Fastpass return or replacement?

But have you gone this July? They raised capacity 3x for July park passes before my trip and one time after I got back. You can’t compare your last few trips with reduced capacity vs. now. And right now there is nothing else to go do if you choose not to wait in line.

I was there in July and honestly, we had great luck on our two MK days for the rides we did. We skipped SDMT and BTMRR but didn’t wait more than 30 minutes for any of the other rides we did. The exception was HM but it was having issues and think that is why it ended up at 40.

In addition, it doesn't have to ever happen to have an impact. What Disney knows is they are having a difficult time predicting the future. COVID is a risk that brings a wide range of outcomes they have to consider as possible, not just their best guess. I never have had a fire nor expect a fire, but I bought a fire extinguisher because it is a realistic threat in the kitchen.

That being said, I wouldn't expect it to impact roll out of Fastpass, but if it did, my guess is they would slow down, not speed up.

With the rumors of Disney World being at full capacity it honestly only makes sense. We have a trip coming up in 2 weeks and we are nervous bc we have a feeling this year will be so different. I think fast pass would be more efficient bc having 2 hour waits for 3 year olds just doesn't make any sense. Kinda sucks out the magic. I also don't understand why dining plans were taken away bc I need them back ASAP. I need Disney to get on the ball lol

I was there in July and honestly, we had great luck on our two MK days for the rides we did. We skipped SDMT and BTMRR but didn’t wait more than 30 minutes for any of the other rides we did. The exception was HM but it was having issues and think that is why it ended up at 40.
I'm sorry what do all of your abbreviations mean?

The stars are kind of aligning for today or tomorrow to be a great day to release FP news if possible. It is around the right timeframe of 60 days before 50th. The mask news will obscure any blowback. It will give hope to those dismayed by the mask and are looking for something good. The only thing that is unknown is the state of the new system.

🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞

FYI, this is nothing more than a guess.

Last edited:
The stars are kind of aligning for today or tomorrow to be a great day to release FP news if possible. It is around the right timeframe of 60 days before 50th. The mask news will obscure any blowback. It will give hope to those dismayed by the mask and are looking for something good. The only thing that is unknown is the state of the new system.

🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞
Interesting.... So instead of arguing about the new mask mandate, people will be talking about the new paid FP+ system... :rockband:

🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞

FYI, this is nothing more than a guess.

A guess, but honestly, IMO... I think a reasonable one. It really does make sense from a PR standpoint... UNLESS it's going to a new fully paid system that's going to create a lot of negative backlash. I think if something is released tomorrow, it'll just be a reinstatement of the old system, or something very similar to it, perhaps with a couple/few free FP+ with the option to pay to add on more.

Do we think they’ll really announce any return of FP+ at least 60 days out? I’ve been wondering that. My trip is less than 60 days out, and I don’t care if they’re present or not. I just wonder if I’ll suddenly have to scramble to pick up FPs for the trip.

Do we think they’ll really announce any return of FP+ at least 60 days out? I’ve been wondering that. My trip is less than 60 days out, and I don’t care if they’re present or not. I just wonder if I’ll suddenly have to scramble to pick up FPs for the trip.
My guess was always that they would announce it a handful of days before people could start making reservations. So if they want it launched by October 1, that would be an August 1 start date for 60 days out. I think today or tomorrow would be a prime time to announce!

all speculation of course!

No clue. Since they have not announced if it is a new system and how that system would work, it is difficult to predict.

My guess was always that they would announce it a handful of days before people could start making reservations. So if they want it launched by October 1, that would be an August 1 start date for 60 days out. I think today or tomorrow would be a prime time to announce!

all speculation of course!
Are we all thinking it will still be 60 days? I had been hoping for 30 days so they could keep dining at 60 (but I also know a lot of people have been clamoring for dining to return to 180)

Can anyone remember how FP+ was rolled out when Disney transitioned from legacy FP to FP+? Was there a period of overlap between the two for a limited time. Or a period where guests staying at select resorts could do FP+ while day guests still did legacy FP? It's been so long since the transition that I don't remember how it was handled. Does anyone think that a rollout of the new system might be done in waves until Disney is confident that the load can be handled under real life situations?

Can anyone remember how FP+ was rolled out when Disney transitioned from legacy FP to FP+? Was there a period of overlap between the two for a limited time. Or a period where guests staying at select resorts could do FP+ while day guests still did legacy FP? It's been so long since the transition that I don't remember how it was handled. Does anyone think that a rollout of the new system might be done in waves until Disney is confident that the load can be handled under real life situations?

There was a period of trial and overlap. We were selected to try FP+ on one trip and were sent separate cards to use for tapping in (not park ticket/magicband). Paper fastpass was still available and we were able to use both.

That’s a good question, I can’t recall at all. Though I do clearly remember my first trip with paper Fastpass. I was 15. It was incredible 🤣

Are we all thinking it will still be 60 days? I had been hoping for 30 days so they could keep dining at 60 (but I also know a lot of people have been clamoring for dining to return to 180)
What if advanced booking is no longer a thing?

That’s a good question, I can’t recall at all. Though I do clearly remember my first trip with paper Fastpass. I was 15. It was incredible 🤣

I remember my trip to Universal when I was probably 16. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and my parents let me and my sister, who was 14, go into the parks on our own. Obviously the hotel reservations came with unlimited express pass. We rode the Men in Black ride probably 10 times in a row. That, combined with the fact that you could hear music under the water at the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel, made that one of the best trips ever.

Only now do I realize the ungodly amount of money that trip cost my parents!

But I digress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter