Fairfield Shuttle

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
Just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with the MCO shuttle to the Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport on Augusta Blvd. We are flying in the night before our cruise, and we'll be taking Happy Limo to the port in the morning, but we're just going to use the hotel shuttle when we arrive since the Fairfield is supposed to be close by. We did this with the Amerisuites...they instructed us to call when we arrived and sent someone in about 20 mins. The Fairfield said that the shuttle leaves every hour on the hour. I'm wondering if this is accurate and if that time is dependable. We're arriving (hopefully) around 7:30 and are hoping to get on the 8 p.m. shuttle (I know, with ATA's luggage service that's VERY optimistic)...if not, we'll catch a bite at the Airport Chili's and take the 9 p.m. shuttle, but I'm hoping they keep to that timetable! Any info/experiences would be appreciated.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I was wondering also about some of the hotels around MCO and their shuttles from the airport. Plus are any close to restaurants that you can walk to from any of these hotels. We will be arriving around 6pm and will shuttle to hotel but want to be able to eat dinner later in the evening. After getting my hotel will make ressie for towncar to DCL.

padisneyfan,
If you are at the Amerisuites or a hotel nearby, there are restaurants within walking distance. We walked to TGI Friday's from there. From what I understand, the Fairfield is in the same vicinity. Also, the Fairfield offered free shuttle service to nearby destinations. I'm not sure if the Fairfield does, but I'll post more details when I return. You may want to make your towncar reservation in advance, just to be sure of availability. We usually book Happy Limo a month in advance, altho' I have been lazy lately and have been booking a week or two beforehand.
Barb

Thanks Barb for your input. From my research it looks like there are a number of hotels all close together on Augusta National Drive including the AmeriSuites and Fairfield. Since you said the Amerisuites shuttle is more flexible and can walk to get food, plus I can get the room cheaper with my entertainment card I think I am going to go with them. Soon as I finalize that I'll get the towncar. We don't leave until June, but want to get this all out of the way. Thanks for your help. Hope someone can help you with you orginal question. Enjoy your cruise.

Nancy

Aha, I see I misread your post...I thought it said you were going to book the towncar when you get TO the hotel! I guess my mind is elsewhere, as we leave tomorrow afternoon. If worse comes to worse with the shuttle, we will just eat at the airport. You may want to try to get the Amerisuites via Hotwire...you can see the prices but not the name of the hotel, so if none comes up with "suite" amenities, you are not obligated to book it. Not sure what the entertainment book price is, but I usually get them for $33 via Hotwire, and they even include a free continental breakfast.
Barb

We took the shuttle from MCO to the Fairfield last fall. We called them when we got in and they were there in about 20 minutes. There are several hotels near the Fairfield..Bennigans and Tony Romas are the two I recall. Fairfield also has a nice continental breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter