Family Photo Shoot - WDYT??

TexasBee

Mouseketeer
(cross posted to family section)

We are trying to book a family photo shoot during our trip. My TA is booking it, but it is supposed to be at one of 3 resorts: WL, GF or Poly, in that order of preference, depending on photog's availability for the day we want to do it. I am having an *awful* time finding matching or coordinating shirts - none of the 'big' embroidery places (ie, Lands End) can embroider "Disney 08" due to copyright issue, I'm afraid of the quality on the shirts at Zazzle, InkSpot requires a minimum of 6 shirts per design, and Disney Shopping is backordered. (Doesn't help that DH and I are Pooh-sized either.)

SO- my question is - I have Christmas PJs on the way from Gymboree (the black & red plaid.) Would it be horribly inappropriate, if the shoot is at either WL or GF, to do them in the PJs? I would like to use these as our Christmas card shots, and the PJs would present sort of the "Christmas morning" look.

And if yes, too tacky to be considered, can you think of somewhere else I can find matching or coordinating shirts?

If I can't find anything else I will start looking for plain white oxfords, sigh.

We are also having a photoshoot at WL. We were advised to wear solid colors since the photos will be much nicer.

Sorry, but I dont think PJS (even nice ones) are appropriate.

Be sure to book exactly 30 days out. I did and got the exact time I wanted. Enjoy your vacation!

I have to agree with the previous poster. I don't think PJs would be appropriate.

We did a shoot at GF. I also had trouble finding matching shirts for us. Our problem was I could find them for 3 of us but not the 4th member of the family. Then I found polo dresses for DD and I and polos for DH and DS. However when we called we found out that they wouldn't arrive in time (we'd leave the day they would be scheduled to arrive). So on to try to find something else. Finally we found navy shirts for DH and DS and bright pink shirts for DD and I. The pictures turned out beautifully. The colors "popped" with the white of the GF. And the color of the flowers outside almost match our (DD and my) shirts.

Good luck finding something.

Having looked at the holiday pix for GF I can see why y'all say that. Back to the drawing board..... Old Navy seems to have some coordinating sweaters, I am going to go look at those today.

OK, update - Old Navy has pretty red performance fleece pullovers. At least for Mom and Girl. The boys, it seems, are sort of out of luck - they have half zips for Dad but virtually nothing for Boy. HOWEVER, Gap has a brown boy fleece sort of motorcycle jacket thing, so by doing a brown half zip for Dad at ON then the Gap fleece for Boy, it should work. Esp since I found out this AM that we are in fact booked at WL, which would favor a more rustic look.

You know, there seems to be a decent market for family outfits, you'd think someone would jump on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter