favorite apple?

jalapeno_pretzel

DIS Veteran
I saw a headline today that Gala apples passed Red Delicious as the USA's favorite apple. What is your favorite type of apple?

I like Gala, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, and Fuji the best probably. I never get Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, or Granny Smith.

Sometimes in the fall I like to get several different kinds, slice them all up at once, and compare the flavors. Kind of like a wine tasting, but for apples.

Pink Lady! By far my favorite! I also like Granny Smith and MacIntosh. I don't like Red Delicious of Golden Delicious

My favorite is Honeycrisp (so good), then I'd pick either Gala or Fuji, and maybe Pink Lady. I won't eat the delicious apples. They are too mushy for me. I used to eat Granny Smith, but haven't in years.

Fuji, Honeycrisp or Gala. I like all apples, even Delicious if they are nice and fresh and juicy, not if they're woody, yuck.

I saw a headline today that Gala apples passed Red Delicious as the USA's favorite apple. What is your favorite type of apple?

I like Gala, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, and Fuji the best probably. I never get Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, or Granny Smith.

Sometimes in the fall I like to get several different kinds, slice them all up at once, and compare the flavors. Kind of like a wine tasting, but for apples.
For eating out of hand? The best are Spartan or Macintosh, right out of the BC orchards in season - early fall. Both of them are heritage apples; not hybrids. For pies I use a combination of Golden Delicious and Granny Smith for texture and flavor. Does anybody actually like Red Delicious? I saw an article on how they are the most common apples served because they are very easy to transport and can be stored forever but taste-wise, the thick skin is often bitter and they can be very dry and mealy. :crazy2:

Last edited:
Love Red Delicious or Gala mostly for eating outright, but really not too picky except don't like Golden Delicious or tart apples. I do not eat 'any' mealy apple no matter the variety - must be crisp and juicy. For cooking, prefer Granny Smith.

I enjoy many different varieties including Gala, Fuji, Empire, Macoun, and Cortland. I like red delicious too, as long as they’re not overripe and mushy.

Granny Smiths are my fav all-purpose apple. Cooks nicely and can be eaten out of hand.

Another vote for Honeycrisp here. Also like Pink Lady, Fuji, and good old Macintosh.

My favorite is Golden Delicious. I can’t stand Ref Delicious. Like someone said before, the skin tastes bitter to me.

Opal is my favorite but I've only found them seasonally in Sprouts. If we can't get them we usually get Gala.

I like Golden Delicious but only when we get them straight from the orchard in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter