Explain Kidcot stations!

ErinInCT

Someday my tag will come...
I have seen a lot of info about the Kidcot stations at Epcot WS. Can someone explain
1. What is it?
2. Do they have them in each country?
3. Where are they located in the country?
4. What can you do there?
I have a DD4 (and DD1 but she is just along for the ride!!) and she loves arts and crafts & from what I read it sounds like you can do a mask in each country (or one mask that you continually decorate as you go from country to country?) but I don't know if this is part of Kidcot or what?
Thanks for the clarification!!
7 months and counting until the big trip!!
Erin

I haven't been in awhile but here is the way it was....
Kidcot stations were at every country, generally right out in front or near the front, very easy to find. A castmember from that country will sign your Epcot Passport ( if you have one) and help your child with an art project in a group project kind of way. At one time it was one mask with parts added in each country. It is a lot of fun for kids. Be aware that it is sometimes hard to get your kids away from the table as they like what they are doing.....

1. What is it?

It is a designated area where the children can create an art project. Last year it was a mask. Each of the countries have an assortment of markers and crayons where you can decorate the mask. Each country also has a stamp, ie.. Mexico, USA, etc.
If you do not have the passport, they will stamp just about anything you have. We had the handle of the mask stamped.

2. Do they have them in each country?

Yes.

3. Where are they located in the country?

All Kidcot stations are marked by a sign. Not all stations are out front and most were located within the shopping loactions of each country. If you are not sure or do not see a sign, just ask any CM.

4. What can you do there?

In addition to the masks, each country will have a paper cut-out that will be added to your mask. In Germany it was a teddybear, in Norway it was a Viking ship and in Canda I believe it was a hot-air balloon. Not sure if they will be doing the masks again this year but we'll find out in March.

As far as the age of the children, we had kids ranging from 7 to 15 and they all enjoyed it.

This was our first year to explore the Kidcot stations and found it to be very fun and it kept the kids interested in what would have been an uninteresting part of Epcot for them, or at least the younger ones. My oldest actually wants to get the passport this year and have it stamped as she goes to each country.

Enjoy!

CBS:earsboy:

I won't repeat as all your questions are answered. I will say that last week, feb 15-21 they were still doing the masks.

TJ

just to add:
my daughter also painted a picture in france(don't know if they're still doing that)
danced with the belly-dancer in morrocco
not kidcot, but be sure not to miss: the chinese acrobats, the living statues and myuki the candy lady in japan....those were especially favorite my my dd...

my tip:

tell your daughter to do a little at each station or else you'll be spending hours waiting for them to finish coloring. I saw alot of parenting fighting with there kids to get away from the table. My daughter would choose one marker color at each table - that was it! She finished with a beautiful mask.

You can buy the passports in any of the showcase stores.....i think.

You can buy the passports in any of the showcase stores.....i think.

Good question. I know that I have seen them in the store that is between the two boat landings as you exit FW and enter WS. Not sure of the name of it though. I would assume that they would be available in any of the stores located within World Showcase. Not so sure about the stores in Future World. I know that I have never seen them offered for sale outside of Epcot though.

When in doubt ask a CM,:confused:, hopefully they'll be able to help!

CBS:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter