• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite specialty cocktail

Most Disney cocktails are way too sweet for me. That said, I've been fairly impressed with the drinks at Enchanted Rose. The Lavender Fog is hands-down the best cocktail I've had at Disney: Nolet’s Silver Dry Gin, Rothman Crème de Violette, English Breakfast Tea, Vanilla, and Cream.

I also just love the vibe at Trader Sam's and will happily drink their $30 sugared-up fruit juices all day long 😆

The Peach Bellini at BOG was given to us for our engagement lunch. It was very good.

Some of my favorites:
  • Hightower Rocks - Nomad Lounge (Casa Dragones Blanco Tequila, Watermelon, Sweet-and-Sour, and Lime Juice)
  • Bronto Breeze - on the SECRET secret menu at the Restaurantosaurus Lounge (adjacent to quick serve) (Makers Mark, sour mix, triple sec, lime). You have to ask for the secret menu, which features a handful of cocktails and this isn't even on that, it's secret secret but they should know how to make it. If Jimmy is the bartender, he invented it!
  • Island Sunrise - Smiling Crocodile (Jose Cuervo Tequila with Pineapple-Orange-Guava Juice and a hint of Watermelon)
  • Blackberry Moonshine Sour - at Regal Eagle bar (not the inside quick serve) in EPCOT
  • Serenity - bluezoo (Dolphin resort) (cucumber vodka, st. germain elderflower liqueur, muddled strawberries, rosemary, lime, pineapple juice)
Gave me a few new ones to try in May!

Tokyo dining has had skilled bartenders our last few visits. not too cloyingly sweet & a good pour…Tokyo sunset and Japanese Breeze were lovely.

The Boathouse is my favorite onsite…brunch=Bloody Mary, blueberry lemonade, shipwreck and the infamous duck, duck, razz. It’ only takes one here :)

Call me traditional, but the drink that is a MUST for me to get at least once during a WDW trip is the Magical Star Cocktail.

Leapin Lizard at Nomad Lounge is definitely my favorite drink at Disney World.

Krakatoa Punch at Trader Sam's

Cool-headed monkey at Jock Lindsay's

Sunset Margarita at Dockside (Disney Springs)

Blood orange margarita at La Cava

Pomegranate paradiso at Topolino's Terrace Bar

Three words: Gran Marnier slushy at the France pavilion in Epcot. It's in one of the kiosks near the entrance to Chefs de France. It is sweet but not annoyingly so.

Some of my favorites:
  • Hightower Rocks - Nomad Lounge (Casa Dragones Blanco Tequila, Watermelon, Sweet-and-Sour, and Lime Juice)

Okay the Hightower Rocks sounds AMAZING, may have to pop into Nomad on my next DAK visit...

Adding to the recommendations for the Avocado Margarita at Cava del Tequila. And I always love a Lapu Lapu at the Tambu Lounge in the Poly, mostly because it's served in a whole pineapple.

Backscratcher at Tambu Lounge. I've left many backscratchers behind in my Disney travels.

Backscratcher​

Bacardi Superior Rum, Plantation Original Dark Rum, and Guava-Passion Fruit Juice topped with Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and a Bamboo Backscratcher

$14.50

Last edited:
Hightower rocks at Nomad (I dream about this thing)

Steakhouse 71 has a solid list too

Last Concourse (a weird rift on the last word)
Heron Gimlet (I substituted the vodka for gin, because gimlets are a gin drink)
Twister Fig

The magical beacon is good, but again I asked for a sub on the curacao to something else, would have preferred a dry curacao but I think their closest was triple sec.

The Enchanted Rose lounge is good and is fairly well stocked so pretty easy to order some classics. I was annoyed with what they called kir and kir royale though.

Bloody Mary from Steakhouse 71 - they make their own mix and it includes ingredients you don't normally find in a pre-made mix.
The Voyager from the Poly pool bar.
Frozen iced tea/lemonade with Titos from the Regal Eagle bar in Epcot.
And I'll almost never say no to a Pina Colava.

I just procured a bottle of the Monin Kiwi Syrup used to make the T-16 Skyhooper, I'll report back if I can successfully make it this weekend!

I am not a big drinker, but in the past I have really enjoyed the Oogie Boogie cocktail at Joe's margarita stand outside Boardwalk. I have seen it offered form time to time (usually in autumn months) though not recently. I hope they bring it back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter