Experience

Luvlyjessy

Earning My Ears
Sooo we’ve never been on a cruise and have some concerns with getting seasick or feeling castrophobic? What did you all experience throughout your experience?

My family of 5 has been on two cruises and we loved them both. We were concerned about possible seasickness on the first trip, but none of us had any issues. On the second which was a 30th anniversary cruise for my moms, my stepmom (who is very prone to motion sickness) was especially concerned, but also experienced no issues. On both trips we had one evening of..... I wouldn't call them rough seas, but the waves were certainly higher. We barely felt the ship moving both times.

Re: Claustrophobia. Our first cruise was an inside cabin. None of the five of us had any issues with feeling overwhelmed being closed in. I have one friend who always prefers interior rooms because she and her husband like going back for a nap in the afternoon when they cruise and without windows it is perfect for that. On our second trip we chose a room with a porthole window. I much preferred this personally as I liked being able to see the ocean any time, day or night. It just added to the experience imo.

Given COVID's presence, I'm not sure how I'd feel about staying in a room with anything less than a balcony suite. Being able to keep the door open whenever we're in the room would be a huge bonus for me, mentally. Would it make me any safer from exposure? I have no idea. Mentally I would feel better about getting more fresh air in the room vs a room that relied solely on the ship's ventilation (which could be fantastic now; Idk what upgrades/changes/precautions are in place now).

Ships of this size seldom have enough movement to cause motion sickness. Some people are especially sensitive so they take a supply of motion sickness pills - get the non-drowsy type. But generally its a non-issue.

I’ve been on a handful of cruises and generally don’t have any issues. Especially with Caribbean cruises. But we did an Alaskan cruise a few years back and the waters were rough and it got me pretty good. I am definitely sensitive to motion sickness. I got those pressure points wristbands and Bonine and both helped. We had a balcony room which also helped. It wouldn’t stop me from going again, though.

Sooo we’ve never been on a cruise and have some concerns with getting seasick or feeling castrophobic? What did you all experience throughout your experience?
I take Bonine every morning of a cruise to prevent any illness. I’d recommend a balcony stateroom if you are worried about feeling claustrophobic. I’ve had an inside stateroom before and I was mostly worried about sleeping forever because it’s so dark.

I've been on 3 cruises, I have a very strong stomach so fortunately don't get seasick, however first day I generally feel a bit strange just due to the unfamiliar motion of the ship. Definitely recommend packing a variety of anti-sickness remedies as different ones have different effects on people. You might want one that causes drowsiness for bedtime. I also found sitting outside helped take my mind of any motion I could feel.

For claustrophobia, definitely get a cabin with a window at minimum, or a balcony if its in your budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter