on a business deal when they close a ride AFTER you;ve already paid to ride it. I have the same opinion about cruises that cancel performances AFTER you pay your cruise fare. Or hotels that close the lazy river AFTER you've already booked them. If the business can't deliver ALL of the attractions they advertise, then customers should receive partial refunds.

Yes, they have "fine-print" that says they can reneg on anything... but it's immoral, it's cheating the purchaser. An accidental break-down is one thing, but not disclosing a scheduled ride-closure (lasting 3 to 6 months) in advance is complete FRAUD.

I just read on another blog where they say “late April and probably longer”…we are going mid -May so fingers crossed the original timeline still stands!!!

I just read on another blog where they say “late April and probably longer”…we are going mid -May so fingers crossed the original timeline still stands!!!
Our AK day is April 30 so I'm still holding out hope for late April bc that's as late as it gets! 😭

Everything that I have read and seen, including from travel agents, say it's not what it should have been or what was expected.
I say bull. I don’t care what the claim they are wrong. The crowds really could be higher. Maybe those claiming it’s a bust should actually go?

I say bull. I don’t care what the claim they are wrong. The crowds really could be higher. Maybe those claiming it’s a bust should actually go?
We went at Thanksgiving. It was more crowded than Thanksgiving 2020 but a little less than Thanksgiving 2018. I figured it would be slammed, like an xmas to NYE week, but it wasn't. I think they are actually having lower attendance overall, not a specific day, than pre-covid. However, I think the lack of some attractions, entertainment, and fewer ADRs is making the parks seem more crowded. I do think they are busy, but not as much as pre-covid on average.

We went at Thanksgiving. It was more crowded than Thanksgiving 2020 but a little less than Thanksgiving 2018. I figured it would be slammed, like an xmas to NYE week, but it wasn't. I think they are actually having lower attendance overall, not a specific day, than pre-covid. However, I think the lack of some attractions, entertainment, and fewer ADRs is making the parks seem more crowded. I do think they are busy, but not as much as pre-covid on average.
Yes it is more crowded than precovid. Extremely. I’m here right now. I was here in October and in December for Christmas and New Years. It’s more crowded now than either of those.

point is the parks really can’t be more crowded than they are now without closing due to capacity.

I think you're making a really good point. It can be more crowded than T2020 but fewer people. They're not mutually exclusive terms.

I think you're making a really good point. It can be more crowded than T2020 but fewer people. They're not mutually exclusive terms.
How about this, it’s more crowded now than I’ve seen in 10 years. Including many major holidays like precovid NYE and July 4.

How about this, it’s more crowded now than I’ve seen in 10 years. Including many major holidays like precovid NYE and July 4.
I disagree. I was there this year Christmas to New Years when park reservations were sold out every day. It was crowded, but it was nowhere near as crowded as a *typical* Christmas week with phase IV closures. I didn't wait in huge lines for the bathrooms, by way of example.

I disagree. I was there this year Christmas to New Years when park reservations were sold out every day. It was crowded, but it was nowhere near as crowded as a *typical* Christmas week with phase IV closures. I didn't wait in huge lines for the bathrooms, by way of example.
How can you disagree when I said now is more crowded than Christmas and New Years? Seeing how I never said a thing about Christmas week being more crowded not even sure what you are disagreeing with any way. If you’ll read my post again I said now is more crowded. I am waiting in longer lines this trip than any in the past 10 years. The only time I’ve waiting in longer lines for food or bathrooms was NYE pre Covid.

How can you disagree when I said now is more crowded than Christmas and New Years? Seeing how I never said a thing about Christmas week being more crowded not even sure what you are disagreeing with any way. If you’ll read my post again I said now is more crowded. I am waiting in longer lines this trip than any in the past 10 years. The only time I’ve waiting in longer lines for food or bathrooms was NYE pre Covid.
I was also there two weeks ago, the week before and leading up to President's day weekend, including the weekend itself. That was also days when the park passes were sold out. I get that it feels very crowded, but I also absolutely believe that Disney is limiting capacity well below the old Phase IV closures. I really think people have forgotten just how busy the parks were during the phased closures.

You can open the MDE app and look at wait times right now.... I'm not sure where international guest would fit into current crowd levels.

Hollywood for example has seven attractions over an hour wait, four of them are over two hours.

Haven't the crowds actually been quite strong over the last several months? It seems like we aren't seeing the usual non-peak-season lags. I doubt that that has anything to do with the 50th anniversary. It just has to do with pent up demand, revenge travel, and the inability to travel abroad. But is Disney really disappointed with the recent attendance numbers?
Partial closures, operating at lower capacity and inflated wait times makes it seem busier than it really is as well.

Partial closures, operating at lower capacity and inflated wait times makes it seem busier than it really is as well.
Here now. It feels pretty crowded but I agree that a lot of the increased wait times are due to limited capacity. It seems as though rides are only operating at half of their potential

I don't know if they will open it, even softly, too much earlier than they want. It depends how far along it is and when they want to open it to draw crowds. The only reason they are opening it this soon is because the 50th has laid an egg and hasn't drawn crowds like they expected. They need something new to bring them in. I don't know if an April/May opening would attract more crowds. When school is out in summer though, could attract more crowds.
Agreed, they are going to use it as an "I was there when," ticket seller. Pretty sure there will be a celebrity ribbon cutting as well. no way they disguise an opening date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter