Favorite non-Disney place to eat

We don't do chain restaurants so many of the ones mentioned I wouldn't recommend. Ones I'd recommend are:

Porto's
Anaheim Packing House - Iron Press is my favorite
Golden Road
Roscoe's

Another vote for packing house. Packing house, packing house, packing house. Lol

Also love Puesto for tacos (get the filet taco, trust me), and Mimi’s for breakfast/brunch. If the honey bran muffins are being made buy them all. ;)

Splitsville in Downtown Disney is a hidden gem! We’ve had many meals there, with groups large and small. Their menu has a lot of variety, everything always comes out of the kitchen delicious and hot, the service is outstanding, they have live music out on the patio (we always eat on the patio), and the quality and service is always very consistent. If you don’t make it off-site like you’re planning. give Splitsville a try! We’ve never had a bad meal there!

Splitsville in Downtown Disney is a hidden gem! We’ve had many meals there, with groups large and small. Their menu has a lot of variety, everything always comes out of the kitchen delicious and hot, the service is outstanding, they have live music out on the patio (we always eat on the patio), and the quality and service is always very consistent. If you don’t make it off-site like you’re planning. give Splitsville a try! We’ve never had a bad meal there!
I always forget about splitsville - will need to add this to a “non park day” plan!

I always forget about splitsville - will need to add this to a “non park day” plan!
We ate there last week. There was no line, we walked right up and got a table (although I do always recommend reservations). When we left we ended up walking past the extremely long line outside of Tortilla Joe’s….I seriously wanted to walk down the line and tell all of them they should head over to Splitsville instead 🤣🤣

I agree with not doing chains, at least not ones that I have access to locally. Which is why I like Morton's and Flemings. And Puesto. Even Miguel Jr's. It's sort of like going to In N Out for us. Basically, if you have one at home, no need to go to the ones here.

You do know that Porto's, Golden Road, and Roscoe's are chains, right?

I suppose they're not national chains. Porto's only has 6 (soon to be 7) locations limited to LAC/OC.

We are at one of the food trucks in Downtown Disney. I want to say it was Dos Chinos, but I am not 100% sure. It was amazing!!!!!

You do know that Porto's, Golden Road, and Roscoe's are chains, right?
Indeed! They are local chains. We don't do national junk like Olive Garden and Mimi's and Cheesecake Factory and PF Changs

We went to Huckleberry's at Garden Walk for lunch one day last week and it was really good. Also went to Cheesecake Factory at Gardenwalk for supper one night (we don't have Cheesecake Factory in Victoria, BC where I'm from).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter