Fantastic upgrade at Aulani....

lablady

Mouseketeer
We just got home after 8 wonderful nights at Aulani....:beach: I will try to do a trip report, but I just had to check in and share our fantastic surprise!

Initially, I had a island view room booked for our trip. This was my husband's first trip to Aulani, so I decided a couple months ago to change our room to a pool view. My rationale was that we haven't had a trip by ourselves in many, many years so I really wanted this one to be special! My DH hates to travel, to the point that we've had serious fights over it, so I really hoped to sway him with a nice view.

Well, when we checked in on the 27th, I was nervous about our room assignment, naturally. I knew that pool view rooms are no higher than the 5th floor. I had requested the highest floor possible....when the CM gave me our keys with room 1656 written on the envelope, I thought that meant the room was on the first floor. I was just starting to be disappointed when he says, "That's a great room...top floor!"

I was just grinning ear to ear after that!!! The room was FREAKIN FANTASTIC! We had gotten upgraded to ocean view, and oh what a view! We overlooked the whole pool area and the lagoon. We spent a lot of time every day on our lanai, enjoying people and ocean gazing, while not being in the midst of the chaos every single hour of the day.

Well, my DH summed it all up on our next-to-last day by saying, "You know that I'll never be able to settle for less than this again, don't you?" :lmao: It would seem that Aulani's upgrade did what all my pleading never could....sold my DH on travel! He's already talking about the next trip! Thank you very much!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

What a wonderful story. I couldn't be happier for you. So glad that you and your DH loved Aulani and that you shared your joy with us! :yay:

That is so great. Tons of travelling pixie dust for you guys!!pixiedust:

Room 1656 has yet to be posted on the "Aulani Villas and Views" thread by "wrld", if you took any photos of the view from your room it would be great to add them to the list!
here is the link to the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389

Sounds like Aulani magic (and a great view) may have your DH convinced to travel. I would love to read a trip report!

That is so great. Tons of travelling pixie dust for you guys!!pixiedust:

Room 1656 has yet to be posted on the "Aulani Villas and Views" thread by "wrld", if you took any photos of the view from your room it would be great to add them to the list!
here is the link to the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389

Sounds like Aulani magic (and a great view) may have your DH convinced to travel. I would love to read a trip report!

I noticed that this room wasn't on the list yet, and I'll definitely post pictures once I get them off my cameras.

I think the beautiful view, along with easy beach access, were some of our favorite things about Aulani. We had a great time snorkeling offsite too. So much so that DH is now excited to take a scuba class together so that we can scuba next time. The fact that he is referencing a "next time" is HUGE! He had basically told me that this was a one time thing before we left for the trip.

Whatever the reason(s) for his conversion....I'll take it!:thumbsup2

With a little bit of info like this, I would've gladly offered our room up to a family in hopes of having an effect on making someone a Disney traveler. I know it can be a hard sell (or traveling at all sometimes), so I truly appreciate the rewards you are reaping. Happy for your success and upgrade!:thumbsup2

Nice upgrade, and that is so rare for DVC stays. And it is even more exciting that your DH has decided that traveling can be fun. Thanks for sharing.

Nice upgrade, and that is so rare for DVC stays. And it is even more exciting that your DH has decided that traveling can be fun. Thanks for sharing.

Our visit wasn't technically a DVC stay, even though we were in a studio on the DVC side of the business. We didn't book with points (we aren't owners), I just booked it like a hotel room. Don't know if that made a difference. :)

Our visit wasn't technically a DVC stay, even though we were in a studio on the DVC side of the business. We didn't book with points (we aren't owners), I just booked it like a hotel room. Don't know if that made a difference. :)

That very well could be the reason for the upgrade. Cash guests are much more likely to get upgraded.

Unless there is an issue with a room or some strange situation, when booking on points, you get what you booked.

Such a wonderful experience though for you and what a great way to get hubby onboard the travel train!!!:cool1:

Lablady...CAN'T WAIT to see your pics!

So HAPPY that you had such an awesome vaca and a wonderful surprise!:cheer2:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Room sounds GORGEOUS!:cool1:

Can't WAIT for our May Aulani trip! COMING SOON!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Aulani has a way of magically making you want to return. Congrats on getting DH to see the light.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter