Favorite Disneyland Restaurants...

Robin1116

Mouseketeer
Hello!
Well this is the first time I have asked a DisneyLAND question!!!
Me and my Husband are hoping to make it out to Disneyland soon... being born in California and raised there for five years I don't remember much but there are some great picture with me and Mickey! ;)
My question is... we bought the new Birnaum guidebook to Disneyland and I have gone through the restaurant section (more like drooled).
I have been to the Blue Bayou in Disneyland Paris (how is the one in CA)?
Also does anyone have any other suggestions, anything from counter service to sit down. I would love to hear favorite places to eat and maybe a bit about their atmosphere.
Thank-you so much in advanced... I can't believe we will be headed back to where the magic started!!! :D

Robin Longley

Blue Bayou is great, but you've already mentioned it :D

For breakfast, we *love* the River Belle Terrace. They have some of the best pancakes I've ever had and their breakfasts are pretty big. Great for starting out a busy day at the park :D

The only other counter service I've eaten at recently was French Market, and they had a pretty good beef stew in a bread bowl.

Rocket Rod's Pizza Port has pretty good pizza and pasta, and I liked the Plaza Inn pasta I had in May.

-Rajah
tigerbow.gif

mickeymoonsm.jpg

cdrtrisal@aol.com

(Links will return when I find a new place to host the sites)

Half way up Main Street on the left hand side, you will find Carnation Cafe. It is an outdoor seating restaurant that is the ONLY place I eat (unless I want Pizza and that is definietly Redd Rockets Pizza Port in Tomorrowland)

See Carnation menu below:

Breakfast

Continental Breakfast - $5.79
Fruit & Cereal - $5.79
Croissantwich - $5.29 (comes with fruit!)
Cinn Roll & French Toast - $4.99
M. Mouse Waffle - $4.99
Child's Mickey Mouse Waffle - $3.99
Really Big Sticky Buns - $3.29
Really Big Cinnamon Roll - $2.99
Cereal - $2.29

Lunch/Dinner

Chicken Caesar Salad - $8.59
Market Salad - $7.99 (has cheese)
Caesar Salad - $6.99
Soup and Sandwich - $8.59
Chicken Puff Pie - $8.59
Beef Stroganoff (noodles) - $8.59
Pot Roast Kettle - $8.59

Peppered Turkey Sandwich - $8.29
Smoked Ham Sandwich - $8.29
Classic Tuna Sandwich - $8.29
Veggie Medley Sandwich - $8.29 (has cheese)

Child's Hot Dog - $5.49
Peanut Butter & Jelly (build-your-own) - $5.49
Cup-a-roni (macaroni & cheese) - $5.49

Daily Soup - $3.59
Specialty Coffee Drinks - Var.
Cup of Mud (Chocolate Pudding) - $3.99

The Croissant for breakfast is a really nice meal but my favorite is the soup and sandwich.

You pay $.30 more to add soup to any sandwich on the menu (my favorites are Ham on Cheddar Bread and Turkey on Squaw(?)--the bread is actually more like a thick pita--oh so good! They substitute the soup for the stale chips and you still get dill pickle spears and potato salad--this meal can definietely be split with 2 average appetites!

You will NOT go wrong with the Carnation Cafe!

NOTE: If you want alot of atmosphere, we like to eat at the Hungry Bear Restaurant--it sits on the Rivers of America in Bear Country--the food is standard burger/chicken sandwich/fries, etc but it is great fun to sit at a table near the water and watch the Mark Twain and the canoes go by. also, you can feed the ducks in the water. It is a wonderful place just to sit and cool off too--you do not have to eat there to sit and relax! A definite must do for you!

Also, if you like CHILI FRIES, arrange to go to a show at the GOLDEN HORSESHOE (another must see!) and get an order of chili fries to eat during the show--the restaurant is inside. You do not need to buy anything to eat, but these are a highlight of our trip when we go

See you at the Park!
:coo

[This message was edited by ilovemky on 01-29-01 at 03:36 PM.]

Thank-you so much to both of you!!!
I have to admit the Carnation Cafe sounds really good, I think I remember eating Mickey Pancakes there when I was little! :D
And I have to admit Chili fries sound sooo good right now!
Thanks again for the suggestions!

Robin Longley

Our last three trips to Disneyland included the French Market. This restaurant is also in New Orleans Square. I love the soup in a bread bowl. They now make the bread at the Boudin Bakery in DCA so you know it is fresh. If you time it right, there is a jazz band that plays in the seating area. You can also hear the band that plays in New Orleans Square throughout the day. The restaurant is cafeteria style with outdoor seating.

And Blue Bayou is also a favorite. Can you tell I like NOS?

We have had our best meals at Disneyland at Goofy's Kitchen. Just jump on a tram or the monorail over to the Disneyland Hotel and enjoy one of the best Disney character meals. We have been to character meals in WDW and consider Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel the best. Don't forget to get a reservation.

Rita is that a breakfast or dinner character meal? And if its both which one did your family go to?
Thanks for the suggestions too Tink!

Robin Longley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter