• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Park Bag?

RoseMom

Mouseketeer
Over the years I have carried a variety of bags into the parks (crossbodys, fanny packs, backpacks). However, now that my kids are getting older, I want something different. I still want to carry all of the basics into the parks (water bottle, sunscreen, migraine medication, sunglasses, fan, and of course minnie ears). My daughter is also a type 1 diabetic but for the most part she will carry her own supplies (I will have a few snacks for low blood sugar just in case). What is your favorite park bag?

I feel like I’m spilling a secret here but my favorite park bag is actually a Disney Store “lunch box” with an attached strap- I buy these for about $10 when they are on sale (they come out during Back to School the end of summer) and they are perfect for carrying the basics and since they are insulated the stuff inside is slightly protected and they are good for snacks as well!

(I’ve attached a photo of one I got in 2022- I have only had one fall apart on me, but it lasted almost a decade before the lining started pulling away)

Attachments

• E779F743-7537-4C11-B55F-96DAF5A32F44.jpeg
    E779F743-7537-4C11-B55F-96DAF5A32F44.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
My park bag is a custom made leather and hide wristlet from Urban Artisan Boutique in Philly. It’s a 12” wide rectangle and is ample in size to fit everything I need for a park visit or city exploring, day or night.

Since we aren’t all day park visitors, no water bottles needed just a wallet the size of a credit card with zip closing for cash, lip gloss, a cell phone and cordless battery. Some years ago I adopted minimalism as my outlook and never looked back; so freeing.

Would a see-through bag get me through bag check quicker?
I don’t think so, now that you just walk through the scanner with big items like umbrellas and eyeglass cases held in front of you. If you get waved aside because they see a suspicious shadow on the scanner, they’re going to look inside your bag anyway.

I use my regular backpack I take to work. It's roomy and allows me to put all three of our water bottles in it (mine, DW's and DD's). The second pocket is big enough that I can stuff my DSL camera in it if I had to for a ride. And if small enough, I can put my purchased items in the backpack and not worry about carrying it/them by hand.

I don’t think so, now that you just walk through the scanner with big items like umbrellas and eyeglass cases held in front of you. If you get waved aside because they see a suspicious shadow on the scanner, they’re going to look inside your bag anyway.
Thank you CarolynFH. It's been many many years since I've traveled. I think this is the first time in over 17 years that I am actually leaving the state. Haha. Last time I traveled it required the opening each bag and waving a stick around in the bag.

Thank you CarolynFH. It's been many many years since I've traveled. I think this is the first time in over 17 years that I am actually leaving the state. Haha. Last time I traveled it required the opening each bag and waving a stick around in the bag.
I thought you probably hadn’t been there in some time! Yes, security screening is much easier these days. Just be sure to carry big things in your hands out in front of you, such as sunglass cases that have metal clasps, umbrellas, metal water bottles.

I use a Crumper 5 Million Dollar Home, now discontinued, for adults only park visits. It's small, highly durable, rain resistant, and because it's a camera bag the padding helps insulate on hot days, even though only 1/3 to 1/2 is taken up by camera gear. I can also clip additional items to the side. ThinkTank offers similar items today - the major downside being the expense, as good camera bags cost real money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter