Favourite Buffalo Airport Hotel?

We got a great parking spot at Buffalo airport this trip- if you look at their map online and park in "A" we went under the road and around and were very close to the terminal......a covered sidewalk walk to baggage claim area- it was $55 a week and was so nice to just walk out at the end of the trip and walk down the sidewalk and in the van. We paid $45 a night for the Day's Inn just across the street from the airport- got that through priceline- we needed two rooms for all of us. I personally could not travel across Buffalo without my child in a car seat......and we have always taken the time to find the seatbelts when we have been on hotel shuttles- sometimes a problem to find them.

We got a great parking spot at Buffalo airport this trip- if you look at their map online and park in "A" we went under the road and around and were very close to the terminal......a covered sidewalk walk to baggage claim area- it was $55 a week and was so nice to just walk out at the end of the trip and walk down the sidewalk and in the van. We paid $45 a night for the Day's Inn just across the street from the airport- got that through priceline- we needed two rooms for all of us. I personally could not travel across Buffalo without my child in a car seat......and we have always taken the time to find the seatbelts when we have been on hotel shuttles- sometimes a problem to find them.

Hi,

I don't see A on the map-only Daily, Preferred, Long Term, Economy?

Wow they have changed their parking already- we just got back last week! They used to be called Long Term A and B- and A had a preferred area really close to terminal........now they even have economy they did not have that before it was all "B".... We parked in the orange/gold now just called Long Term and drove through the Big part of the Long Term.......went under the road in a tunnel- then parked in the top corner right at the sidewalk and there were many many spots to choose from there for us. They have even lowered the rates for what used to be B and the economy area maximum is $45 a week!
http://buffaloairport.com/Parking.asp?sec=0#Realtime

formill said:

If you wouldn't mind, Can you share your priceline strategy for getting that specific hotel?

Wow they have changed their parking already- we just got back last week! They used to be called Long Term A and B- and A had a preferred area really close to terminal........now they even have economy they did not have that before it was all "B".... We parked in the orange/gold now just called Long Term and drove through the Big part of the Long Term.......went under the road in a tunnel- then parked in the top corner right at the sidewalk and there were many many spots to choose from there for us. They have even lowered the rates for what used to be B and the economy area maximum is $45 a week!

When we don't need a hotel room, we always use this parking lot! But, can't resist the Staybridge/Trinity room for only $55 more. :)

No strategy for the Day's Inn.........went on Priceline-tried for maybe a 3 star at $45........then went to 2 1/2 star and got the Day's Inn....previously we have gotten the Comfort Inn and Suites for around that price range too-both are fine with us for a night-comfort inn was the one I was hoping for then we just need one room. We have also gotten whatever hotel is behind the Denny's right near the airport too...... We were all booked at the Staybridge for this trip and willing to try their shuttle........then I called to confirm beds and they would only give us a studio.........and to upgrade they said we had to cancel and book with them and it was a lot more money. In the end we so far find it about the same price to park at the airport if we get a cheap priceline hotel.......and since we have every time had shuttle issues with waiting at the end of the trip it is far preferable when there is always 6 or 7 of us to just walk out to the car at the end of the trip and skip any sort of shuttle. Now I just need to convince husband it is time to plan this year's trip so we can do it all over again!!!

Thanks for that. How close were you to the terminal- we have 3 young kids and will have a ton of luggage including car seats and a stroller? Would it be close enough for us to walk or should one of us drop off the other with the kids at the terminl before parking?

No strategy for the Day's Inn.........went on Priceline-tried for maybe a 3 star at $45........then went to 2 1/2 star and got the Day's Inn....previously we have gotten the Comfort Inn and Suites for around that price range too-both are fine with us for a night-comfort inn was the one I was hoping for then we just need one room. We have also gotten whatever hotel is behind the Denny's right near the airport too...... We were all booked at the Staybridge for this trip and willing to try their shuttle........then I called to confirm beds and they would only give us a studio.........and to upgrade they said we had to cancel and book with them and it was a lot more money. In the end we so far find it about the same price to park at the airport if we get a cheap priceline hotel.......and since we have every time had shuttle issues with waiting at the end of the trip it is far preferable when there is always 6 or 7 of us to just walk out to the car at the end of the trip and skip any sort of shuttle. Now I just need to convince husband it is time to plan this year's trip so we can do it all over again!!!

Ok good to know. I just want to AVOID the Millenium. :eek:

Thanks for that. How close were you to the terminal- we have 3 young kids and will have a ton of luggage including car seats and a stroller? Would it be close enough for us to walk or should one of us drop off the other with the kids at the terminl before parking?

I would get the kids and one adult dropped off as the parking is at the level of the baggage claim so you could be dropped off at the next level up to avoid hauling kids and luggage up to go through security.....but coming home if you get down to the baggage claim area with your kids.......it was a 3 minute walk on a covered over sidewalk........for us it felt good to walk after sitting on a plane but our kids are all old enough to haul own luggage-husband had gone ahead to open and warm up van while we waited for luggage to come out....we were able to handle pulling his suitcase with ours. Timing it would have worked out for him to pay and pull van around since luggage took about 15 minutes to come out.

Well we finally decided to just book a hotel thru priceline. The deal thru trinity reservations is awesome especially if you only need 1 room. With the size of our family, we need 2 rooms.

Plus, DH wasn't all that keen to be relying on the shuttle service - he didnt't want to get stuck at the airport when we return; especially after an early morning flight. I agree.

Anyway, we did Priceline tonight and got the Holiday Inn in Amherst for $46/nt. haven't stayed there but trip advisor reports look ok. Besides, it is just for 1 night & then we are off to Disney :)

We always need two rooms too! Did you call your hotel and see if they have connecting rooms? The Day's Inn did and we were able to get connecting rooms and made sure to have 2 beds in each room........

formill said:
We always need two rooms too! Did you call your hotel and see if they have connecting rooms? The Day's Inn did and we were able to get connecting rooms and made sure to have 2 beds in each room........

Hmmmm we should call :)

Does anyone happen to know if you can have 5 in a room at Days Hotel?? I have seen people saying they did it but the hotel website says 4 to a room. I called the hotel and the person at reception wasn't sure:confused3

We will be 2 adults and 3 kids (8,8 and 3)

Thanks!

Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard or Fairfield across from the airport? Is the parking gated onsite or at Thrifty or one of those park and fly places?

The reason the Days Inn says they can only do 4 is that they only have bedding for 4 people. We stayed last August with 5. We just took along an air mattress and a sleeping bag. Left them in the van before we caught the shuttle.

Yes it was a bit tight in the room but it was only for 1 night so it was fine.

pigletto said:
Check this out!! Jan22 -April 30th
Holiday Inn in Amherst, free airport shuttle, 14 days free parking,20 food credit for their restaurant.. $79!!!!!!!

Now there are a few black out dates and taxes are extra but it is still a VERY good deal. You'd have all of your parking, shuttle to and from the airport and room for about $90 all in.
http://jaunt.ca/?w=5415&locale=en&utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=View+Jaunt+08&utm_content=We+e+Niagara%2C+%2499+Stay+outside+of+Toronto%2C+Southern+Ontario+Inn+Luxury+and+more&utm_campaign=WJ+ON+-+Local+-+No+Price+-+LC%3A+Hockley+%2F+Oban+%2F+Best+Western+%2F+LOC%3A+Niagara+%2F+Glenerin+%2F+Elm+Hurst+%2F+VAC%3A+TBD+%2F+LOC%3A+Ramada+%2F+Buffalo+%2F+Catleview+%2F+Pinestone+%2F+Chateau+%2F+Hot+Springs+-+Jan+22+2013

Wow! That is a great deal.
We are staying there next week thru a priceline deal....will let u know how it is :)

pigletto said:
Check this out!! Jan22 -April 30th
Holiday Inn in Amherst, free airport shuttle, 14 days free parking,20 food credit for their restaurant.. $79!!!!!!!

Now there are a few black out dates and taxes are extra but it is still a VERY good deal. You'd have all of your parking, shuttle to and from the airport and room for about $90 all in.
http://jaunt.ca/?w=5415&locale=en&utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=View+Jaunt+08&utm_content=We+e+Niagara%2C+%2499+Stay+outside+of+Toronto%2C+Southern+Ontario+Inn+Luxury+and+more&utm_campaign=WJ+ON+-+Local+-+No+Price+-+LC%3A+Hockley+%2F+Oban+%2F+Best+Western+%2F+LOC%3A+Niagara+%2F+Glenerin+%2F+Elm+Hurst+%2F+VAC%3A+TBD+%2F+LOC%3A+Ramada+%2F+Buffalo+%2F+Catleview+%2F+Pinestone+%2F+Chateau+%2F+Hot+Springs+-+Jan+22+2013

How will it work up to 90 bucks? Do you have to pay taxes on wag jag deals? I did not think so. Anyway if it is 90 bucks then for 8 bucks more you get breakfast with The Trinity Deal and not sure the 20 bucks will cover breakie at the HI. Interestingly I just purchased thru Trinity and was very impressed with their emailing etc. however they are the same chain and I can cancel. Hmmm. Need to check this deal out more. Thanks for posting it:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter