Favorite Pressure Cooker Recipe?

KLAIT

DIS Veteran
I received an electronic pressure cooker for my birthday and am not quite sure what to do with it. Can you share your favorite recipe with me?

thanks

Lots of things you can do with it! We've had one for a couple of months now and it has become our favorite way to cook. We do pork chops, stews, roasts, chicken, and rice, just to mention a few things.

One note though: ours doesn't like recipes that get it hot before sealing it up for pressure, such as those that require searing or braising before cooking under pressure. It just seems to always think it has finished, or the pressure valve doesn't want to seal. They might have fixed that in later versions, so YMMV. But that problem aside, there isn't a quicker way to cook, and stuff is always tasty and tender.

Not only that, but our electric bill has dropped noticeably since we have been using this instead of our electric oven/stovetop.

As far as recipes go, search at your favorite bookseller. Wife has The Everything Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Pamela Rice Hahn, but there are lots of good recipe books out there for pressure cookers. It doesn't take much: a package of chicken thighs and some jarred sauce and you're all set...

I have one for the chikfila nuggets that is pretty damn close. got from copycats.com or some such site.

Pot roast! I use a chuck roast, sear it in hot oil in the pan, take it out and brown chopped onion, scraping up the crusty bits; dump in a pound or two of baby carrots, put the roast on top, toss on sliced onions and whole mushrooms if I have room, and pour in a cup or two of liquid (whatever I have; I have used red wine, leftover coffee, onion soup, beef broth, or a mix of those). I also use a tablespoon or two of Das Dutchman Essenhaus beef base stirred in to the liquid. Salt and pepper, garlic salt, or whatever seasonings I feel like. It is crazy good.

I was hopeful that others would post pressure cooker recipies, as I just bought a Wolfgand Puck electric pressure cooker and most of the recipies they have listed are a bit extravegant for this down home cooking family.
I'm going to try my hand at cooking several meals to store, as I have taken over the care for my parents, while continueing my full time job outside the home.

Please, if you have any hints, tips, or favorite recipies, please post. I've found a few online, but not alot that are specific to pressure cookers. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter