Fake pizza delivery beware at BLT

bakalorber

Mouseketeer
Was just at BLT this week. Had a pizza delivery menu placed under my door day one/two. I think it was joes pizza (said something about real New York pizza from real New Yorkers). Almost called day three but didn't. Day four went to order pizza and menu was gone. Found out from front desk house keeping is ordered to take them. it is a scammer who is stealing CC #'s. wish they gave us a heads up upon check in!! Luckily we would have paid in cash anyway! Also, the market has frozen pizza in the contemporary for 5.95.

This scam has been going on for years. It's been reported numerous times here on DIS. I suspect they assume that everyone knows it by now.

I get one of these flyers at least once every trip. There's no way I would take a chance with ordering food to be delivered by some place I don't know. I don't understand why after all these years Disney can't find the culprits & ban them from the property. Some one has to see them sliding these things under the doors at the hotels. The only other option is that they are being slipped under the doors by CM's.

I get one of these flyers at least once every trip. There's no way I would take a chance with ordering food to be delivered by some place I don't know. I don't understand why after all these years Disney can't find the culprits & ban them from the property. Some one has to see them sliding these things under the doors at the hotels. The only other option is that they are being slipped under the doors by CM's.

I really doubt they are being slipped under the doors by CMs. Unless there is absolutely no video surveillance at the resorts, they could easily lose their CM jobs. The problem is more likely that it is a fairly large group of scammers, or that they recruit people with "help wanted" ads to do this for them so it is a different person delivering the flyers.

Remember that anyone can hop a bus from a theme park to a resort to deliver them, making a positive identification for the purposes of banning them even more difficult.

Was just at BLT this week. Had a pizza delivery menu placed under my door day one/two. I think it was joes pizza (said something about real New York pizza from real New Yorkers). Almost called day three but didn't. Day four went to order pizza and menu was gone. Found out from front desk house keeping is ordered to take them. it is a scammer who is stealing CC #'s. wish they gave us a heads up upon check in!! Luckily we would have paid in cash anyway! Also, the market has frozen pizza in the contemporary for 5.95.

Would only use room service but definitely good to know. Thanks.

Not just BLT but anywhere. I've gotten the flyers at multiple resorts. Do not ever call anyplace that slips a flyer under your door. They are not being put there by Disney CMs, at least not those who are acting on the job. Disney does not endorse this.

I actually saw a story from someone who did get a pizza from one of these...but it was a supermarket frozen pizza that they'd ended up paying $12 in cash for.

OP.... FYI Pizza Hut will deliver to your resort.

It has become a tradition to order Pizza Hut when we stay at AKL. For some reason it taste better there than at home :lmao:

Dominos will also deliver or at least at Okw

the reason that blt was not bothered before - was the door lock policy - now that they allow check in at blt - it is easier for outsiders to get inside BLT.

We are at BLT now and got one of these today -Same name. As I was throwing it out I mentioned to my husband reading something on here about this a while back. I hope people stop getting scammed :(

We got one yesterday at AKV. Its actually still near our door. We run over it with the stroller 10 times a day :rotfl: I honestly had never heard of the scam before. We order Papa Johns anyways.

We don't have any info by our phones or in our room warning about it though.

This very good to know. Wonder how hot a pie could be trying to get from outside the world to BLT.

This scam has been going on for years. It's been reported numerous times here on DIS. I suspect they assume that everyone knows it by now.

With all due respect the percentage of people going to WDW that are on the Dis is quite small.

As a Disney CM, I take huge offense to that statement. We are a company of honesty & integrity, and care about the safety and security of our guests above all things.

I had worked front desk at BLT previously to where I'm at right now, which was years ago and this scam was going on even then. I'm assuming it's something that is not easily stoppable. Whoever these people are that are placing these flyers under doors know what they are doing and how to get away with it. Like others have mentioned there are notices in the rooms that state these flyers are a scam, I think a good amount of people have caught on to that as well. Thanks to the OP for this post though, it's always good to get a refresher.

I'm sorry If I offended any CM's by my response but I find it odd that in all these years I have not had one trip where I did not find at least one of these flyers under my door. So some of the Mousekeeping staff who are CM's have to be turning a blind eye IMO to whoever is sliding these things under the door or it wouldn't happen as frequently as it does and the people leaving these things would get caught more often. I know that most CM's are honest & believe in the values the company represents but it only takes one or two bad apples.

We got one yesterday at AKV. Its actually still near our door. We run over it with the stroller 10 times a day :rotfl: I honestly had never heard of the scam before. We order Papa Johns anyways.

We don't have any info by our phones or in our room warning about it though.

Really????? I assume you have a trash can-what the heck???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter