• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite park for preschoolers?

I took my four year old twins to Epcot and Hollywood Studios for their first trip a couple weeks ago. They enjoyed the gentle rides of Epcot and Toy Story Land and the shows and characters (we happen to catch a cavalcade) at Hollywood Studios. I do wonder how they would enjoy Magic Kingdom.

You can’t go wrong here but if I had to rank them....
1.MK- it’s just geared toward younger kids and there is something for everyone. A lot of slow and dark rides, parades, characters etc.
2. AK- mine loved all the animals and especially the safari ride (I know this is an unpopular choice for most)
3. Probably HS- Disney jr, Star Wars, and toy story make this park better than it used to be when my kids were small
4. Epcot- there were a lot of characters at this park pre COVID but other than the seas, my preschoolers HATED this park. It’s geared too much to adults IMO and are very few rides or activities. ( my kids still don’t like this park as teens and adults unless they are eating)
If I were to really choose an experience for preschoolers though I would go DCL. My preschoolers loved the close character interactions, shows, pools etc. and it was quick and easy to return to the room to nap!!!

We took our then 2 1/2 year old in 2019 to DW for the first time and MK and EPCOT ended up being her favorite parks. In MK we started off riding all the rides she was tall enough to ride. After riding everything she could ride, we brought her to the Prince Charming Carrousel ride and we all took turns staying with her while the others went to ride the rides with taller height requirements. She ended up riding it at least 7 or 8 times and had the best time of her life doing so!!! The rides that were dark (Pirates, Peter Pan, etc.) My husband or I kept our arm around her so she would feel us next to her and she never got scared of the dark rides (didn't do Haunted Mansion).

We went to EPCOT (this was during F&G) and she fell in love with the character topiaries. We couldn't get to the rides because she was squealing over the topiaries, lol! Once we were able to get on rides, we realized how many rides in EPCOT she was actually able to ride because there were no height requirements. Again the dark rides we put an arm around her and she was fine. We happened to be at the right place at the right time because we were passing one of the countries (I forget which one) and out of nowhere, Donald Duck, Chip n Dale, Stitch, and Pluto all came out for meet and greets all in one place. This wasn't listed on the times guide but from what I've read Disney will do this periodically to help with crowd control.

We went to AK and she wasn't as impressed with it. She wasn't cranky just seemed bored. This was the only day she fell asleep in the stroller. We didn't do HS so I can't speak to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter