Fastpass cancelling ADR?

That is strange indeed.
What type and version of the app?
Figured it out!

Here's the screen shot of me doing the same thing
iOS version of the MDE app version 4.8 (dated 8/22/17)
f20cbfb2-8056-458f-824a-fca59d2b0953.png

Last edited:
Oh, and have you tried doing the same thing on the website instead? What messages, if any, do you get there?
I haven't tried it on the website. But I now know that it's just a glitch and won't affect my ADRs. So for anyone reading this who is worried that their ADR will be cancelled by a fastpass reservation, it won't!

I haven't tried it on the website. But I now know that it's just a glitch and won't affect my ADRs. So for anyone reading this who is worried that their ADR will be cancelled by a fastpass reservation, it won't!
Yeah, it's just a quirk of some sort. No idea why it's trying to call the dining reservation a FP.

Yeah, it's just a quirk of some sort. No idea why it's trying to call the dining reservation a FP.
Me neither! It really freaked me out because I thought I would need to cancel all of my ADRs for FP!! I'm not sure what version of the app I'm using. My phone died lol.

Maybe it has to do with 'Ohana not being in a park and the time of the reservation? In the first post they listed a res at BOG for 10:25am but the screenshot that is uploaded shows an 'Ohana res at 8:25am. The system might know that she will most likely not make a 9am FP with an ADR at 8:25am outside the park. @AngiTN - the one you did has an ADR in the same park as your FP.

Or it could just be a glitch!

So it must be a glitch - I just tried it and was able to book a res outside of a park and then a FP for the same time and it only told me was that it conflicted.

ETA: Proof read my crazy writing. :)

Last edited:
That is strange indeed.
What type and version of the app?

Here's the screen shot of me doing the same thing
iOS version of the MDE app version 4.8 (dated 8/22/17)
f20cbfb2-8056-458f-824a-fca59d2b0953.png

This is exactly what I was seeing whenever I was moving FP around times close to ADRs. It's not going to cancel anything, it's just a tool to remind you of other things you have booked to help you plan your fastpass timing.

Maybe it has to do with 'Ohana not being in a park and the time of the reservation? In the first post they listed a res at BOG for 10:25am but the screenshot that is uploaded shows an 'Ohana res at 8:25am. The system might know that she will most likely not make a 9am FP with an ADR at 8:25am outside the park. @AngiTN - the one you did has an ADR in the same park as your FP.

Or it could just be a glitch!
Lol I wasn't fibbing about the BOG... I also posted that I went ahead and booked that other FP that was supposedly conflicting with my BOG ADR. I posted the O'hana because it was the first FP I selected for a screenshot...
I have no idea why my app is doing this, but it seems to be an uncommon problem. Probably not much of a problem to those who already know the FP won't cancel the ADR, but a pretty big one for a newbie like me who thought it would cancel all my reservations! :)

Are you running an old version of MDE? Waaay back, MDE would not let you book a FP within 2 hours of an ADR. I remember having a heck of a time when FP+ started because we had the deluxe dining plan and had two ADRs every day and no FP could start or end within 2 hours of the ADR time!

Are you running an old version of MDE? Waaay back, MDE would not let you book a FP within 2 hours of an ADR. I remember having a heck of a time when FP+ started because we had the deluxe dining plan and had two ADRs every day and no FP could start or end within 2 hours of the ADR time!
I should have a newer version of MDE! This is our first trip, so I just downloaded it. But it sounds like it's giving me the same notification that it would have given on the old app! So strange!

Thank goodness I read this post yesterday! Just used MDE for the first time to make FP+ reservations and got the same error message - that our dining experience would be replaced. Love the knowledge on these boards!

Anyone getting this message want to share what type of phone you are using?
It may be the way different versions of the app are written

Thank goodness I read this post yesterday! Just used MDE for the first time to make FP+ reservations and got the same error message - that our dining experience would be replaced. Love the knowledge on these boards!
Yay! So glad it could help! I knew I couldn't be the only one it was happening to lol.
Anyone getting this message want to share what type of phone you are using?
It may be the way different versions of the app are written
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S7.

MDE does that to me frequently. If the ADR is even vaguely in the same time frame as a FP+, it gives that message, but I've yet to actually have it cancel on me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter