Fall 2012 Professional Internships

I got a background check email for a PI I got NLICed for a week ago but I don't have anything questionable on my record. I think they choose a group of people they think are promising and send them all the email and then choose the exact people they want from there. I waited forever to finally get NLICed for them. Makes me feel a little better in a way because I know that I was at least being considered for a long time.

But, case in point, just because you get the background check email doesn't mean you're necessarily going to get it; it just means you're being seriously considered.

Got it! Thanks for all the information. I'm sorry you didn't get a PI position especially with your alumni background! Are you trying again for the next semester?

Still- waiting. for any movement on my dashboard. I expect to get NLICed very soon. One week left right?

:hippie: :love: & :tink:dust

<3 K

my apologies, sorry about the false info just seemed like some other people had it that way too.

Good luck everyone!! and keep those fingers and toes crossed :P

Got it! Thanks for all the information. I'm sorry you didn't get a PI position especially with your alumni background! Are you trying again for the next semester?

Still waiting to hear back about a possible alumni position--not holding too much hope, but still have a little. :)

The one I got NLICed for was the one I wanted the absolute most, so I will definitely try again for it. I'm graduating next May, however, so I won't be able to apply again until January. Gives me some time to get some better stuff on my resume!

I have a question that has probably been answered on here before but here goes anyway: one of my PI's was in Interview Stage since my interview of Feb 20th. Now it went back to "in progress". From what I've heard on the PI Facebook page, this is a good thing.

Has anyone here had this happen and if so, what happened next? Thanks!

I have a question that has probably been answered on here before but here goes anyway: one of my PI's was in Interview Stage since my interview of Feb 20th. Now it went back to "in progress". From what I've heard on the PI Facebook page, this is a good thing.

Has anyone here had this happen and if so, what happened next? Thanks!

That happened to me with both of the PI positions I previously applied to. For me, it was at IS for many weeks... like you, but all off a sudden I saw that change to "In Progress" (which is a lower stage-) so I got worried... within a day I was NLICed for both positions. I haven't heard that it was a good thing- but that was my experience. I'm hoping it means something different for you!

:hippie: :love: & :tink: dust!

<3 K

I'm applying for a PI for Spring 2013, and I'm trying to get an idea as to how many of the Fall 2012 PIs were in California. Was it a decent amount?

I think it really depends per year but I didn't see too many unfortunately =(
I'm from Southern California and wanted to stay here but most of the postings were in Florida but I know I saw at least 5 or so and there is also CP if you're interested

After seeing my Adventures by Disney PI go into in progress stage last Friday from interview stage, I was hoping I was one of the lucky ones where the next stage would be post-interview stage but I was deflated this morning - no longer in consideration for that one :(

But I still am in IS for WDPRO Finance and in progress for 3 ESPN internships so I still have hope until this weekend. I also am in IP for two secretary positions - I will not give up my dream! lol

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear this week!

Any other dashboard movement this week? I went NLIC for 1 of my remaining 2 PIs on Monday..... I expect the last 1 to come any day now. This waiting process is difficult- just the fact that if anyone does get a PI we'd be moving in a month or less! Getting housing situated from out of state is challenging... :worried: but I should just expect not to get it at this point. I never had a second interview or follow up questions, so I have no idea how I was still in consideration for so long with quite a few options!

-K

Any other dashboard movement this week? I went NLIC for 1 of my remaining 2 PIs on Monday..... I expect the last 1 to come any day now. This waiting process is difficult- just the fact that if anyone does get a PI we'd be moving in a month or less! Getting housing situated from out of state is challenging... :worried: but I should just expect not to get it at this point. I never had a second interview or follow up questions, so I have no idea how I was still in consideration for so long with quite a few options!

-K

I haven't had any change since Monday so hope that's good news! Don't give up, Katherine! I joined two Facebook PI groups and there was some movement today - mostly NLIC but I think you are still being considered.

I would be so excited to move to CA for the internships I'm still hoping for - it will be challenging but I love challenges!

I haven't had any change since Monday so hope that's good news! Don't give up, Katherine! I joined two Facebook PI groups and there was some movement today - mostly NLIC but I think you are still being considered.

I would be so excited to move to CA for the internships I'm still hoping for - it will be challenging but I love challenges!

Thanks- I just cannot believe I'm still being considered without a 2nd interview... I'm a member of 2 groups on FB and watching the other 2, I check them all as often as possible!

Whoa. Alot of people went NLIC for alumni only PIs last night. How is everyone doing!?

I'm still in interview stage, which is driving me a little crazy! I just want a 100% answer, even if that answer is NLIC. Was this on the FB page where a lot of people went NLIC? I got off that page after I began checking it compulsively.

Huh. I wonder why I'm still in the Interview Stage then. I applied for GR and all the Project Support internships, and I know GR has already let a bunch (presumably everybody) know if they're in and the Project Supports had a bunch of second interviews. I had second interviews for 3 positions, but none of them were Project Support. I can't imagine at this stage in the game I'm still in the running or going to get offered anything. How odd. Ah well, I'm sure it'll change sometime today or tomorrow. Disney is still a million times better than other companies who just never reply ever, at least I'll know when they say no! Guess it's just the waiting game now! ::yes::

hopefully its a good move
from what I see the 2BR apt is bigger at Falcon Square than at Cumberland!
yay more space!

It doesn't say the prices on their website...but on an apartment rating website it said a studio/one bedroom is 1000+.. thats ridiculous! I wonder how correct that is...and if PI's get paid enough to afford it & have money left to survive? I'm researching for next round of PI's in 2013..hmmm.

Hi everyone!

I'm a Fall '13 hopeful for the WDWCP, but I am very interested in leanring about the PI program. I graduate from my undergrad in May of 2013 and ideally would love to get a PI right after graduation, but I know that the chances of getting a PI without having done the CP are like slim to none.

I am very interested in pursuing the Guest Relations PI after I (hopefully!!) complete the CP and I was wondering if anyone could give me information about this role/advice for applying/necessary previous work experience to land the job. Pretty much any info about the Guest Relations department in general would be great!!

Thanks in advance!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter