Extreme Makeover: TAGLIARCHY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slo I hate it when we have to take the tree down, I intend to leave mine up for as long as possible!

NCBelle I'm sorry the store is being difficult, I have having to do returns!

So I managed to set the routine up at the gym with my trainer, but as I have a really bad cold at the moment there was no point in actually doing the work out today so I have another appointment to go through it with him next week when my cold should hopefully have gone! So seen as I was there I decided to go for a swim, then sit in the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi for a relax instead.

I ended up taking down one of our Christmas trees yesterday.
Stephanie wasn't happy about it :sad2: but I told her that I had to take advantage of being home on a Saturday with no plans, and get it done!! I did leave the living room tree up, and that will stay up until the middle of January. It's not in anyone's way, and it does look great!!! :goodvibes

Danauk - Have a good day with your trainer. I hope it goes well!!! :)

Belle - I'm sorry to hear about Kohls being difficult. I was always under the impression that a gift receipt is the same as the original receipt. You should get the original price of the item returned back to you. What price did they give you? I sure hope it was the price on the gift receipt.

I think we are planning on staying home again today, and just veggie out in front of the tv. My one friend with her kids may come over earlier, but it will be brief as they are passing through to go home (she lives in Lake in the Hills, not around the corner).

Have a good day today!!!! :wave:

:wave:
We are not 100% sure if we got the true amount, but the assistant manager gave us some extra cash as a "gesture of good faith". I e-mail the website to let them know that the store employees were confusing on how they tell the refund/exchange policies. We don't want to bother MIL to ask her what she spent. The in-laws were very generous last year and we did not expect more than the traditional MIL's signature Walnut pound cake.

:banana: We had a lot of rain today. Hopefully we get more rain soon---the drought is raising the prices on food and what the county is charging for city water.

We are putting the tree away next week or so after Jan. 6. We observed Epiphany/Little Christmas...not always with gifts, but with music and a nice dinner.

So what does everyone have planned today?
I decided to keep Katie at home, and I'm praying that I can get her to sleep longer at home than if she were at daycare. I have nothing going on here today, so it should be nice and quiet (unlike Christmas Eve where there's alot of preparation).
I do have to go out this morning and visit the shop - I have to show them what to do when taking the Christmas decorations down. Plus I would like to wish them Happy New Year.
Than I have to go to Jewel and get Kevin's birthday cake.
So, not much going on - it's great!!!! :banana:

Who's all staying up till midnight tonight?
We all will be, even the girls.
Both sets of parents are coming over, and we have alot of snacky type food we are eating this year. In the past we did a meal, but we decided to do this instead. I love snacky food - it's always a little more fun. Plus you can eat on the go, which is good, since we are karoking tonight :cool1:

Well, I gotta run and jump into the ol shower
Have a good day today, and a great, and safe night with whatever you do
Happy New Year my friends - I love you all!!! :grouphug:

Slo I hate it when we have to take the tree down, I intend to leave mine up for as long as possible!

NCBelle I'm sorry the store is being difficult, I have having to do returns!

So I managed to set the routine up at the gym with my trainer, but as I have a really bad cold at the moment there was no point in actually doing the work out today so I have another appointment to go through it with him next week when my cold should hopefully have gone! So seen as I was there I decided to go for a swim, then sit in the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi for a relax instead.
I'm sorry to hear that you aren't ringing in the new year well :guilty:
It's stinks to be sick on a holiday :sick:
I'll send alot of New Years PD your way to feel better soon!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

:wave:
We are not 100% sure if we got the true amount, but the assistant manager gave us some extra cash as a "gesture of good faith". I e-mail the website to let them know that the store employees were confusing on how they tell the refund/exchange policies. We don't want to bother MIL to ask her what she spent. The in-laws were very generous last year and we did not expect more than the traditional MIL's signature Walnut pound cake.

:banana: We had a lot of rain today. Hopefully we get more rain soon---the drought is raising the prices on food and what the county is charging for city water.

We are putting the tree away next week or so after Jan. 6. We observed Epiphany/Little Christmas...not always with gifts, but with music and a nice dinner.
I just can't get over how these employees don't know how to do a return with a gift receipt. I could see the employees being slightly confused, but not the manager :sad2: This whole thing makes me so annoyed for you!!!!! :headache: At least you got something back!!!:rolleyes:

Well it is 2008 here in England so HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS I hope 2008 is a magical year for everyone. I am really looking forward to meeting some of you in the summer!!

3.gif

I hope everyone had a fun, safe holiday last night.

We did - it was nice, and very low key
Kevin and I didn't get to bed until almost 2am :faint:
Thank goodness I was able to sleep in today, and I did, until 9:30am:eek: This is the first time I've been able to do that for over 10 years. I actually could of stayed in bed longer, because everyone else is still in bed, but I wanted to get up and have my quiet cup of coffee and DIS for awhile :surfweb:

Well, I gotta run - Katie just got up.
Have a great day todaye everyone!! :wave:

Happy New Year, Taglikins! Hope everyone has a safe, healthy, prosperous 2008!

I'm still only on line every few days, so have lots of catching up to do on the DIS...I think I'm about 100 pages behind on my cruise meets thread!

Had a quiet (early) New Year's Eve. Peg left work early and we went to see "Juno" (Very good) and then picked up Jose for an early dinner (Chinese). I was home and in my jammies at 8pm! Guess we'll have to open that bottle of Rosa Regale tonight instead ::yes::

Happy New Year..

We didn't do much last night had about 8 inches of snow so we all stayed in.. Did some Disney Trivia and made a pizza.. we had chinese for lunch so we didn't want a big dinner.

Today is the Rose bowl... Eric is having a few friends over for the game.. GO ILLINI!! I have snacky stuff for the boys..mozzeralla sticks, egg rolls, pizza , soda..

This is a specially formulated diet designed to help women cope with
the stress that builds during the day.

Breakfast
1 grapefruit
1 slice whole wheat toast
1 cup skim milk

Lunch[/SIZE]
1 small portion lean, steamed chicken
1 cup spinach
1 cup herbal tea
1 Hershey's kiss

Afternoon Tea
The rest of the Hershey Kisses in the bag
Two Oranges and a Peanut butter sandwich
[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

Dinner
4 glasses of wine (red or white)
1 family size supreme pizza
3 Snickers Bars
Late Night Snack
Half a whole Sarah Lee cheesecake (eaten directly from the freezer)

And remember: "Stressed spelled backward is desserts."

Send this to four women and you will lose two pounds. Send this to all the women you know (or ever knew) and you will lose 10 pounds. If you delete this
message, you will gain 10 pounds immediately. That's why I had to pass this
on; I didn't want to risk it.

:surfweb:

I'm doing a quick post this morning.

I'm really loving Stephanie not being in school, because it's so nice to not have to rush in the morning. I've been sleeping in, and that's been awesome too. It's going to be a bummer when she has to go back on Monday.

We had a good day yesterday - we were very lazy!!!!
We sat around all day and watched tons of tv - it was great!!
We watched Evan Almighty, Brother Bear, and the Samantha Brown WDW special that I DVR'd. Yep - we did alot of TV watching - loved it!!!:goodvibes

That's it from me - I gotta go jump into the shower
Have a good day today!! :wave:

I'm a bit excited today, does my signature below this post look a little different?

I'm going to Disneyland Paris in April!! I've been wanting to go back for a while now as they have loads of new things there since my last visit (Space Mountain 2, Crush's coaster and the new Tower of Terror that only just opened.) I can't believe I have 2 Disney trips planned!! Whooooo.

I hope everyone else is having a great day too.

Danauk--- DLP sounds like fun. We are not sure when/where we get our next Disney fix.

I had to break out the heavy duty winter coat and gloves. We may had some flurries.

I think most of the schools in our went back already, but the kids in the neighborhood have several breaks in the next couple of months. It was so quiet outside today.

I'm a bit excited today, does my signature below this post look a little different?

I'm going to Disneyland Paris in April!! I've been wanting to go back for a while now as they have loads of new things there since my last visit (Space Mountain 2, Crush's coaster and the new Tower of Terror that only just opened.) I can't believe I have 2 Disney trips planned!! Whooooo.

Yeah - I"m so excited for you!!! :woohoo: :yay:
I remember when you went before, and how much you enjoyed it:cool1:
Have fun planning your new trip!!! :goodvibes

Danauk--- DLP sounds like fun. We are not sure when/where we get our next Disney fix.

I had to break out the heavy duty winter coat and gloves. We may had some flurries.

I think most of the schools in our went back already, but the kids in the neighborhood have several breaks in the next couple of months. It was so quiet outside today.
It's so cold here today too!! :cold:
I woke up, turned on the news, and it says that it's 0 degrees out :cold:
I really hate winter!!!!! :headache:

Well, I'm off to get ready for work

Slo and NCBelle I know what you mean about the cold. It is 0 degrees here too and the weather has forcast snow for this evening. I hate it when it is cold at work and I am on playground duty, although I do have my WDW hat and my Disney scalf and gloves to wear!!

I've spent today sorting out what we would like to do at DLP. I'm managing to confuse myself now though as DLP is more similar to DL than it is to the MK and some of the restaurants have very similar names and now I'm forgetting which one is where!!

Right, I'm off to the gym, have a great day everyone.

:surfweb:

Not much sleep for us last night :sad2:
Poor Kevin did something to his foot, and he's in a lot of pain - he couldn't sleep.:sad2:
I went to bed with a slight headache, and I woke up 2 hours later like someone dropped a ton of bricks on me - it was weird - I couldn't sleep:sad2:
It looks like we are going to bed early tonight:rolleyes:

Danauk - I've only been to WDW, but I bet things all start sounding the same when you start visiting the different parks. Have fun sorting it out!!! :goodvibes
**How did everything go with the trainer at the gym?
Do they have you on a certain gym regiment?

Well friends, I gotta go jump into the shower

Slo I'm sorry you had a bad nights sleep. I hope you feel better today. What did Kevin do to his foot?
My gym session went well. We have set up a cardio, swim and weights routine for me to do. Then after 6 weeks I have another health check to see the progress and then review the routine.

So does anyone have anything fun planned this weekend? I need to do my school work, I have been putting it off all week but it needs to be done for Monday!

Yeah DLP!!!!.. that sounds so great..

BTW I am still hoping we can meet up August 16th in LA..not sure where we are staying or what time we are getting in.. Thinking about staying by the airport ( LAX) ..

Cold here too but we are warming up today they say and it will continue over the weekend..

Kids are back at school on MOnday so getting in the right frame of mind is beginning. They only have a week of classes and then finals.. who did that calendar??

Today is last day of vacation so once Eric gts back from wrestling practice we are going to Carson's for Ribs for lunch...YUMMY!!!

So I guess I better keep working on the Eagle letters. they need to go out this week..:laughing: At Geoff's Eagle ceremony, we read some ofl these congrat letter from all sorts of people. Have a BIG book that holds all the letters of congrats. I have a government list since Geoff interested in intl realtions/ political science stuff.. I have been told that they take a long time to get back.. so.. I need to get these done and mailed.. or some of them done and mailed....

Be back later

OH MAN....I want Carson's ribs too!

Hi Kids!

Me too - I haven't had those in years and years and years!!!
Geffric, I hope you and your family enjoyed them :goodvibes

Danauk - Kevin doesn't know what he did to his foot, but the doctor said that it was severely strained. He knows that he very slightly rolled his ankle while on a fire call, but he didn't think that was enough to hurt it like that, but who knows. It's feeling better today, and we both slept great last night:thumbsup2
**I'm glad your gym session went well. We have a gym close by with a pool, and someday when the girls are older, and can be home alone, I would love to join to swim laps in their pool. That is my favorite exercise!!!! :)

Today I'm going in work very briefly, and then I'm going to come home and do some work around the house. This is my last Saturday not having to work all day, and I'm going to enjoy it at home :goodvibes

Have a good day today!!! :wave:

HI..

The ribs were awesome.. we had 3 1/2 slabs and then ordered a full slab for the boys to split after they finished their 1/2 slab.. no leftovers here at all....

Today Eric is at a wrestling meet and Geoff had his Eagle breakfast..
now we are working on the Eagle letter project.. this may take a full 2 weeks.. it is massive..

Picture of us from the Eagle breakfast this morning..
EagleBreakfast152008012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter