Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

I didn't enter the queue until a bit after 2:30PM JST which was a huge mistake. Took me around 5 hrs.
I didn't see any availability at all for Fantasy Springs Hotel.

Ended up with a package at DL hotel with early entry to DisneySea on the 6th. This wasn't my first choice but since this was my first experience booking on a major date, it was the best I could do.
Since we aren’t going until mid-June, that helped. I didn’t bother trying to book Fantasy Springs hotel; I just want to get into the land. I did see some Fantasy Springs hotel availability when I booked about 3 hours after opening. I got online about 40 minutes before with little wait. Tried again 30 minutes before, and it was already out to over an hour wait. It was painful, but now it’s done, until I have to book our room only nights🤣

For those that purchased the vacation package, how much was it approximately in USD? Debating on whether to do it or not for a November trip.

Since we aren’t going until mid-June, that helped. I didn’t bother trying to book Fantasy Springs hotel; I just want to get into the land. I did see some Fantasy Springs hotel availability when I booked about 3 hours after opening. I got online about 40 minutes before with little wait. Tried again 30 minutes before, and it was already out to over an hour wait. It was painful, but now it’s done, until I have to book our room only nights🤣

I've never stayed at a hotel on opening day before so it was something I wanted to try. When selecting rooms at Miracosta for the 5th, the site kept giving me errors so I assume those rooms were being booked as I was going which is why I chose DL hotel in the end.

For those that purchased the vacation package, how much was it approximately in USD? Debating on whether to do it or not for a November trip.

My package came out to around 80K JPY for the hotel room (550USD) and 70K JPY per person on top (475 USD). So it would be around 1K for one person and a bit under 500 USD more per person on top of that.

For the same date, the Sheraton would be just under 50K JPY (340 USD) and tickets for two days would be around 120 USD per person.

I usually don't do vacation packages but since the primary purpose of my visit is Fantasy Springs, that's what I'm paying for.

My package came out to around 80K JPY for the hotel room (550USD) and 70K JPY per person on top (475 USD). So it would be around 1K for one person and a bit under 500 USD more per person on top of that.

For the same date, the Sheraton would be just under 50K JPY (340 USD) and tickets for two days would be around 120 USD per person.

I usually don't do vacation packages but since the primary purpose of my visit is Fantasy Springs, that's what I'm paying for.
Thank you for the info. That will help in the decision process.

It’s definitely more expensive. Even an onsite hotel and tickets, even something like DLH or Miracosta, is cheaper. I wanted the attraction passes. When I saw that FS was opening near our visit, I knew I wanted them, especially with the FS pass included. We might just do room only and tickets for our 4th day, but I went ahead and booked a 2 night and 1 night package in case trying to get a hotel room is too difficult. The cancellation policy is pretty good, 21 days out for a full refund.

I have 2 packages booked that include the Fantasy Springs pass. I think they are charging more for that. I don't know if they will still be doing that in November or not.

3 day/2 night Enjoy Attractions:
Miracosta Porto Paradiso Side Superior Room Harbor View (sleeps 3)
3 Adults 167,700 yen/person
The exchange rate is about 150 Yen/$, so $1132/person

2 day/1 night Enjoy Attractions:
MiraCosta Venice Side Superior Room Palazzo Canals View (sleeps 3)
3 Adults 94,500 yen/person
$638/person

I have 2 packages booked that include the Fantasy Springs pass. I think they are charging more for that. I don't know if they will still be doing that in November or not.

3 day/2 night Enjoy Attractions:
Miracosta Porto Paradiso Side Superior Room Harbor View (sleeps 3)
3 Adults 167,700 yen/person
The exchange rate is about 150 Yen/$, so $1132/person

2 day/1 night Enjoy Attractions:
MiraCosta Venice Side Superior Room Palazzo Canals View (sleeps 3)
3 Adults 94,500 yen/person
$638/person

Is there a website you use that helps with this planning? We are going in July and I thought you could only book 4 months before, but then I read this thread and saw that a month of packages was released, and I didn't know about that. So, I went and played on the website, and I guess you can only book for 2 nights for a package, not the three that I need. I don't want to miss the boat on this as we have specific dates we want to go in July and the information is as clear as mud to me.

Is there a website you use that helps with this planning? We are going in July and I thought you could only book 4 months before, but then I read this thread and saw that a month of packages was released, and I didn't know about that. So, I went and played on the website, and I guess you can only book for 2 nights for a package, not the three that I need. I don't want to miss the boat on this as we have specific dates we want to go in July and the information is as clear as mud to me.
The Tokyo Disney website is amazing about updating status of hotel and package releases. I basically check it almost everyday. Also, the TDR Explorer website, YouTube, Facebook, and guide books are excellent.

EDIT: Things changed a little with the opening of Fantasy Springs and the new hotel.

4 months before is the current time for most hotel bookings but right now, Vacation Packages and Fantasy Springs Hotel have separate booking release dates. Fantasy Springs Hotel will return to 4 months before for check in dates starting July 7.

You should consider booking a refundable reservation at another hotel for the time being because getting a Disney hotel reservation for July may be difficult.

4 months before is the current time for most hotel bookings but right now, Vacation Packages and Fantasy Springs Hotel have separate booking release dates. Fantasy Springs Hotel will return to 4 months before for check in dates starting July 7.

You should consider booking a refundable reservation at another hotel for the time being because getting a Disney hotel reservation for July may be difficult.
After booking my packages, I booked some refundable nights at the Hilton just in case. This is for June. I think the poster is looking for vacation packages. Not sure what they will do with July, but they will give plenty of notice via the website.

Hello all! Following this thread as I am starting to plan a Japan trip for late May / early June. It's been interesting learning my way around the Tokyo Disney website, and watching how single rooms go in and out of inventory (aka I cancel a room and refresh and see it become available again). Anyways, I am trying to decide what to do for three park days and most likely 3 nights on property, with 1 night off property. I have a lot of separate bookings to try and puzzle it together. Right now the biggest thing I need to decide is if I want to do Fantasy Springs on June 6th or June 7th. I was able to get a 1-night vacation package at DLH for both the 5th and the 6th, so I need to decide if I'd rather be there for the chaos of opening day or if I want to give them a day to iron out some kinks (as well as learn from 1st day guest experiences) and go on the 7th instead. Luckily I have lots of time to think about it. This is a solo trip and I don't mind dealing with the crazy crowds as I am mostly exited to experience a big opening for the first time.

I have all sorts of one night combinations of room-only bookings on the other days. I'm planning 1 day in each park and 1 day for Fantasy Springs, so I also need to figure out if I want my regular DisneySea day to be before FS opens or after...the benefit of doing it before, is hopefully it will be much quieter. The benefit of doing it after, would be I leave myself the possibility of a second day in FS. Though since my reservations are at DLH, there will no longer be happy entry for DS, so odds are probably not good. I will keep checking to see if Mira Costa opens up for the 6th, as that at least would offer me happy entry. Decisions, decisions.

Hello all! Following this thread as I am starting to plan a Japan trip for late May / early June. It's been interesting learning my way around the Tokyo Disney website, and watching how single rooms go in and out of inventory (aka I cancel a room and refresh and see it become available again). Anyways, I am trying to decide what to do for three park days and most likely 3 nights on property, with 1 night off property. I have a lot of separate bookings to try and puzzle it together. Right now the biggest thing I need to decide is if I want to do Fantasy Springs on June 6th or June 7th. I was able to get a 1-night vacation package at DLH for both the 5th and the 6th, so I need to decide if I'd rather be there for the chaos of opening day or if I want to give them a day to iron out some kinks (as well as learn from 1st day guest experiences) and go on the 7th instead. Luckily I have lots of time to think about it. This is a solo trip and I don't mind dealing with the crazy crowds as I am mostly exited to experience a big opening for the first time.

I have all sorts of one night combinations of room-only bookings on the other days. I'm planning 1 day in each park and 1 day for Fantasy Springs, so I also need to figure out if I want my regular DisneySea day to be before FS opens or after...the benefit of doing it before, is hopefully it will be much quieter. The benefit of doing it after, would be I leave myself the possibility of a second day in FS. Though since my reservations are at DLH, there will no longer be happy entry for DS, so odds are probably not good. I will keep checking to see if Mira Costa opens up for the 6th, as that at least would offer me happy entry. Decisions, decisions.
I would do 2 days at DS with FS. That gives you a second opportunity to do all the new attractions just in case something is down or the lines are so long you can't fit all of them in one day. DLH includes Happy Entry at both parks. https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/hotel/topics/info/happy_entry.html

I would do 2 days at DS with FS. That gives you a second opportunity to do all the new attractions just in case something is down or the lines are so long you can't fit all of them in one day. DLH includes Happy Entry at both parks. https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/hotel/topics/info/happy_entry.html
It was recently announced that after June 6th, Disneyland Hotel and Ambassador do not get Happy Entry for Disneysea. It was posted on the Japanese version of the site:

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/hotel/topics/info/happy_entry.html#dates

I'm planning to do opening day and another day or two at DisneySea before opening day. I don't want to stress out about getting into Fantasy Springs after the fact. But I'm likely going to be back during Halloween and possibly also summer or Christmas so I'll have more opportunities to visit Fantasy Springs.

From my experience with World of Frozen's opening in Hong Kong, the weekend after opening day actually had longer lines than opening day and hotel prices suggest a similar thing may happen for Fantasy Springs.

That’s a good point about something being down, I am definitely leaning towards giving myself the DS day after my FS day. I’m worried the regular lines in DS will be unbearable on the 7th but may just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best!

It was recently announced that after June 6th, Disneyland Hotel and Ambassador do not get Happy Entry for Disneysea. It was posted on the Japanese version of the site:

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/hotel/topics/info/happy_entry.html#dates
Exactly, I am so sad! I will keep trying to get Mira Costa for the 6th as with early entry I imagine I’d have a much better chance of getting into FS on the 7th.

I'm planning to do opening day and another day or two at DisneySea before opening day. I don't want to stress out about getting into Fantasy Springs after the fact. But I'm likely going to be back during Halloween and possibly also summer or Christmas so I'll have more opportunities to visit Fantasy Springs.

From my experience with World of Frozen's opening in Hong Kong, the weekend after opening day actually had longer lines than opening day and hotel prices suggest a similar thing may happen for Fantasy Springs.
That is definitely the smart option! That is good to know about HK, everything I’m reading about the parks sounds like as long as you avoid the weekends it’s manageable. So I’m glad opening is during the week! I keep thinking, do I add another half day, but I need to see the rest of Japan too :rotfl:

From my experience at opening day at SDL, I can also confirm that Disney seem to keep the crowd levels slightly lower for the first day. There were definitely longer waits on day 2 and 3. If you've managed to score tickets for opening day, I would definitely stick with that!

From my experience at opening day at SDL, I can also confirm that Disney seem to keep the crowd levels slightly lower for the first day. There were definitely longer waits on day 2 and 3. If you've managed to score tickets for opening day, I would definitely stick with that!
Okay, I'm sold!!! Plus being able to say I was there for actual opening day...so cool! If these packages weren't so dang expensive I'd keep both for the 1-day tickets, but phew, even a one night package costs more than my hotels for the rest of the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter