FastPass Policy - For Resort Guests Only

CIA

El Presidente
If Disney were to make a change that only allowed those staying on Disney property to take advantage of the FastPass system, would you be on board with it?

While we always stay on property, and try to utilize FP to our utmost, I would not like to see it's use restricted like this. Resort guests already have the benefit of EMH. Disney's fastpass system is much fairer to ALL park guests, compared to Universal, where you have to buy it. JMHO

It would be nice, but I think so few understand the current policy, doubt a change would make a difference. I often wonder why all those people in the standby line do not get FP's.

Gosh, how I wish they would...you would see Fastpass disappear faster than your last paycheck. :woohoo:

If Disney were to make a change that only allowed those staying on Disney property to take advantage of the FastPass system, would you be on board with it?

No- I am an annual passholder, and it's 50/50 staying onsite vs. offsite for me. I don't think it would be a good decision

It would be nice, but I think so few understand the current policy, doubt a change would make a difference. I often wonder why all those people in the standby line do not get FP's.

I prefer to use FP, but not everybody is in a hurry. Believe it or not, some people enjoy standing in line and talking. :scared1: LOL

I'd like it since we always stay on site pretty much. I can see how it wouldn't be popular for a lot of people though.

Gosh, how I wish they would...you would see Fastpass disappear faster than your last paycheck. :woohoo:

I don't understand this comment - why would they disappear?

I love fastpass and always stay onsite, so this change wouldn't adversely effect me. I never feel guilty walking pass people waiting in the standby line at Disney. They made their choices and I made my choice to use a fastpass. On our only trip to Universal, we stayed onsite for the FOTL pass. I did feel guilty when we went past the same people to ride Men in Black three times in a row.

I'ld be favor of more perks for staying onsite, but I'm not sure about this one. When we were at Disneyland Paris, we got an extra fastpass per day to use at any time at any fastpass attraction. It was a nice perk, but I don't think it would work at WDW because of the large number onsite guests.

No. I think it's too late to go back and make a policy change like that without pissing a lot of people off. It might have been a nice idea when they first implemented fast pass but it's too late now.
There are so many perks to staying onsite that they don't need to tweak the fastpass system. This is pretty much what EMH is for.

No. I think it's too late to go back and make a policy change like that without pissing a lot of people off. It might have been a nice idea when they first implemented fast pass but it's too late now.
There are so many perks to staying onsite that they don't need to tweak the fastpass system. This is pretty much what EMH is for.

People may get upset but they will still come to Disney.

EMH is a joke, IMO. Late hours are still incredibly crowded! And morning hours are only 1 extra hour. If they made it 2 extra morning hours, it might be worth something.

Disney still prefers happy guests. Happy guests spend more money once they're in the park than unhappy guests. I don't think it would be worth the number of guest service complaints they'd be dealing with. Disney has made staying onsite very attractive to visitors, they aren't so desperate to get people into their hotels that they need to do something that would impact their other guests negativly.

I don't think they should not let the other people get them but maybe have it where the resort guess can get the next in an hour instead of the 2 hour wait
or whatever is the half time of the others

I would not like that. As our family grows-it is becoming more expensive to stay on-site and have a decent amount of room. Nice to have a perk anyone can use.

What I'd like to see, would be for each quest staying at a Disney Resort, to receive a free FP in their check-in package. Just one per quest, it wouldn't cost Disney anything, but would be a nice perk for staying at Disney.

I grew up near Disneyland, as in less than 10 minutes' drive away. If they had had the Fast Pass system then and I hadn't been able to use it, I would have been extremely annoyed and likely would have stopped going often. Instead, they got my annual pass money, frequent purchases during visits and my spending money in the bars around the Disneyland Hotel (this was pre-Downtown Disney).

What I'd like to see, would be for each quest staying at a Disney Resort, to receive a free FP in their check-in package. Just one per quest, it wouldn't cost Disney anything, but would be a nice perk for staying at Disney.

Maybe a Golden FP

I just posted this on another thread, but I think it would work and is a GREAT idea...

I've suggested this before... I'd try to in some way do what Universal does for guests staying on-site - the alternate entrance. I realize Disney cannot do exactly what Universal does w/ the amount of resorts they have compared to the amount Universal has, but they could possibly break it up, like they do EMHs. It could be something like "on Mondays, Value resort guests can use those lanes in all 4 parks", then Tuesdays would be Moderate resort guests, Wednesdays Deluxe resorts guests, Thursdays DVC resort guests... something like that. Where all 4 parks are participating, and each category of resorts gets 2 days a week possibly. This could just be the fastpass lane. I don't think it would tie up the fast pass lanes too much, because it would be spread across the 4 parks, and only 1 category of resort guests are using it each day. So it's not like ALL the value guests will say "we have to go to MK today because it's our day there for the fastpass lane"... they could go to any park. The cm's are already there working the fastpass lane, checking fastpass times and dates. They'd simply have to check your room key too. What a GREAT perk for staying on-site. We LOVE Universal for this.

I think it would cause alot of hostility among guests. It would be different if it was always resort guests only but to take it away from a large segment who have had it for 10 years would be rough, especially those who are local. Perhaps some kind of bonus fastpasses for resort guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter