favorite places to eat in Vegas

Leticia's Cocina. My favorite Mexican place. My husband and his family love it, too, and say it's the most authentic they've had outside of Mexico, and they're Mexican.

Lotus of Siam - considered by many to be one of the best Thai places in the country. In a strip mall, worth the taxi ride.

Mexican, I live a few minutes from Mexico, so I rarely eat it on vacation since it's a main staple and nobody every gets it right ;-)

That said, Hussong's in Mandalay was decent with about a x15 markup than what I'm used to paying. Tacos should be a $1. Maybe $1.25 ;-)

We got back 2 weeks ago so here are our most recent favorites

Emeril's New Orleans Fish House (dinner)
Spago (dinner)
Lagasse Stadium (lunch but it's an allday menu)
Mon Ami Gabi (lunch)
Emeril's Delmonicos (dinner & lunch)

Javiers in Aria is good and a really cool atmosphere. I agree with Hash house A go go, if nothing else just for the experience.

We ate at Jean George at Aria this past weekend and it was by far the best meal that I have ever eaten. Amazing food, great atmosphere and wonderful staff!

On a relative budget, Bouchon Bakery at the Venetian is excellent and pretty cheap for Vegas. We were walking around the Venetian and noticed a bakery that had $9 donuts and $13 single-serving cakes. Then we saw the $3.25 red velvet cupcake with sweet cream cheese topping at Bouchon Bakery and wondered if there was a catch. It was really good and I didn't feel like I got ripped off.

On a relative budget, Bouchon Bakery at the Venetian is excellent and pretty cheap for Vegas. We were walking around the Venetian and noticed a bakery that had $9 donuts and $13 single-serving cakes. Then we saw the $3.25 red velvet cupcake with sweet cream cheese topping at Bouchon Bakery and wondered if there was a catch. It was really good and I didn't feel like I got ripped off.

I want to go there. Thomas Keller is my idol.

I want to go there. Thomas Keller is my idol.

Just in case I wasn't clear, the $9 donuts were not at Bouchon Bakery. There were at some place inside. They had some sort of glittery frosting that made them look almost like jewelry. Otherwise, I think it was just a cake donut underneath all that.

Just last weekend we decided to have fun and drive to Napa Valley. Bought something like $40 worth of stuff at the original Bouchon Bakery, including sandwiches, macarons, bread, and pastries. While I suppose the place had Thomas Keller's pedigree, the prices weren't out of line with what you'd see for similar bakeries with lesser quality. The brioche roll (really a bread roll and not a sweet brioche) was actually quite good for $1.50. The large macarons were $3.25 and 3" in diameter. While I suppose there's a lot of people who rail against Thomas Keller for his high prices, his bakeries provide excellent value.

The line was well out the door. I was talking to the couple ahead of me, and they said that they had been to one of the locations in Manhattan, where there was no line. I said the same about Vegas.

Just in case I wasn't clear, the $9 donuts were not at Bouchon Bakery. There were at some place inside. They had some sort of glittery frosting that made them look almost like jewelry. Otherwise, I think it was just a cake donut underneath all that. Just last weekend we decided to have fun and drive to Napa Valley. Bought something like $40 worth of stuff at the original Bouchon Bakery, including sandwiches, macarons, bread, and pastries. While I suppose the place had Thomas Keller's pedigree, the prices weren't out of line with what you'd see for similar bakeries with lesser quality. The brioche roll (really a bread roll and not a sweet brioche) was actually quite good for $1.50. The large macarons were $3.25 and 3" in diameter. While I suppose there's a lot of people who rail against Thomas Keller for his high prices, his bakeries provide excellent value. The line was well out the door. I was talking to the couple ahead of me, and they said that they had been to one of the locations in Manhattan, where there was no line. I said the same about Vegas.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds awesome.

Mexican
Strip: Border Grill (Mandalay Bay)
Off the Strip: Flaming Fajitas (West LV/Summerlin); Linda Michoacán (multiple locations); Frank and Fina's (West LV/Summerlin).

Other off the strip restaurants:
1a. DW Bistro - Jamaican/New Mexican Fusion (Southwest LV)
1b. Lotus of Siam - Thai (Central/East LV) the other
Honey Salt - American/Comfort Food (Summerlin)
Vitner Grill - Contemporary American (Summerlin)
Dom Demarcos - Pizza/Italian (Summerlin)

FWIW, outside of the strip, I would say that the consenus among objective locals is that Summerlin (and the west side of the LV Valley in general) have much better restaurants than any other part of town (again, except for the Strip).

ate friday night at Golden Nugget seafood buffet $25 bought seafood heaven! I literally ate crab until i couldn't eat any more.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter