FEA Wait times

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
Are the wait times for FEA still crazy long? We'll be hopping to Epcot in the early afternoon. It's during President's Day week and the crowd predictor says heavy crowds that week. :(

It still is busy, but not crazy busy. ALSO - the first 2 hours has not FP since the Showcase does not officially open until 11:00. That really helps the line move along. Most days it will be not more than 30 minutes during the first 1 1/2 hours.

If you get there between 9-11am, it's usually around a 20-30 min wait. After 11 is when it starts going up 60 or more minutes

If you get there between 9-11am, it's usually around a 20-30 min wait. After 11 is when it starts going up 60 or more minutes

Ack, bummer. We're going to AK in the morning and don't expect to get there till 1p or so. Maybe the line will go down later for Illuminations? We've seen it a gazillion times and my son isn't a super fan anyway, we'd rather go on the ride.

Ack, bummer. We're going to AK in the morning and don't expect to get there till 1p or so. Maybe the line will go down later for Illuminations? We've seen it a gazillion times and my son isn't a super fan anyway, we'd rather go on the ride.

Maybe you could rope drop Pandora and have FEA Fast Passes waiting for you in the afternoon?

If you go with that plan, I would do the River Journey at rope drop. Book FOP FPs for another day, and plan another full or half day at AK.

Last edited:
If you're going to be in Epcot in the afternoon, then just use a FP+ for FEA. There is no line in the mornings, but by afternoon there is one. Even at night, it stays relatively long, so just use a FP+.

We were there two days ago using our 2:35 fast pass and there was 120 min wait for standby.

Does it still go down a lot? We tried to ride it twice last fall, returning to epcot one morning at rope drop just to ride and then moved to AK and both times it was down and we couldn't ride.

Does it still go down a lot? We tried to ride it twice last fall, returning to epcot one morning at rope drop just to ride and then moved to AK and both times it was down and we couldn't ride.

Yes it still goes down quite a bit. It went down last night.

When I was there a couple months ago it wasn't up when the park opened at 9 and didnt come up until about 10:30

You all are very helpful, I swapped Epcot and AK so we will be there in the morning for FEA and plan to see RoL in the evening. Thanks everyone!!!

Yes it still goes down quite a bit. It went down last night.

When I was there a couple months ago it wasn't up when the park opened at 9 and didnt come up until about 10:30

So if you fast pass it and it's down will they honor your fast pass later if it comes back up or offer you an anytime FP? I hate to use a FP on it and would rather hit it at rope drop but that backfired on me twice last fall and I have a 7 year old that really wants to ride it this spring.

Sorry to hijack

So if you fast pass it and it's down will they honor your fast pass later if it comes back up or offer you an anytime FP? I hate to use a FP on it and would rather hit it at rope drop but that backfired on me twice last fall and I have a 7 year old that really wants to ride it this spring.

Sorry to hijack

Yes, if it goes down, they will honor it later. I'd be shocked if you can't get on it via standby early in the morning (between 9am and 10am). We did it several times and never waited more than 10 minutes.

ALSO - the first 2 hours has not FP since the Showcase does not officially open until 11:00. That really helps the line move along. Most days it will be not more than 30 minutes during the first 1 1/2 hours.

Thanks for posting this! I had planned a 10:00 FP for FEA for our upcoming trip. I'll adjust our plan so it's at 11, or after.

Yes, if it goes down, they will honor it later. I'd be shocked if you can't get on it via standby early in the morning (between 9am and 10am). We did it several times and never waited more than 10 minutes.

Right, assuming it's up and running. Both times we tried this last September the ride was down for hours and the wait time ridiculous later in the day. We will only have one day at Epcot this April so if it's down at opening we're stuck. I'll FP it this trip I guess and hit TT at opening.

Sorry to hijack

Both. You'll automatically receive an anytime FP that will be good anytime the rest of that day that you can use on the ride that went down, or it'll include a list of other valid rides.

If you have a FP for a ride and it goes down at night, you're anytime FP will be good for the remainder of that night and all day the next day at any park. Some rides/shows will be excluded from the anytime FP, but it'll only be the high demand FP's like the Pandora rides/RoL (unless one of those was your original FP)

Frozen Ever After was down today from park opening to 12:50 pm. I had a 11am Fast Pass which I was able to use once it was working again.

We were there last week of August and it was a 70 minute wait pretty consistently. The one night we had a FP for it, the ride went down and never came back up before park closing. We decided to try it at rope drop later in the week and only had a 10-15 minute wait, so that would be a good strategy if you can't get a FP for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter