Experiences worth paying for

Lebestiole

Mouseketeer
Hello friends! My trip is a month away and for now I have 2 reservations for character breakfast, Plaza Inn and Ariel's Grotto.

I was thinking of doing WOC dessert party buuuut we don't really have a sweet tooth, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. We can get there early and find a good spot, so maybe THAT package in particular is not good for us.

But I'm sure there are many other things we can do around the Land that I'm probably not aware of, and maybe you can share those experiences with me so I can make some choices, save money and do them as well!

Thank you!

The only experience worth paying for IMO is the character breakfast if you're the type that likes to take pictures with characters. Especially if you make the early reservations during the early hour (so many characters by going early!). You'll save a lot of time by meeting most of the characters you would have to stand in line to meet in the park. The only exception is maybe Mickey (IIRC he wasn't at Plaza Inn when I last went).

It really depends on what you feel is value added. We have done several park tours in the parks, and have been impressed by the value and service provided.

The Walk in Walt's Footsteps is a 4 hour tour with a guide. You get to understand the background of the parks and learn a great deal about the parks history. You get VIP access to several rides, and currently they take you into the Dream suite. Lunch is provided, you get special souvenir pins, and buttons. Last time we also received VIP access to the Aladdin show in the Hyperion. If you take the tour bring along some headphones, as there is an audio portion, and their headphones are not the greatest.

The welcome to Disney tour is less expensive and you get a good tour of both the DLR and DCA, you also get some VIP ride access, and lunch at the end of the tour.

Definitely Minnie's breakfast at the Plaza! So many characters at one meal. We went for our magic morning that day, did rides for a couple of hours and had a late (10:30) breakfast. All of the characters were there and still touring tables even after closing time. Some even came to our table twice. We saw Hook, Chip, Dale, Minnie, Max, Fairy Godmother, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Rafiki.
We personally loved the WOC dessert party! I've done WOC numerous times before and it was so nice not having to camp out ahead for a good spot, being squished by so many people, and having a seat for the show after a long day was fantastic. The WOC dinner packages are great, too. No tables and chairs, but you get a meal and a pre assigned vieweing area so again, less wasted park time camping out forever! There is an Ariel's Grotto package, so if you're planning to eat there anyway, why not get the added benefit of the preferred viewing?

We did the WOC lunch at Carthay Circle last summer and really enjoyed it. We still had to get to the viewing area pretty early to get a spot along the railing, but it was a great view.
We also enjoy doing the character meals, as they're a great way to get a little down time out of the heat and visit with the characters.
A few years ago we did the Discover the Magic tour, but it doesn't look like it's offered right now.

There is an Ariel's Grotto package, so if you're planning to eat there anyway, why not get the added benefit of the preferred viewing?

If you want to see the Princesses, though, you won't get the WOC viewing and vice versa. If you have a little Princess in your family, it's a good way to see them without waiting, but from my family's experience, the Princesses are usually in a hurry at Ariel's, and we've had much better interaction at the regular Meet n Greet. Plus, at the regular meet n greet, you won't have other families eating in the background of your photos.

My daughter and nieces loved Ariel's and meeting the princesses. It's the only time we've been able to meet Mulan, who happened to be my niece's favorite! If you have a little girl who loves princesses, it's well worth it. The food is done really cutely too.

For WOC, if you are there a night they have 2 shows, you can hang out next to where the dessert party is being cleaned up and then snag a railing in that area for the second show really easily. We found this out by accident on our last trip! We got the same view without table or dessert and we didn't even enter the queue until 20 minutes or so before the show!

If you want to see the Princesses, though, you won't get the WOC viewing and vice versa. If you have a little Princess in your family, it's a good way to see them without waiting, but from my family's experience, the Princesses are usually in a hurry at Ariel's, and we've had much better interaction at the regular Meet n Greet. Plus, at the regular meet n greet, you won't have other families eating in the background of your photos.
I was not aware of that!! We've only done Ariel's as a regular meal. Good to know!

The WoC Dessert party is the ONLY way I want to watch WoC anymore. There are plently of not too sweet treat included and you can take home everything you don't eat and eat them later. Mine were fine 3 days later. You can fruit (grapes), cheese, bread and adult beverages (if you choose).

WOC desert party definitely, Aladdin's PTN on the go package, frozen pre-show and Blue Bayou water side. I don't like waiting in line forever or camping out to get a good viewing spot. My time is worth the dollars, and a seat for WOC at the end of the day with that view is priceless. I have always loved Pirates of the Caribbean so Blue Bayou is a must do for me.

The WoC Dessert party is the ONLY way I want to watch WoC anymore

I'm seriously so excited to do this on our next trip I can't wait, however, I am glad that they made me prepay for this. I'm gifting it to all the kids and my parents so the cost for 9 of us was atrocious. I just paid it and now I don't have to think about it.......did I mention I'm so stinkin excited for this!!!

WOC desert party definitely, Aladdin's PTN on the go package, frozen pre-show and Blue Bayou water side. I don't like waiting in line forever or camping out to get a good viewing spot. My time is worth the dollars, and a seat for WOC at the end of the day with that view is priceless. I have always loved Pirates of the Caribbean so Blue Bayou is a must do for me.

OP, just so you know, Aladdin's PTN on the go package and the frozen pre-show are now officially off the docket and won't be available during your visit.

This is exactly what we did- I found them all worthwhile too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter