Fastpass booking euphoria...?

xoSonya

First Disney Trip Ever May 2018!
Long time lurker, first time poster and planning first visit ever to Disney World.

Today, my 60 day FP window opened. My DreamsUnlimited Travel Agent would've booked them for me, but...no way. I am too much of a control freak.

Anyway, did anyone else feel a competitive rush sweep over them as they opened their MDE app to prepare for the 7/6 am window opening? I can't properly describe it. I was anxious, exhilarated, but extremely focused.

I had my schedule in front of me. The clock struck 6am (I'm on CST) and I was ready to go. FOP for 4 people at 2:30--- yes, got it! FEA---yup, got that, too. It went on and on and with every confirmation. Clicking back and forth from Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom. Epcot to Hollywood Studios. . I was on a roll. I was getting happier and "higher". After I had made all 18 FPs I squealed with joy. I literally jumped up and down. I had gotten everything I wanted at the times I wanted. It was fantastic ---but, then....

I started second guessing myself. It seemed too easy. Maybe I had selected the wrong attractions or the wrong times for those attractions. I went from euphoria to full-blown panic mode.

Thank goodness for my husband. He made me step away from the computer. He took my phone. We went to eat and I learned to Let it Go.

I'm very excited that I am officially that much closer to my Disney World Vacation.

Good news is you still have 60 days to tweak those times, and rearrange your FP to your heart's content! Park hours will change, and you can fine tune everything more.

This happened to me last time when we made ours at first. It was exhilarating, but also scary because what if something changes? When i was finished, for the next 50ish days, i went in and tweaked. Several times, i changed my entire day plan via touringplans and still got all the FP times i wanted switched around. When the park hours change, and they WILL, you often have to tweak things, to make sure you can get to your meals and shows on time. Dont worry, you'll have plenty of reasons to go over them again and decide if the times fit perfectly, and if they dont theres a great chance that you will be able to hunt for the one you want and get that feeling all over again!

Last year I was staying 14 days onsite, and could get all the FP's in one sitting. Downside was FP opened at 4am here in Seattle! I was groggy, but very happy I got most of what I wanted.

:hyper: Oh yeah I pace around the computer for fifteen minutes before go time. You got the site up ready to go. You got your list in front of you. After all the planning, FP selection is like the last milestone...two more months to go :woohoo:

Last edited:
Good news is you still have 60 days to tweak those times, and rearrange your FP to your heart's content! Park hours will change, and you can fine tune everything more.

Exactly! I have been tweaking mine the past couple of weeks and park hours just changed for a couple of my days which is making my AK day so much easier. I think it is the last big pressure of planning a trip too so it is a relief when done. Now I'm just looking forward to the trip.

I was anxious, exhilarated, but extremely focused.
Ha ha this is so me! Not only with FP but for ADR and because we are DVC -- booking the room at the 11 month mark exactly at 8am. So much planning goes into it that there is such a build up of emotions when it comes time. For our ADR date i had to get Ohana -- I could not sleep at all that night because i was afraid i was going to over sleep, but 6am came -- I grabbed ohana -- and then i wasn't positive what day we were going to do it so i grabbed 2 other ohana reservations. Then was on to BOG just for lunch --- those were the only possible hard ones to get. I realized that i went a little over board with getting too many dining reservations, but it helped to narrow down our plans when i could think more clearly and when the park hours were finally released we cancelled what we didn't need. There is so much pressure for those of us that do the planning -- sometimes i think the rest of my family doesn't know what it all entails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter