Fabulous Friends, Fashion, Food and Firsts! 8/20/2021 COMPLETE!!!!

Another Very Exciting Announcement or 2!!!!

Joe and I have 2 more trips planned coming up VERY soon. The first one is in just 17 days. We will be spending my birthday in Disney for the second year in a row AND staying at a new to both of us resort, the Beach Club!!! We won't be going to any parks this trip but have a few new things planned.

The second trip came about while we were on this current trip. @CruellaNY reached out to us and asked if we'd like to meet them (her and her hubby, Steve) in August (she also threw out there that it would be another great opportunity to see our son Tim, who is now working for Disney). Of course, Joe and I couldn't say no to that. 😁 We now have 2 nights booked at our favorite resort, the Wilderness Lodge. This trip literally falls 2 weeks after getting home from our July trip, lol! We are so excited about this one because we didn't think we'd be seeing our besties until the 50th!!!! Again, no parks for us, but I'm sure there will be a lot of time spent at Geyser Point!!!

Sounds like a great travel day and welcoming dinner.

Congrats on 2 more trips and more Disney time.
Thank you very much!

And hey, we'll be there in August and I'm going to try to get away from the family for some GP! Hope to see you then!
What are your August dates? We will be at the WL 10-12, no parks. Would LOVE to see you, my friend!!!!

Joe, his sister Christina and I had so much fun this day. We visited Sunken Gardens (a botanical garden) and had lunch at The Old Northeast Tavern, a wonderful, hidden gem located in the heart of a downtown St Pete neighborhood. If you didn't know it was there, there's a good chance you would walk right by it. Then, we popped in next door, to Black Crow Coffee for an amazing cold brew. We loved seeing the flamingos, had a great flatbread pizza, and just really enjoyed the day together.

Next up, Joe and I visit the best restaurant on the beach with an even better view...

Good morning and happy weekend everyone! Wanted to share my latest Disney/vacation fashion with any of you who may be interested. Usually, I'm a tee shirt and sweatshorts type of gal. But, I do like to get dressed up when Joe and I go out or we're on holiday. 😁

DISNEY VACATION FASHION AT 50!!

So many cute outfits! I am obsessed with that green short sleeve dress you got at Target. I miss Target....can't wait to be able to go cross border shopping again soon! :)

The first one is in just 17 days. We will be spending my birthday in Disney for the second year in a row AND staying at a new to both of us resort, the Beach Club!!!
It sounds like a great way to spend your birthday. :)
We now have 2 nights booked at our favorite resort, the Wilderness Lodge. This trip literally falls 2 weeks after getting home from our July trip, lol!
We did two trips, one in April and one in May, that turned out to be about 16 days about. It didn't seem that close together when I booked them. :)

I know you'll have a great time at WL with Ariane and Steve. Geyser Point is such a great place to hang out, too. :)

So many cute outfits! I am obsessed with that green short sleeve dress you got at Target. I miss Target....can't wait to be able to go cross border shopping again soon! :)
Thank you. The Knox Rose brand is amazing.

I know you'll have a great time at WL with Ariane and Steve. Geyser Point is such a great place to hang out, too. :)
It is! We're looking forward to it.

Today Joe and I had lunch on the beach. We decided to visit Caddies. Caddies started as a beach bar on St Pete Beach and has expanded to quite a few locations in the area. Joe and I visited their newest spot, and definitely our new favorite. I started with a Bloody and Joe had a few beachy cocktails. We also shared a jumbo hot pretzel served with a queso dipping sauce. The pretzel was good, nothing to write home about but the view made up for it. It was absolutely breathtaking. After our drinks and snack, Joe and I decided to take a quick walk on the beach.

Next up, we start the Disney part of the vacation, the part you have all been waiting for... 😁

I'm here and all caught up. Travel day sounds so much better when you don't have to get up at scary o'clock!
You both look so lovely and relaxed and I love that you have several trips planned before you've finished the current one. Must make leaving for home a lot easier knowing you'll be back in a blink!
Can't believe it's been 2 years for your youtube channel! You've expanded your base so much since those early days when there were only a few of us. Have to say I will be forever grateful to you both for providing me with some very welcome escapism as I went through various surgeries/chemo/radio etc. Absolutely delighted for you both that Jen and Joe on the Go! is going from strength to strength. Congratulations :love:

You know I just realized I bought a Knox Rose shirt at Target! Really like the brand!
I absolutely love this brand. I love the BoHo style and everything is so soft and comfy.

I'm here and all caught up. Travel day sounds so much better when you don't have to get up at scary o'clock!
You both look so lovely and relaxed and I love that you have several trips planned before you've finished the current one. Must make leaving for home a lot easier knowing you'll be back in a blink!
Can't believe it's been 2 years for your youtube channel! You've expanded your base so much since those early days when there were only a few of us. Have to say I will be forever grateful to you both for providing me with some very welcome escapism as I went through various surgeries/chemo/radio etc. Absolutely delighted for you both that Jen and Joe on the Go! is going from strength to strength. Congratulations :love:
Thank you Moira! That's the biggest and best compliment we could ever receive. You are amazing!

love the idea of having lunch on the beach. We need to plan a trip to Florida that includes a few days on the beach. You seem to find great places to visit. :)
Sometimes it's nice just to have a relaxation day, or 2 or 3, lol!

Sister Wife reporting for duty!!!!

I had no idea you were going in August too!!! I told Ariane I'm considering going next month but it would be the week after you all. Its the National Holiday otherwise known as the day of my birth and I'm debating between an economically responsible trip to the beach or a return to Disney. If we go it would be a quick trip with lots of pool time and no parks except for the non-Halloween Halloween party thing. I plan on spending the next few days drinking debating what to do.

I had no idea you were going in August too!!! I told Ariane I'm considering going next month but it would be the week after you all. Its the National Holiday otherwise known as the day of my birth and I'm debating between an economically responsible trip to the beach or a return to Disney. If we go it would be a quick trip with lots of pool time and no parks except for the non-Halloween Halloween party thing. I plan on spending the next few days drinking debating what to do.
LOL! We literally booked it a few days after we got home. Ariane is to blame. She asked what we were doing during those dates and said we should come to Disney because it would be a great opportunity to see Timmy again. 😁
I think you should be totally irresponsible and go to Disney for your bday!!!!!! We aren't doing parks in July or August, just going to lounge at the pool, eat like pigs and drink like fish.

The drive to Orlando from St Pete was uneventful and for the first time in a long time, we didn't hit any obscene traffic. We pulled up to OKW with about a half-hour to spare until our brunch reservation at Olivia's, so we walked around a bit and took in the beauty of the resort.

We were seated outside (just like we requested) and got to the first order of business, DRINKS! I started with a Bloody and Joe ordered a Poblano Margarita. Both of these were absolutely amazing. My Bloody was nice and chilled and loaded with garnishes. Joe's drink was nice and spicy.

We decided to split the sweet potato waffles with fried chicken and Joe got an order of grits. Let me tell you...I do NOT like sweet potatoes. I think they are disgusting. But, man!!!! These waffles were the bomb! And, the chicken was cooked perfectly. It was nice and crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. We practically licked the plate clean between us. Joe loved his grits too. These are his favorite on property and they didn't disappoint.

This was such a good way to start vacation. We had also received our room-ready text from the Hilton Disney Springs while eating. But, before we checked in, we wanted to spend a bit of time in DS, with one goal in mind. We wanted to go up to the Coke bar and get a drink. We had never been here before and we wanted to check it out.

We walked up the long ramp instead of taking the elevator. Once up to the top, Joe got in line for our Adult Coke Float (JD and Coke with a scoop of ice cream) and I got a table. This drink was good but a bit disappointing in size. For us, the Coke bar is probably a one-and-done.

After our drink, we headed over to the Hilton. We wanted some time to relax and freshen up.

Next up, we meet some dear friends at the Poly for drinks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter