Favorite GF Snacks and Counter Service

peainapod

Mouseketeer
A little bit about us:
I am GF and we will be traveling with a 1 year old who is also GF

We are spending 2 days at MK, 1 at AK, 1 at HS

What are your favorite gf snacks/treats?

What are your favorite counter service gf places that offer more than just burgers?

We are a gluten free family with 2 kids and you will find tons of great food and snacks for everyone.

Favorites:
popcorn from MK and HS
Mickey ice cream bars
Dole Whips
Frozen banana
Chip and dale snack mix
Babycakes at DTD and Art if Animation food court
GF Zebra Domes from Boma (need ot ask)
Milk Shakes
Tacos in Epcot

Cosmic Rays at Mk has good choices for QS
Flame Tree BBQ at AK

Enjoy!

Make sure if you get the tacos in Epcot's Mexico pavilion that you specify gluten free and get the soft corn taco shells. Even if the person you work with tells you that the chips or hard shells are GF don't take a chance with them. Different people seem to be told different things about the hard shells and chips. I was told by a chef there that they use the same fryer for the chips & shells that they use to fry flour wrapped items so there's cross contamination in the fryer. I guess that since you're not planning on going to Epcot this doesn't really matter to you but if anybody else is reading along I wanted to make sure that they're aware of this.

At AK make sure to go to the allergy kiosk. They have a whole bunch of GF items plus they can go through a guide book to tell you what options are available at different locations.

Here's where we typically choose for CS meals.
MK: CHH (chicken tenders), Cosmic Ray (rotisserie chicken, ribs at dinner, burger w/GF bun), I think Casey's can do hot dogs with GF bun, the cart beside CHH has baked potatoes, bakes sweet potatoes and I think corn on the cobb
AK: Flame Tree BBQ (rotisserie chicken, ribs), Pizzafari is also an option but we haven't tried it since we can't have the GF pizza due to other allergies)
DHS: Backlot Express and ABC Commissary both can do chicken tenders, Pizza Planet can do pizza
All parks: Turkey legs are GF

At AK my DH loved the GF options at Flame Tree BBQ. He was actually very surprised by how good it was.

And not counter service, but one of his favorite things about WDW is that he can have pasta at a sit down restaurant again. :)

A little bit about us: I am GF and we will be traveling with a 1 year old who is also GF We are spending 2 days at MK, 1 at AK, 1 at HS What are your favorite gf snacks/treats? What are your favorite counter service gf places that offer more than just burgers?

Since you're not going to Epcot (sad face...)

While you are at HS, swing by the boardwalk and grab some Babycakes mini cupcakes from the boardwalk bakery. They're tiny, but yummy and convenient.

At Mk we like the pineapple spears at Aloha Isle, and I've heard good things about the food at Columbia Harbor House. When we are at MK, we monorail over to the Poly or GF. At the Poly we like Kona, and at the GF we like Citricos ($$$), and the GF Cafe.

At AK stop by Flame Tree BBQ and the allergy snack kiosk over by the tree- they have snacks :)

Make sure if you get the tacos in Epcot's Mexico pavilion that you specify gluten free and get the soft corn taco shells. Even if the person you work with tells you that the chips or hard shells are GF don't take a chance with them. Different people seem to be told different things about the hard shells and chips. I was told by a chef there that they use the same fryer for the chips & shells that they use to fry flour wrapped items so there's cross contamination in the fryer. I guess that since you're not planning on going to Epcot this doesn't really matter to you but if anybody else is reading along I wanted to make sure that they're aware of this. At AK make sure to go to the allergy kiosk. They have a whole bunch of GF items plus they can go through a guide book to tell you what options are available at different locations. Here's where we typically choose for CS meals. MK: CHH (chicken tenders), Cosmic Ray (rotisserie chicken, ribs at dinner, burger w/GF bun), I think Casey's can do hot dogs with GF bun, the cart beside CHH has baked potatoes, bakes sweet potatoes and I think corn on the cobb AK: Flame Tree BBQ (rotisserie chicken, ribs), Pizzafari is also an option but we haven't tried it since we can't have the GF pizza due to other allergies) DHS: Backlot Express and ABC Commissary both can do chicken tenders, Pizza Planet can do pizza All parks: Turkey legs are GF

Ooh, my DD has a million allergies, gluten being one of them and we've been going every year, sometimes twice. Never knew about that place in Mexico. Are the tacos soy free too?

Ooh, my DD has a million allergies, gluten being one of them and we've been going every year, sometimes twice. Never knew about that place in Mexico. Are the tacos soy free too?

I'm so sorry, I don't know. We are gluten free only and have been able to eat there for a few years running. You do have to make sure that you are specific as there can be a lnaguage barrier, but we have never had an adverse reaction from their food.

I don't know if they have soy or not. That's one of things we miraculously don't have to avoid.

My favorite GF snacks are Dole Whip floats and chocolate-covered pineapple spears. Too bad you're not going to Epcot, because the chocolate-caramel covered fruit is amazing. Disney popcorn is addictive. Most of the CS restaurants had OMG It's Gluten Free brownies and Enjoy Life cookies for dessert on our trips.

Cosmic Ray's in MK has a naturally GF roast chicken half with green beans and mashed potatoes. I really enjoy that one. DH got a hot dog on a GF bun with cheese sauce that he really liked, and their toppings bar is huge. If you want to skip the GF bread, I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, no bun, last time I was there and loaded it up with toppings. If Pizzafari in AK still has OMG pizzas, I really recommend them. I have a hard time finding anything I want to eat in HS, so we usually eat at a nearby resort or in our room on HS days.

My favorite GF snacks are Dole Whip floats and chocolate-covered pineapple spears. Too bad you're not going to Epcot, because the chocolate-caramel covered fruit is amazing. Disney popcorn is addictive. Most of the CS restaurants had OMG It's Gluten Free brownies and Enjoy Life cookies for dessert on our trips.

Cosmic Ray's in MK has a naturally GF roast chicken half with green beans and mashed potatoes. I really enjoy that one. DH got a hot dog on a GF bun with cheese sauce that he really liked, and their toppings bar is huge. If you want to skip the GF bread, I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, no bun, last time I was there and loaded it up with toppings. If Pizzafari in AK still has OMG pizzas, I really recommend them. I have a hard time finding anything I want to eat in HS, so we usually eat at a nearby resort or in our room on HS days.

yum:goodvibes

A little bit about us:
I am GF and we will be traveling with a 1 year old who is also GF

We are spending 2 days at MK, 1 at AK, 1 at HS

What are your favorite gf snacks/treats?

What are your favorite counter service gf places that offer more than just burgers?

You can email Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com and they will email you a pdf of GF items available in every park and resort. They also have tree nut/peanut menus, fish/shellfish menus, and egg-free menus (all items my DD is allergic to. They are wonderful and will assist you in your planning. My DD (4) has a wheat allergy (among other food allergies). The extensive GF items available is a godsend. Good luck on your trip and have a great time.

Many folks have mentioned Cosmic Rays.

My wife is GF and she loves to eat at Cosmic Rays. She has never been crossed contaminated there and they use UDIs bread for burgers. We are locals and we eat there at least once a week...

No if only we could refill our own sodas there...

I gotta say the GF chicken tenders/strips widely available are super yummy. Yummy to the degree that the non-GF eaters in my family abandoned their food and wanted these, too! I researched having a carton shipped to us from the manufacturer when we returned home but it was cost prohibitive due to needing to stay frozen throughout shipping. I hope you try them and love them, too. Mmm mm good!!

My dd had the gf chicken at Prime Time Cafe and it was wonderful ( but it did take 45 minutes). The chicken strips from various cs were good. She did not much like the brownie from 50's but there was a pre packaged cookie that she liked. Desserts are hard for her because she's also allergic to all nuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter