Favorite counter service in DCA?

swankybeth

<font color=teal>Loves bubble tea!<br><font color=
We're trying to plan our days, and it seems that we'll end up eating counter service for lunch at DCA on our first park day. Any recommendations? We're looking for something relatively healthy, but other than that we eat everything! :teeth:

There are some counter restaurants by the Fisherman's Warf area. You can get salads at the sourdough place. There is also a mexican and chinese. The counter restaurants aren't the best at DCA. They do have a McDonald's back by Mulholland Madness. The rest are mostly hot dogs and corn dogs.

Corn Dog Castle on Paradise Pier - Hands Down!!! :earboy2:

Not exactly healthy in any way, but sooooooooooooo good!! :teeth:

I'll vote for Taste Pilot's Grill - burger, onion rings, and a beer! Oh wait, you said "healthy". Nevermind.

jlmarr said:
I'll vote for Taste Pilot's Grill - burger, onion rings, and a beer! Oh wait, you said "healthy". Nevermind.

I'll second that...I like the popcorn chicken salad, or whatever it's called. Mix the ranch dressing with barbecue sauce... :)

I also like the sourdough place too...the veggie chili is quite good.

I do have to say that the hot link corndogs are yummy too... :)

Pacific Wharf Cafe - (the sourdough bread bowl place) is my favorite - It has Boudin Bakery sourdough bread bowls filled with yummy soups and salads, as well as sandwiches and desserts. For a healthy meal (or as healthy as you can be at DL) I enjoy the Chicken and Apple Salad, but I also LOVE the Broccoli and Cheese soup.

There is a Mexican food place as well as a Chinese food place nearby, although I haven't seen the Chinese place open in months.

Taste Pilots Grill does have a very good grilled chicken sandwich. Also their condiment bar has lots of fresh Romaine lettuce and tomato slices. All the counter service places that serve fries will substitute carrots instead. Leaves plenty of leftover calories for deep fried churros'!!

I second the motion about Corn Dog Castle. They have a great spicy polish or hot link that is very good.

supercarrie said:
Pacific Wharf Cafe - (the sourdough bread bowl place) is my favorite - It has Boudin Bakery sourdough bread bowls filled with yummy soups and salads
My family loves the vegetarian chilli here.

I would just hop over to White Water Snacks at the GCH, it's just steps away from the hotel entrance to the park. I LOVE their fruit platter, veggies and dip and chips and salsa. They also have green salads and sandwiches and such. My oldest son loves the chili dog there :earboy2:

I love Taste Pilot's Grill. However, I'd sneak out of DCA and go to White Water Snacks at tHe Grand Californian Hotel. Great choices there, food is made to order, and it's non crowded and peaceful break from the parks.

I like the Pacific Wharf Cafe and the White Castle corndogs. It all depends what kind of mood I'm in that day.

Melissa

There is also a very nice walk up on the pier (opposite end from McDonald's) that serves chicken or fish & chips with different dipping sauces. They also have sliced apples with a caramel dipping sauce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter