Favorite 'non'park things to do!

pattyT

DIS Veteran
We wil get to WL at around 2pm and I hate to waste a park hopper pass (we bought 7 day passes for a 10 day trip) for half the day!

But I know we will be antsy wo go exploring -

What are your favorites-

(I know I've seen threads regarding this but I can't find them not and search is not working - again:rolleyes: )

I haven't been since 97, and will be staying onsite this time, but there is always Downtown Disney, the outlet malls (if you have access to a car), resort hopping...............anyone else have any suggestions??

Jules

We always go and visit some of the other resorts on our first day because we also do not uselly arive till later in the day. Ride the monerail and visit the Poly, Grand Floridian and Contemporary resorts. Then in the evening go over and visit the Boardwalk resort and some of the shops there. There are some really good restaurants on the Boardwalk, Spoodles, Flying Fish etc. You can also go to Downtown Disney for the evening.

There's TONS to do without ever leaving the Wilderness Lodge! You could enjoy the pool and hot tubs. You could rent Water Mice boats and zip around the lake or rent bikes and ride the trail over to Fort Wilderness to check out the stables, petting zoo, etc. There are always scheduled activities going on in the afternoons at the Wilderness Lodge - volleyball games, pool games, arts and crafts sessions, WL tours, etc. You could play checkers in the Iorn Spike room at the villas, or just spend some time exploring the amazing resort and grounds. You could have a fun dinner that night at Whispering Canyon Cafe or a romantic one at Artist Point. The Wilderness Lodge is such an amazing resort! I definately reccomend that you take some "down time" during your trip to enjoy all that it has to offer.

If you want to leave the WL, you could head to Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk for shopping and dinner - and maybe even drinks and dancing if you don't have kids with you.

You could take the boat to the Magic Kingdom and then hop on the monorail to explore the Polynesain, Grand Floridian, and Comtemporary. You could check out those resorts and have dinner someplace like Ohana or Chef Mickey's.

You could play miniature golf at Fantasia Gardens or Winter/Summerland. This is really a lot of fun and it's something we do on every trip!

If you want to venture off-site (if you have a car) you could head to the outlet malls or over to Celebration for shopping and dinner.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

We had lots of fun checking out the other resorts on our visit. It's easy to get around with Disney transportation and it doesn't cost anything either!! Downtown Disney is also great if you've got the time. There is tons to see there and it's fun too.

Absolute favorite was the Illuminations cruise. Not cheap, but worth every penny!

Definately explore the lodge for a while then you could do the water recreation things or rent a bike. We enjoy taking the boat over to Fort Wilderness and checking out the barn and petting zoo. You could even rent a golf cart there and do more exploring plus they have wonderful nature trails that go through the swamp land and a great trail that connects to the lodge.

The arts and crafts are great too at the lodge for the kids, ours loved it! And, it's free!

Ages of Party?
We did Cirque du Soleil on the first night- it was AMAZING!!
(Sunday we are seeing Quidam right here in Cleveland-I can't wait!!)
I second Whispering Canyon Cafe-pretty good food, great entertainment!!
Everyone has such great ideas...however, we arrive at 1:30 or so and you won't be able to keep me out of the parks that first day!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

WOW
what great ideas!
We made ps for Whispering Canyon @ 7:30!
WE have me - the DW , DH , DD-8, DS-2, Disney friend and his DD-9!
I think we will plan to just hang out around the hotel then! Maybe rent ourselves some watermice! WHen you use the package for $199 is it transferable? I know the price is based on 4 but can DH and I take turns with DD?

THanks Again!

Our first night in we usually check-in swim and get cleaned up. Then, go to the monorail hotels (and wish we could afford to stay at one) we have actually met a few characters there before, at the GF, Mary Popins! DD was so surprised (so was I). Then we have Dinner at one of the hotel restaurants or venture over to Race Rock (which is a must do during one night of our trip!). NASCAR Fans you know!

It's a blast even when you don't have park tickets. This year we are doing Hoop Dee Doo because we only have 4 days in the parks this year (for a 7 day trip)! I cannot wait, we've never been before and I hear it is simply GREAT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter