Fearlessly Fleeting February 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Woowhoo DS9 did well with his tooth extraction.
Woowhoo I hit my water goal 4 days last week as well as yesterday. I ordered some more flavored seltzer to help me with it when I go back to the office last this month.
Woowhoo the electrical work in the basement got done over the weekend so I am going to order a new freezer tomorrow.

School has been A LOT, and I know that I have been MIA. Too much to do. Too many sick kids. Too much pressure from the top. I'm ready for summer NOW. I had a monotonous after school training yesterday and didn't get home until after 6pm. Then as I was pulling in the driveway, a contractor my DH was meeting with blocked it with his giant SUV, so I had to drive around the block then wait 5+ minutes for traffic to clear so that I could get back on my own street. At one point, I was ready to abandon the car and walk home lol. That put me in a charming mood. Fortunately, the bathroom remodel we want can be done by this guy in the summer when I am home to supervise (we've met with multiple contractors who said that what we specifically wanted done was impossible). DH started dinner per my request, and I was less salty afterward. DD had dinner with a friend at a popular pizza restaurant and couldn't believe the crowd until I mentioned that it was National Pizza Day.

So, my WOO HOO is that I have two more work days before the weekend.

I am thankful that I get to visit DD's friend's cute puppies after school. Her friend has a short trip to Boston with her boyfriend, and DD and I are in charge of loving the puppies and giving them LOTS of attention. That will be so fun and therapeutic for both of us.

I am thankful that DD is at least acting more like herself. I can't ask her if she is feeling better though. If I do then she is back to acting like she is on her death bed and telling me that she is really sick. So I am going by the way she is acting. I also didn't get a texted from her yesterday. Well I got one just reminding me to send a text to the riding instructor letting her know DD would be at the lesson.

Also, another woohoo from yesterday. My dad was in town and was only going to be in town for the night. I was able to work it out that DS, myself and one of my brothers were able to go to dinner with him. While at dinner he asked if we could get 3-4 days away for him to take us somewhere. He will pay for the condo but we would pay the rest. Though I know my dad and he will pay for most meals too. He bought points or something with a company and is trying to use them all up. So we can only go to certain places. He is going to let me know where we can go. As long as we can make it work money wise we will go. Most likely in June or July. We can't spend much as our Disney trip next year is going to cost us a ton. But just the idea of maybe going somewhere is uplifting as I can really use that break away from everything.

WooHoo for yesterday - I finally managed to meet up for dinner with a friend I used to see every work day and now really miss. (We text, of course, but it was so nice really catch up.)

Thankful for today - I also did my grocery shopping yesterday, so I don't have to go anywhere today if I don't want to. :teeth:

Thankful to be here in OC-the weather is beautiful and might be 60 degrees by Saturday!

Thankful to spend time with friends this past Tuesday. We had a great visit and I was so busy talking I was easily able to limit myself to one slice of pizza. One of my friends brought a beautiful salad as well.

HappyGrape, your pool/spa sounds lovely. Our local YMCA has renovated the pool and I might check it out. I was reluctant to use a swimming pool when I could run into students, but I have been retired long enough that they will not know me. But I have friends that love their water classes.

Thankful for an uneventful work week with no crises or panics... knock on wood. And thankful that one of the areas of responsibility I have on my current project is ahead of schedule, so I have more bandwidth for the other stuff.

Thankful for some pretty good sleep the last few nights.

And again, thankful for each additional minute of sun light we are getting and the beautiful sunsets of late.

Last edited:
TGIF!!!

I'm filled with positive thoughts:

Another school week behind me after today! DD is off all weekend which is unusual, so I get to spend extra time with my favorite person. After school yesterday, we had some puppy time at her BFF's home which was fun, and we get more time with them tomorrow morning.

In the process of planning our summer vacation to Cape Cod, I found a childhood friend who I played with on the beach in Cape Cod summer after summer. We reconnected, and so many memories came flooding back. I'm so happy I found her. :lovestruc :lovestruc

Yes, TGIF everyone!

I have very few meetings today which gives me the opportunity to dig in to test planning, which I'm kind of looking forward to.

No big plans for the weekend, other than that I may go down to the basement and get the laundry out of the dryer... the laundry I did Tuesday.

And I think I'm going to test pack my suitcase. If I was just taking light weight summery stuff I think my mid-sized suitcase will be fine, but I want to take at least three different pair of shoes and a couple heavier weight things just in case layers are needed, and I'm not sure that is all going to fit. If it doesn't I'll need to get a larger bag and want to figure that out now. Plus, vacation planning is half of the fun, right?

Happy weekend everyone.

Another beautiful day-after I put dinner in the crackpot I will take a walk in the nearby park. After lunch I need to pull weeds-can’t believe they’re still growing this time of year! Then I will check out TJ Maxx for a few things.

Happy Friday!

Any fun/healthy living plans for the weekend? What is the favorite healthy(ish) thing you ate this week?

Hoping to get some outdoor time today, as it's supposed to be unseasonably warm - maybe the zoo?? But nothing definite.

Favorite healthy food this week has been mangos! The local grocery store had them on sale 3/$5 and I took full advantage.

Opening the windows! It's going to get above 50 and DD brought home a cold so need that fresh air. Had to bring her for a pcr that came back negative...not a surprise at all. Preschoolers get sick, especially those with immune systems that have not been tested over the last couple years.

Hope to get the boys outside today and DD if she is up to it. The boys also need to paint their pinewood derby cars and write out class Valentines. Anyone else try to find boxed kids cards? I had to go to 3 stores!

Will be doing some baking this weekend. We are doing a food train for a scout mom undergoing surgery and I want to make some muffins to go with their dinners. Maybe some bread too if I have time. Going to make a batch of greek yogurt mac and cheese and deconstructed porcupines. Not sure of the pallets of the family so I figure those are pretty safe for even picky eaters. Grabbed a couple cans of soup as well in case mom isn't feeling up to eating much in the way of solids.

Have you watched Encanto? I relate to Julieta! Food made with love heals...even if it's the spirit as opposed to the body. As I said to coworkers the other day I was taught at a young age when you want to help but there is NOTHING you can do (like when someone needs surgery) you cook. Everyone has to eat, everyone healing has a family that needs to eat.

Hey anyone else hear about the big Mary J and Snoop Dog concert this weekend? Turns out there is a little football game with it!:tongue:

Last edited:
We’ll, I no longer have to do a test pack. I started looking at 30 inch suitcases to see what they were going to cost if I needed one and found two Samsonite styles in rose gold. Yah, I now own one.

The weather today is going to be beautiful so the new plan is a walk in the park, make a trip to Goodwill and eat lunch out. Then I’ll get the daffodil bulbs that have sprouted sitting in the bag put into the ground.

Healthiest thing I ate this week would have to be adding marine collagen powder to my water. I’m hoping I’ll start to see improvements in hair and skin soon.

It’s 61 degrees and sunny! I’m sitting on the deck without a coat. Didn’t need one for my walk this morning as well. I think we all willed this beautiful day into being!
My favorite thing this week was my steamed shrimp and salad dinner at a local restaurant the night we arrived. Just the right amount of seasoning so I didn’t need the cocktail sauce.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday in this beautiful weather!

We've had gorgeous weather the last few days. The twins spent last night with us (first time they've been here since they went back to Mom in June). Grandma and Grandpa picked them up and since none of those people are vaccinated we opened every door and window in the house as soon as they were gone! Fingers crossed we stay healthy.

I'm very unhappy with myself this week (and for several previous weeks!). I'm really stuck on sugary things and am frequently not making the healthiest choices. It's showing on the scale as I'm back into a decade I'd already left. Time to re-group and do better!

In good news the heating people came out and fixed our brand spanking new mini-split. He said the problem is a bit embarrassing as the installer forgot to connect one little piece. It's lovely to not walk into the arctic when we enter the room.

I'm very unhappy with myself this week (and for several previous weeks!). I'm really stuck on sugary things and am frequently not making the healthiest choices. It's showing on the scale as I'm back into a decade I'd already left. Time to re-group and do better!

/QUOTE

I really struggled getting back on track these past few weeks. Just eating in between meals, eating high carb type stuff (bagels, rolls, pastry). I’m back to tracking-I often write down my next days meals. Hang in there!
/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter