Fall 2016 planning (continuation of 2016 Free Dining Watch)

Glad to see this thread! I was just on part 3 when I realized it was closed! @black562 mentioned in the last thread that the UOC codes were rolling out. I have to share my experience over the last 2 days with these.

Backstory-
We WANT to stay at POR 10/18/- 10/25 dates are flexible (I know Gartner is there till the 20th so I've been searching for days before and after-even starting on Nov 1 as well)

• RO during general release showed no rooms available online. I called anyway on the first day and was told the same but was informed of a UOC that could be applied later when there was availability he said. He also gave me the code and said it expires 8/31
  • After awhile I was thinking (and I could be wrong here so correct me please) personal UOCs aren't part of a promo like FD and RO general release. There is a different "lot" of rooms so why couldn't it be applied yet? So I called back and was informed by the CM (who kept asking me to repeat the code like he was confused) that the code I had was under my name but not "live" yet so keep trying later to apply it. Something seemed "up" like he wasn't telling me everything but I couldn't get it out of him or figure out what it could be.
  • Today-received the email others are speaking of about the RO discount during my dates as well as the FD dates. These date coincide with the other offers. Of course there is no availability anywhere during combination of dates.
So does anyone have any idea why I would have 2 different UOCs and why I still can't make either of these work?
Doen't this seem strange?

Is anyone else who received a UOC having any luck?

How many adults & children? I'm not seeing POR those dates, but I'm seeing lots of other resorts including CBR, CSR, and the cabins.

ETA: to clarify, I am seeing those dates available WITH a RO discount.

Black can PINS be used for a 1 day reservation if we receive one? We are booked with a package from last year before ticket increases and I don't want to lose that deal if I add a day at the beginning of my reservation. Could I add a room only reservation for 1 day at the beginning of my package and use a pin (if we get one) or late fall discount?
We added a night to our room with last year's ticket prices and didn't lose those prices!

How many adults & children? I'm not seeing POR those dates, but I'm seeing lots of other resorts including CBR, CSR, and the cabins.

ETA: to clarify, I am seeing those dates available WITH a RO discount.
I don't see those dates for POR either. With the UOC it had my dates at first, 11/26-12/3, and POR was available for then, but that's probably too late.

2 adults 1 child

I've been only seeing CBR pirate and CSR jr suite. DH is really set on going to POR so I'm trying to make that happen. Would be willing to do CBR anywhere but pirate. DH is really set on POR and he works so hard for us I'm really trying to make that happen.

I really thought if I got the UOC and I'm traveling within the dates specified I could just apply it to a regular reservation. (I made the reg. reservation the Monday I forgot to mention that- after he told me I had the UOC)

I just don't get it

2 adults 1 child

I've been only seeing CBR pirate and CSR jr suite. DH is really set on going to POR so I'm trying to make that happen. Would be willing to do CBR anywhere but pirate. DH is really set on POR and he works so hard for us I'm really trying to make that happen.

I really thought if I got the UOC and I'm traveling within the dates specified I could just apply it to a regular reservation. (I made the reg. reservation the Monday I forgot to mention that- after he told me I had the UOC)

I just don't get it

POR has two rooms available with RO discount (Royal Standard View and River View) from 10/24-10/31. Would that work?

Wish I could give you mine! I've gotten 2 separate pins this month alone. So weird.

Also you could call and ask if you've got one, I've read instances where people didn't receive them but had them connected to their accounts anyway. Worth a shot!
That is what I am doing now. The guy is so nice. He said he is going to see what he can do.

POR has two rooms available with RO discount (Royal Standard View and River View) from 10/24-10/31. Would that work?

Almost- we have to be home for t Friday 10/28- but I did see that offer- under the UOC the first CM gave me- then the page gets killed. Its weird. I'm trying to play with those dates, thanks so much for ur help!!! :flower1:

Thank you! Did you just add a room only reservation for the day you added?
I don't know exactly how it went down bc I just told my TA that I wanted to add a night so she did. I know we didn't add any more days onto our ticket, but we do have the DP so we are paying for another night for that too .... At least until I find me some free dining ;)

I don't know exactly how it went down bc I just told my TA that I wanted to add a night so she did. I know we didn't add any more days onto our ticket, but we do have the DP so we are paying for another night for that too .... At least until I find me some free dining ;)
You'll find it!! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter