Fall 2010 Professional Internships

Hey all,
Just a quick question, did everyone accepted into a Management internship already have their degree? I made it to interview 3 of the Fall set, and literally the guy told me I didnt get it because there was one spot left for the location they had me set for, and the other person already graduated. Completely heartbreaking, to say the least. At least I live down here, so it's not like I have to quit my job or anything. Soo.. other than being able to finish 3 semesters at once, any interview pointers for spring? haha!

Hey all,
Just a quick question, did everyone accepted into a Management internship already have their degree? I made it to interview 3 of the Fall set, and literally the guy told me I didnt get it because there was one spot left for the location they had me set for, and the other person already graduated. Completely heartbreaking, to say the least. At least I live down here, so it's not like I have to quit my job or anything. Soo.. other than being able to finish 3 semesters at once, any interview pointers for spring? haha!

I had my BA (from many moons ago ;) ), but was in the midst of my Master's. I was about halfway through when I went on my MI. I wouldn't say that it was so much about having the degree completed as it may have been about opportunity. This would have been the other person's last chance, but you have more time to apply. It's got to be difficult making the decisions choosing whom they believe to be the best person for THAT role at THAT time.

There were several of us heartbroken for Spring 2009 when ALL of the MIs were outright cancelled due to economic conditions. It was ugly. The good news was that several of us were hired in for Fall MIs so there was a happy ending. Chin up. I'm a firm believer in being where one is supposed to be at any given time. Are there lessons you still need to learn or experiences you still need to have to better prepare you for a management internship? See what you can do to make those happen while you wait for the next round of interviews.

Hey all,

First of all BBBlade, getting to that round of MI interviews is amazing! You should be so proud of yourself for getting that far. I'm sorry that it turned out that way. I wish you the best of luck in the future, it seems like you have a good chance of getting it for another program season. Best wishes and pixie dust! :)

I think I might be working in the Studio Animation Building, but was wondering exactly where that's located. It is located in the Studios, between Mermaid and Playhouse Disney?

The Animation Building is HUGE! Yes, the Guest entrance is located between Mermaid and Playhouse, but that's only a very small section. You'll be accessing it from backstage where all of the offices and conference rooms are. I get lost when I have meetings there all the time. At least parking is not that bad - when I have meetings on the other side of the park there is never anywhere to park!

I know this is kind of last minute, but I got an offer for June!!! I'm not sure why I didn't hear until now, but I am so excited that I got my top choice of Guest Relations!

Thank you all so much for being here during this journey. It was so nice to have others here that were going through the same nerves as I was.

Can't wait to meet some of you in June! :goodvibes

Looks like those of us who opted to stay in Disney housing have been moved to an off property apartment complex. And only 13 days before check-in! ;) This will be interesting!

Sarah,

Wow, really?! Where are they putting you? Are you having to pay the same amount for stuff and all that jazz? Good luck!

Berlioz,

Where is your original blog at? I loved reading it! When I go to your homepage now, I go to your character site. Thanks =)

So this is a little random but does anyone know if they ever offer PIs the opportunity to extend? I know that I will want to continue my career with Disney but I wont be in college and able to apply for a CP or anything like that after this! Thanks:wizard:

So this is a little random but does anyone know if they ever offer PIs the opportunity to extend? I know that I will want to continue my career with Disney but I wont be in college and able to apply for a CP or anything like that after this! Thanks:wizard:

As long as you won't be there for more than a year on a student program and if they like you, yes, you can sometimes extend. I had done a CP in Spring '09, then did the internship in Fall '09, so I could not extend. I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and was statused the day after my internship ended.

Hello!

I’m finishing up m internship here a Disney World and I don’t need my car anymore! It has low miles only 113000 and has nice ice cold A/C!! Great stereo system put in by previous owner. NEW TRANSMISSION AND REAR BRAKES!!! Pumping gas takes longer than usual but still gets amazing gas mileage!! 33-35 mpg! Only a few scratches here and there but overall looks great!! Give me a call and I’ll be happy to show her to you!

Ana
425-698-7480

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter