Extra day in Venice

Walk around the island just wandering. Go where your feet take you. Turn when you reach a fork. Take pictures of all the beauty that unfolds.

It's hard to get lost in Venice. Just look up at any corner and you'll see signs pointing you to St Marks or the Realto.

I just got back from Venice (we did our Italy trip non ABD since it was constantly canceled 2020-2022.). We did a small 30 person opera in a mansion in Venice at the Musica Pallozzo. Children are welcome to this opera house. They have programs to understand the opera and lyrics.
A lot of people did a day trip to Verona. Also stop and get lunch/afternoon tea at the Cafe Floran in San Marco Square.

If you're a huge Shakespeare buff then Verona is a great side trip but besides that I wouldn't leave Venice for anything. I've always thought of it like a Disney World for adults because it feels like it's a fake place made just for tourists to stroll around and take in the beautiful sights. It doesn't even feel like people actually live there...until you see the UPS gondola and you're like...there it is. Enjoy! Probably the one place I would go to if someone said I can go anywhere for a day for free.

We are also staying an extra day in Venice in June so I appreciate this discussion. Things I had considered were Murano, a day tour to vineyards, or a food/appertivo tour. "Kids" are 18 and 20 so if I don't plan something they may be inclined to just sleep in at the hotel.

We are also staying an extra day in Venice in June so I appreciate this discussion. Things I had considered were Murano, a day tour to vineyards, or a food/appertivo tour. "Kids" are 18 and 20 so if I don't plan something they may be inclined to just sleep in at the hotel.
Yep, my son is 20. 😂 We love a food tour - I need to see what’s available. Thank you!

Our ABD guide set us up with a taxi ride out to Murano (we didn't have to pay the regular taxi fee with the understanding we'd be buying glass (which we did. Actually commissioned some small chandeliers). We switched from the Hilton to the St. Regis, so the taxi helped us transport all our luggage and then we went to Murano.
Afterwards we just strolled around Venice and ate dinner. It was nice having a relaxing day (we spent time in Capri/Naples/Sorrento etc before the ABD, and we were going to Austria/Germany after so the down day was welcome).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter