Fearlessly Fleeting February 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

I have been reconnecting with a childhood friend who I played with on vacation in Cape Cod every summer for many years. We’re now Facebook friends along with her brother and father. I shared old photos of us on FB and we reminisced. I look forward to discovering more treasures to share with them. Her parents were so good to me and included me in all of their family activities. I can close my eyes and go right back to the late 70’s and early 80’s like it was yesterday. They live far from me or we probably would have made the effort to stay in touch over the years. Reading her posts on Facebook, it amazes me how much we still have in common. We are both teachers, have daughters the same age, have similar views and philosophies, and still love the beach.

Maybe one day, we will reconnect in person.
Oh, Summer, that’s wonderful! I hope you do reconnect again!

Well the morning began with a visit from roto rooter to fix a clogged toilet but it went up from there.

Went to market basket for the first time. Pleasantly surprised. Then quick trip to Victoria Secret for new perfume. They stopped making my favorite scent but I picked up two rollers of similar scents to try out. I had bought quite a few at bath and body works last year but found that depending on the scent I either didnt like when it was actually on or I would get a headache. So trying vs again and hoping for good things.

The cub scout pinewood derby was today. Boys didn't place but their cars were faster than last year. Rest of the day was pretty mellow. We got our taxes and my parents taxes ready to go to the accountants. Assuming no more snow squalls in the forecast tomorrow we'll go drop those off.

Met my water goal 6th day in a row woowhoo!

Hoping to do some baking tomorrow. Thinking black bean brownies.

I haven't posted in few days but really poor form and don't feel like talking about it! Everyone in the house is sick now, waiting on covid tests but I don't think it's covid to be honest. Probably regular cold

I had one good day this week and managed to cook/freeze good few meals so at least eating healthy meals should be easier.

I will come back to the chat when I feel bit better, for now happy to stay in bed, rest, take paracetamol to keep the fever down for the day and avoid the man flu crowd in the house :) as that takes things on another level

I haven't posted in few days but really poor form and don't feel like talking about it! Everyone in the house is sick now, waiting on covid tests but I don't think it's covid to be honest. Probably regular cold

I had one good day this week and managed to cook/freeze good few meals so at least eating healthy meals should be easier.

I will come back to the chat when I feel bit better, for now happy to stay in bed, rest, take paracetamol to keep the fever down for the day and avoid the man flu crowd in the house :) as that takes things on another level
Take care of yourself and come chat when you’re feeling better!

I packed my packing cubes yesterday while I was folding the laundry… I’ve got plenty of clothing to take, that’s for sure. Pedicure was lovely, today I get my hair cut and I need to run back down to the mall to make a return and will pick up a couple cosmetics items. Then it’s just putzing around the house, knitting and watching Netflix, a perfect rainy winter Sunday.

I don't think I left the house yesterday and it was simply lovely. I totally relaxed. Finished a puzzle, watched Olympics. It was DH's birthday and he wanted takeout for breakfast and dinner so no cooking!

Today we're going to spend the night with my parents, so will make that two hour drive soon. DS1 was trying to arrange a time to see DH so we will connect somewhere along the drive today. DH was "on call" yesterday so we couldn't plan anything. He is super excited because now he's totally finished with work and the retirement can begin in earnest with no future dates hanging over his head.

Today is a day of chores, time on the treadmill, and hopefully looking through more old photos.

Some exciting news: After months of unhealthy eating, DH had a bad doctor’s appointment forcing him to come to terms with his behavior. He admitted that he needed to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle then said, “I guess I can start supporting you now.” He knew all along exactly what he was doing when he was sabotaging me! WOW. The next thing he did was get lunch from both Popeyes and KFC. OMG. “Last hurrah,” he said. There was a lot of hemming and hawing as to how he was going to achieve his goal. He initially thought he could just “cut back.” I really didn’t think that would work, but I stayed out of it. He tends to do the opposite of what I suggest, and needs to come to the right conclusions on his own.

Later on that night, he joined NOOM!!!

Need some tips and tricks folks!
I am going to be returning to the office next week. Currently I have a lot of time to cook for my picky eaters. Starting in April the DSs are going to be starting track which means I need to cook and have them finished eating by 530 two days a week, two days I am in the office.
I am not afraid of freezer cooking, I actually enjoy it. Any suggestions for food I can make and freeze to have my mother in law or aunt throw in the oven/toaster/microwave to heat up if I am running late from work? I am sure there will be the occasional chicken nuggets or hotdogs and that's completely fine but I dont want to rely on that every night.
They are used to eating early on scout nights but that is takeout night which is fine and dandy 1 weeknight a week but not 3 in a row.
Hit me peeps what do you cook in a pinch?

My motivation for this week is to start getting up early, so I can acclimatize to being on the east coast. Didn't happen this morning, but I'll get there. And if I get up early I'll have enough time to get out for a quick walk before sitting down at the computer, so kind of a double bonus.

Then I have the rest of the pre-vacation 'buff-and-polish' appointments to look forward to. Something happened with my hairdresser Sunday and I didn't get my haircut, so that is now Wednesday, Thursday it is waxing, Friday is the first day of vacation and I get the massage, then Saturday morning it is off to the airport. It is actually hard to believe it is almost here!

I am going to be returning to the office next week. Currently I have a lot of time to cook for my picky eaters. Starting in April the DSs are going to be starting track which means I need to cook and have them finished eating by 530 two days a week, two days I am in the office.
I am not afraid of freezer cooking, I actually enjoy it. Any suggestions for food I can make and freeze to have my mother in law or aunt throw in the oven/toaster/microwave to heat up if I am running late from work? I am sure there will be the occasional chicken nuggets or hotdogs and that's completely fine but I dont want to rely on that every night.
They are used to eating early on scout nights but that is takeout night which is fine and dandy 1 weeknight a week but not 3 in a row.
When I do cook, making a personal sized pizza with greek pitas as the crust is super simple. I can't use tomato sauce, but you can get it in squeeze bottles... would they be interested in throwing together their own pizzas if you prepped some different toppings?

Last edited:
Nothing I cook is quick, however I always cook enough for leftovers the following day. So whether it’s baked chicken or Italian meatballs and pasta, I only cook half the week and warm up dinner the rest of the time. Sometimes we have extra leftovers which end up in the freezer for those nights when we really don’t know what to have. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite…I could eat eggs at every meal.

Do they like meatloaf? You can make it in individual portions and they only take 25-30 in the oven. Potatoes you baked the night before just have to be reheated. Rotisserie chicken? Grilled cheese and tomato soup? These are all things I used to make when my daughter had activities in the evening.
And breakfast for dinner was always a hit. If they like sloppy joes or chili that’s easy to heat up. And like Summer said, leftovers! Lasagna, spaghetti-in the summer we always cook extra burgers. It’s a challenge for sure getting everyone fed and out the door on school nights!

I remember going to WW meetings when I followed the program exactly and not only did I not lose anything that week, I gained. It was really hard to let that go and just stay with what I knew worked. I still need to remind myself one off meal/day won’t derail me.

Last edited:
People have already said most of what we did, but tacos, enchiladas (made ahead), quesadillas were always fast favorites. One of our favorite fast dishes was one or two boneless pork chops sliced thin, marinated in soy sauce with the zest of one or two limes and their juice and some grated ginger. You can put that as is in the freezer and dump it in a pan that you've already seared some onion and garlic in. The hardest part when you make this ahead is that the pork absorbs the soy sauce so it's hard to tell when it is cooked! Serve over rice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter