Favorite Resort Restaurant?

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
Hi we are going to be in the Orlando area and already have a DS restaurant booked. Wondering if you have a favorite among the resorts. It will be myself and my 20 something daughter. We are not steak eaters. Where should we go.

I suggest Grand Floridian Cafe for any meal.

The atmosphere is bright and cheerful, service efficient, food among the best of TS.

Even if you don't need gluten-free, the g-f apple crisp is as good as homemade, eggs benedict excellent, salmon delicious--yes, I LIKE the place. Salads are delectable, too.

It's a relaxing place to unwind after a park or simply to close out a lovely Disney day.

Also, highly recommend the open-air lounge, Geyser Point, at Wilderness Lodge. It's a bit rustic and might not be where you'd care to eat on a drizzly, chilly evening. The food could make up for any less-than-optimal weather. The bison burger description sounds quirky, but it all goes together fabulously--highly recommended.
A wonderful place for MK fireworks watching with yummy food.

Any of the Animal Kindom resort restaurants are very good: Jiko (signature) and Boma (buffet) at Jambo House or Sanaa at Kidani Village. Topolino's at Riviera is also very good. I've never had anything at any of these places that I didn't like.

Several good choices. Our go to restaurants include Flying Fish, Jiko and California Grill.

Boma, Jiko - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Flying Fish - Boardwalk
Toledo, Maya Grill, Three Bridges - Coronado Springs

My favorites:

Sebastian's Bistro - Caribbean Beach Resort (Must do every trip)
Boma - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Breakfast over Dinner, but both are amazing)
Jiko - AKL (Best single meal I have ever had)
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Lodge (Most fun, and food is always very good)
Capt. Cook's - Polynesian (Favorite QS at resorts)

Sebastian's - delicious, chill. Skyliner ride there! Nice price!
Geyser Point - relaxed. awesome food. no ADR needed.
Boma - so many options and unique!
Topollin's - character breakfast. Delicious food and a more relaxed character environment.

I’d recommend Jiko. The food is excellent and a trip to Jiko means that you can explore the resort. There are multiple savanna outlooks that you could walk to before/after dinner!

There are tons of options depending on what you are looking for. Here are some of our favorites.

Riviera - Topolino's - great food, atmosphere and views. It's pricey but worth it for me
Wilderness Lodge - Geyser Point - also great food and atmosphere but in a completely different way. Casual setting and food and reasonably priced and you cannot beat the view.
Animal Kingdom - Take your pick. They are all fantastic. We haven't eaten at Jiko, but it's on our bucket list and considered on of the best on property. Sanaa has great food and if you can grab a window seat you can view the animals (assuming it's daylight). Boma is amazing, either for breakfast or dinner if you want to go the buffet route.
Boardwalk - Flying Fish is also really good, though pricey. Still, if you want seafood it's hard to beat. Also in that area is Il Mulino over at the Swan Hotel. Great Italian food!
Coronado Springs - Three Bridges is an underrated gem that really doesn't get enough attention. Food, drinks and service are fantastic and it's a gorgeous setting.
Contemporary - we love Steakhouse 71, but it is heavily focussed on steak, which you said you didn't want. Still, the stack burger is delicious.
Grand Floridian - we've yet to eat at a restaurant here as we never stay there, but all of them are very well regarded. We did have drinks and an appetizer at the Enchanted Rose once and were very impressed.

Speaking of Enchanted Rose, don't skip the resort lounges! They have some great food and drinks and no ADR's required.

Sanaa and Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge are both great. Leave yourself extra time to watch the animals.

Flying Fish and Il Mulino are at the Boardwalk and Swan hotels, both have great food.

Our vote usually goes to Sanaa...especially if you dine there before sunset. Alternately, we love a meal with a decent fireworks view and would probably opt for California Grill or Narcoosee's.

I haven’t been to all of them, but so far the only one I’d go to if it was down the street is Topolino’s.

Agree with any of the 3 at AKL - our favorites. We are also very fond of Citricos, Amare (Swan Reserve), BlueZoo (Dolphin), and Topolino's (dinner).....

Capt Cook's is my favorite resort quick service on property by far. For table service I'm a big fan of Grand Floridian Cafe, very underrated gem.

I visited Disney last week and ate at Topolino's for the first time, and I highly recommend it. It was one of the best meals we've ever had on Disney property, and honestly one of the best we've ever had period. Everything from appetizers to dessert was amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter