Favorite Offsite Restaurant? Locals encouraged!

Charleys Steakhouse on International IS a great steakhouse. I'd also recommend Fishbones, near the NE corner of International and Sand Lake. Fishbones has the best grouper I've ever had in my life, and has a smoked fish spead starter that is great as well. Both of these places are are bit pricey but worth the $$ in my opinion.

ntink said:
http://www.texasdebrazil.com/
sign-up for their eclub (bottom of main page) and they will send you printable coupons. The Orlando location is 5259 International Drive
Hi, Is there one set price here?? I am not really a meat eater(but my DH ans DS are!) So could I order the Salad/Veggie Bar?? Thanks, Joan

Charley's isn't worth the money, nor is Fishbones. they're owned by the same company, and the food quality is uneven.

For seafood, we love BoneFish Grill, it is actually a chain and owned by the same company as Outback and Carrabba's. I agree that Bahama Breeze is very good too. But out all time favorite resturant is Colorado Fondue Company in Casselberry.

Orlando is riddled with names of places that sound the same:
BoneFish
FishBones
Woodstone Grill
Stonewood Grill

But our favorites are:

MoonFish (on Sand Lake) -- the fish is fresh daily. The calamari is excellent. The Lobster tails are HUGE and the service is outstanding. But my two favorite things are their Orange Crush Martini :love: and for dessert the Orange Cake. Yummy!! (warning though, depending on what you order, it can be very pricey).

Cafe Tu Tu Tango -- on I Drive. A tapas place that sometimes the service is great ... sometimes not as much ... but if you want to share and try different types of foods, this place is great.

and if you get up to Winter Garden, there is a restaurant called Choctaw Willies. We fight over the bbq sauce at the table ... we always end up stealing extra bottles from the tables next to us :teeth:

Great suggestions so far! Keep them coming!

We ordered pizza one night from Giordanno's (sp?) and it was great. It is on 192 West.

Joan S. said:
Hi, Is there one set price here?? I am not really a meat eater(but my DH ans DS are!) So could I order the Salad/Veggie Bar?? Thanks, Joan

I know I have gotten emails before where they offered the salad bar only option. The salad bar is wonderful! I think the price for the complete meal is around $40, while the price for the salad bar is around $20. If you sign-up on the website, we have gotten some great coupons. Some have been for up to 50% off.

I'd also say Texas de Brazil, its great, I *think* ther emay be an optionfor only the salad bar, whcic by itself is amazing.

powellrj said:
I know I have gotten emails before where they offered the salad bar only option. The salad bar is wonderful! I think the price for the complete meal is around $40, while the price for the salad bar is around $20. If you sign-up on the website, we have gotten some great coupons. Some have been for up to 50% off.
Thanks for the reply! I went to their site and signed up. I am hoping to try Texas De Brazil when we are in Orlando in February. Joan

Whoa Amity 3. Fire Gruden ?? Fishbones & Charley's are "uneven" ?? You need to get outta the sun dude. Enjoy your dinner with Tony Dungy, Ray Perkins, and Sam Wyche ... I will have the grouper with Chucky - a SuperBowl winner !! - at Fishbones.

A second for Charley's (who said it's "uneven"? Always been great for us) and Giordano's my favorite pizza both deep dish and thin style.

Both have at least two locations. Charley's is on 192 by I-4 and another on International Drive I think. Giordanos is out by the old China park on 192 and right near the Crossroads plaza (one more light north).

Charley's serves both USDA Choice and Prime beef. for $30.00+ per steak, I expect Prime only. and yes, the food quality is uneven there and at Fishbones. some items are stellar, while some are weak.

We ate at Black Angus this past weekend and it was really good. Its on International Drive near Wet & Wild.

Dh and I would love to try Texas de Brazil, but haven't had the chance. Is this where they have the big skewers of meat or am i thinking of somewher else?

We tried Bahama Breeze for the first time this summer and loved it.

Not a nice table service or anything, but does anyone out there like Sweet Tomatoes as much as we do?? This is a tradition for us every year. We drive into Orlando, get there around lunchtime, eat at Sweet Tomatoes, then head to check in at POR!!

Has anyone received an email for discounts from Texas de Brazil in October? We've been meaning to try this ever since it opened, but haven't got around to it yet. We'll be arriving in Orlando in less than a week (yaay!) and definitely want to do it this time. I get a regular email from them, but haven't had one this month.

For those who like sushi - There's a great sushi place (I think called Take Sushi). It's located on 192 and Formosa Gardens - In the same shopping plaza that has Winn Dixie and outback steak house. They have the best sushi I've ever had, and if you go during happy hour (4:30 -7:00???) you can get $3.00 sushi rolls and 2 for one drinks. Very affordable & yummy !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter