Fantasmic opening weekend...

If dining packages, VQ and a dessert buffet work for WoC why would it not for Fantasmic? And for goodness sakes limit grabbing seats it to ONE HOUR before first show.
Amen! That's the reason they implemented the Fastpass reserved viewing protocol many years ago. People used to camp out for hours when it was just a free for all! Post-Covid, they went to only dining packages, no dessert party, and basically no standby.

I think the last version with only dining packages was too extreme, but I do agree that maintaining reservations (i.e. virtual queue, dining packages, dessert party) is the right way to go.

I am excited Fantasmic is coming back, but I will be honest that I also like when the show isn't running. My last two trips Fantasmic was not showing and it was wonderful to enjoy the ROA at night without the crazy crowds for the show (and night cruises on the Mark Twain).

The space? The location for viewing Fantasmic is tiny in comparison to the big open space WoC has.
But they are in MORE control by doing dining packages and VQ then a free for all. I can understand that being the reason for no dessert party but they did do it before.

Didn't they use the dream suit balcony for this at one time for the dessert party? I'd pay $100 for this even without the alcohol that is included in the DCA WoC version.

But they are in MORE control by doing dining packages and VQ then a free for all. I can understand that being the reason for no dessert party but they did do it before.

Didn't they use the dream suit balcony for this at one time for the dessert party? I'd pay $100 for this even without the alcohol that is included in the DCA WoC version.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the old dessert party was to the left of the Pirates entrance by the upper walkway railing when facing the ROA and walking towards Haunted Mansion.

If you hit the 60 day mark and they haven't released the dining packages, my advice, assuming you want to hit at one of the typical package locations anyway, is to book a regular dining reservation when they become available.

The problem is going to be for the first 60 days is that most of the reservations are going already be booked so it will have to be an add on to regular reservations.
Thank you for the tip. Do you have a suggestion of a restaurant we should book? Our 60 day mark is on Wednesday and we weren't planning on booking any sit-down restaurants.

Thank you for the tip. Do you have a suggestion of a restaurant we should book? Our 60 day mark is on Wednesday and we weren't planning on booking any sit-down restaurants.
The two that previously have packages are Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the old dessert party was to the left of the Pirates entrance by the upper walkway railing when facing the ROA and walking towards Haunted Mansion.
I believe this is where it was last. Before the Dream Suite space became the Dream Suite it was the Disneyland Gallery and this is where, if I am remembering correctly, the dessert party was held. Once the space was converted to the Dream Suite it was then moved down by the river front.

I also think something like the pre-dessert parties WDW does would be a good option. We enjoyed the pre-dessert party at WDW for castle fireworks. This would also help with the face that Blue Bayou is already hard to get reservations.

I wish they offered a dessert party option for Fantasmic! DH can't sit on the ground due to an old sports injury, and we have never been able to get a booking for the River Belle Premium package since it sold out almost instantly in the past. Although part of me was almost relived by that since the view was less than ideal (unless you were lucky enough to get a front railing table, then it seemed okay).

I have a theory..

This week is about Pixar fest starting
Next week will be half-way to Halloween

if they are going to make a fantasmic announcement regarding dinning plans, virtual Que, whatever.... I think it will come the week of May 6th.
Good theory. I assume rehearsals and tests are still ongoing. They may want the freedom to to move opening day back if needed.

I hope Disney at leasts announces a "know before you go" for opening weekend. Even if it's saying there won't be advanced booking of dinning plans or whatever. Tomorrow I may 1st!!!

The entire way they're handling not announcing anything about Fantasmic with just a few weeks to go is very Disneyland. It's extremely frustrating, but it's also part of what we all love about visiting there (compared to WDW). :)

I am wondering if the lack of information is because they aren’t sure it will be ready on May 24?

I just know that my hope of a soft opening on May 17 is gone with the Columbia in refurb to get ready for Peter Pan.

I feel like it would be super rare for Disney to give an exact opening date and then change it. If they delay it, I will have to think hard about changing my trip!

I feel like it would be super rare for Disney to give an exact opening date and then change it. If they delay it, I will have to think hard about changing my trip!
I agree. They 100% feel it will be ready by that date but things happen. I wonder if the Fire Marshall or OSHA have to sign off before they can "go live" with the show? These would both be things that would be outside of Disney's control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter