Fantasyland Theater

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
after reading another post regarding the snow white show, I started thinking of all the shows I have seen on that theater over the years and just how amazed Ive been at the productions...so what I thought was, we could reminisce about what our favorite show at DL has been throughout the years...my favorite show to date has been Hunchback of Notre Dame...and Im not counting Aladdin show at the Hyperion in CA because well we all know thats amazing but Im talking more about the Fantasyland Theater :cloud9:

Wasn't the Hunchback show held over at the Festival of Fools arena at Big Thunder Ranch, not Fantasyland Theater? I loved Animazement.

iceskatejen said:
Wasn't the Hunchback show held over at the Festival of Fools arena at Big Thunder Ranch, not Fantasyland Theater? I loved Animazement.

yeah it was...I wasnt saying Hunchback was at the Fantasyland theater...I was just saying its my favorite alltime show in DL...sorry for the confusion;)

Way Back when Fantasyland was themed with The Disney afternoon " when cartoons really existed lol " ~ They had a cool show featuring the cartoon characters from the disney afternoon, mostly talespin characters i believe. its the same place they hosted the Pocahontas show when they had it.

i wish they kept the themes for those rides....it was better than nothing, autopia used to be bigger and longer, when it was chip and dales go karts, i dont even think it WAS autopia, i could be wrong, it was a completely different ride with different tracks i think. now its unsued.

The Boats were based off of Gummi bears with characters places all around the walls and islands and stuff, it was great. And there were ALWAYS characters walking around for autographs, now whenever i go, i hardly see any, maybe like 80% less then in the early 90's.

Ahhh memories. Those were my best times at disney.

The only show I ever saw at The Fantasyland Theatre was for "Pocahontas." It was incredible and I can still remember it very vividly. I remember seeing the Willow Tree's face coming alive out of nowhere, and the dancing was great too.

...Joe...

They've had some good shows over the years, but my favorite was One Man's Dream that started off in black & white - stage, costumes, etc., and then suddenly everything was in color. It only lasted one season, which I thought was a shame since it was so good. I think this was before they put on Beauty & the Beast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter