FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this may be the dumbest question but I just want to make sure I understand - I keep reading about constantly refreshing - that basically just means going into the app and seeing what else is available, right? So if I have, let's say, my 4th FP selected, I just hitting modify and then search to see if something else that I would rather have is available? And you just do this constantly to try to grab something you want. Right?

You would modify it to a different FP and use that FP (or cancel and add another). If you are at MK or are looking at booking something the same tier as the ride you missed that's essentially the same as adding a 4th. It really only becomes an issue if that FP was a tier 2 ride and you're wanting to add a tier 1 ride as the system will require you to complete another tier 2 ride prior to adding the new tier 1.

I just hitting modify and then search to see if something else that I would rather have is available?
Yes. Keep selecting between times that are close to the actual time and see what pops up.

If anything pops up that is earlier than your booked time slot, grab it, Confirm, and start the Modifying again if necessary.

Just wanted to confirm what many others are saying. My FP window opened today, and FOP was not available until the 4th day into the trip and only from early afternoon on. The first three days were gone. Later in our trip 6 days + it was wide open.

I have a question for the experts. How hard/inconvenient is it to get into the Rivers of Light show without FP? My party won't do the River Rapids ride or Everest, so I am not worried about those FPs. So we have our FOP and the Safari ride. I am torn between booking the Lion King show, in the AM so we can get a 4th FP in the afternoon after FOP. But I know we all want to see the Rivers of Light show, so wasn't sure about the best way to go?
We attended the late show and you did not need a fast pass at all.... I think the early show is more booked, but I was told you dont need a FP at all.. there are FP entrances and non FP entrances. Hope that helps... maybe someone else has more experience and can chime in.

Newbie here planning first trip. Thanks to all who contribute - there is so much to learn!

We are staying at B resort for the later part of our trip, and off site earlier- visiting the parks before we check in at the B. It wasn’t clear to me from these boards if I would be able to make fast passes on the days before we are checked in at the B. This morning was 60 days before check in and i logged in and was able to make FPs for 60-1 and 60-3. Not able to get SDMT or FOP but not surprised about that.

So maybe I misunderstood, or maybe these FPS will get cancelled, but for now I do have FPs using the 60day window for dates prior to checkin. Does that sound right?

Suggested Priorities By Park

These rankings are meant to be an objective list of which FP selections have the potential to save the most guests the most time under most conditions. These recommendations are the same at any time of year and in all crowd conditions. They do not account for any guest’s personal preferences.

Ranking System

A - Using FP here will usually save the most time as compared to the attraction's average standby wait.
B - Using FP here will usually save some time as compared to the attraction's average standby wait.
C - Using FP here will usually save little time as compared to the attraction's average standby wait.

Attractions listed within the same priority class are in alphabetical order and do not indicate priority within the class.

Tiering and show FP types are explained below the list.

FastPass+ Attraction List With Suggested Priorities

MAGIC KINGDOM (25 Attractions)

A - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
A - Peter Pan's Flight
A - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
A - Space Mountain
A - Splash Mountain
B - Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
B - Enchanted Tales With Belle
B - Haunted Mansion
B - Jungle Cruise
B - Meet Ariel at her Grotto
B - Meet Cinderella and a Guest at Princess Fairytale Hall
B - Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
B - Meet Rapunzel and a Guest at Princess Fairytale Hall
B - Pirates of the Caribbean
B - The Barnstormer
B - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
B - Tomorrowland Speedway
B - Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
C - Dumbo the Flying Elephant
C - it's a small world
C - Mad Tea Party
C - Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
C - Mickey's PhilharMagic
C - Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
C - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

EPCOT (12 Attractions) Tiering

Tier 1/Group 1 (select no more than one)
A - Frozen Ever After
A - Soarin' Around the World
A - Test Track (Single Rider also available)
C - IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (Reserved Area @ World Showcase Plaza)

Tier 2/Group 2 (select up to three)
B - Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
B - Mission: Space (applies to either Orange or Green)
B - Spaceship Earth
B - Turtle Talk With Crush
C - Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
C - Journey Into Imagination With Figment
C - Living with the Land
C - The Seas with Nemo & Friends

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (11 Attractions) Tiering

A - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Single Rider also available)
A
- Toy Story Midway Mania (FP unavailable from 4/9 - ~6/30)
C - Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage (Reserved Area)
C - Fantasmic! (Reserved Area @ left-front section)

A - Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
B - For the First Time in Forever: A "Frozen" Sing-Along Celebration (Separate Access)
B - Star Tours
C - Disney Junior - Live on Stage (Reserved Area @ center-front section, but poor viewing)
C - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (Separate Access)
C - Muppet*Vision 3D
C - Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Separate Access)

Upcoming Attractions:
Alien Swirling Saucers (opens June 30, Tier 1 status unconfirmed, priority unknown)
Slinky Dog Dash (opens June 30, Tier 1 status unconfirmed, priority unknown)

ANIMAL KINGDOM (13 Attractions) Tiering

A - Avatar Flight of Passage
A - Na'vi River Journey

A - Expedition Everest (Single Rider also available)
A
- Kali River Rapids
A - Kilimanjaro Safaris
A - Rivers Of Light (Reserved Area)
B - DINOSAUR
B - Festival of the Lion King (Separate Access)
B - Finding Nemo (Separate Access)
B - Primeval Whirl
C - It's Tough to be a Bug
C - Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
C - UP! A Great Bird Adventure

Parks With FP Tiering

In Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom, FP attractions are divided into two groups, also known as tiers. Guests are able to make up to one selection from Group 1, and up to two selections from Group 2. Alternatively, guests can also make all three selections from Group 2 if desired.

A second Group 1 attraction in the same park can be scheduled only as a 4th FP or beyond. In other words, scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day in a tiered park is not a shortcut to getting a second Group 1 FP in the same park faster.

Guests participating in the FP+ Pilot Program (additional fee and room requirements apply) are not subject to these tiering limitations for their 3 additional FPs only. Note that these additional FPs can only be scheduled by calling Disney, not by using MDX. Tiering rules still apply to the already-included 3 FPs for any WDW guest.

Attractions With Scheduled Times (Shows)

Reserved Area - Indicates an exclusive section for use by guests with FP. This type of FP has moderate value in terms of saving time but does secure preferred viewing.
The “worth” of this type of FP is highly subjective.

Separate Access - Indicates guests with FP are allowed into the general show area shortly before or at the same time (via a separate queue) as standby guests. This type of access has little value in terms of saving time or securing preferred viewing.
Will these tiers be updated with the new Toy Story Land info?

Once independently confirmed, yes. So far everything I’ve found regarding this new info points back to a single source.
Awesome. That’s why I love it here so much. Thank you!

Can you also point me to the confirmed height requirements information on disboards

This question seems to be answered in the opening set of posts; however, I've seen conflicting information around the forums and even in this thread.

If I'm staying on site for the duration of my ticket, can I book ALL my fast passes at 60 days out from the first day of the stay, or do I have to book them rolling day by day. For example, if 60 days from today is the Monday of day one of my stay and I'm staying on site Monday thru Friday, can I book my Friday fast passes today too, or can I only book Monday...and then tomorrow Tuesday's, and so on?

I know this is a very basic question; I just want to be sure since I've seen conflicting information.

Thanks,

This question seems to be answered in the opening set of posts; however, I've seen conflicting information around the forums and even in this thread.

If I'm staying on site for the duration of my ticket, can I book ALL my fast passes at 60 days out from the first day of the stay, or do I have to book them rolling day by day. For example, if 60 days from today is the Monday of day one of my stay and I'm staying on site Monday thru Friday, can I book my Friday fast passes today too, or can I only book Monday...and then tomorrow Tuesday's, and so on?

I know this is a very basic question; I just want to be sure since I've seen conflicting information.

Thanks,

You'll be able to book FPs for every day of your trip once you are 60 days out from the first day of your stay.

can I book ALL my fast passes at 60 days out from the first day of the stay,
Yes.

Just disregard “rolling” as it applies to the booking window AFTER you finish booking for your complete stay. It’s what onsite to offsite Split Stay guests use to book for offsite park days.

Can I fast pass the same attraction as long as there are different windows?

No, not for the same day. Once you've used up 3, you can repeat attractions as a 4th, 5th, etc FP, but can't pre-book the same attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter