FEB 14 2004 Western Cruiser's

I'll be the other geeky one with the camera!:wave2:

Robin

(slowly getting the packing together)

Thought I would check in with you fellow Feb 14 Magic cruisers since I haven't been on this bouard in a few weeks. This is our first Dis cruise... we have DD's age 7,4,2.Will also be at the Radisson Fri nite.

Couple questions for you Dis veterans... our youngest daughter will be 3 in May, is she likely to enjoy the "Nursery" since she'll be one of the oldest children there? DCL told us no way she can get into OC. We obvoiusly want her to have as much fun as the other two.

Also, we have LOTS of electronics with us (Gameboys, video camera, etc)... do they have enough outlets or should we bring extension cords?

Look forward to meeting all of you...

:jester: :confused:

I can't say much about the nursery because our girls have been too old for it. But the "Lab" and the "Club" are loved by some kids, and are just "okay" with others. My kids are in the latter group. They like the Lab, but with so much to do on the ship, they just go for about an hour each day.

As for the outlets: If you want to plug in more than two things at once, bring the extension cord with multiple outlets.

FYI for ALL: Weather.com is predicting the temps in the mid-60's for our "Sailaway Party", a little cool, but nice!

thank you soooooooooooooooo much for the hats jeffery!!!!!!!!!! we got them today!~!!! when my mom open the package she got totally excited thanks again form the whole family:Pinkbounc

Jeffrey,

I am speechless! The package came today, and I just can't believe how talented your family is. The hats are the cutest things I have ever seen. What a surprise, and thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

We definately should all have a group photo with our buttons and hats::yes::

Time to pack!

Robin

Thanks for the info Bruce! I'm sure everything will work out with our youngest. Hope we meet you and your girls...

Great weather report even better news for those of us heading down from the Northeast!:crazy: :o :jester:

Thank You Jeffrey! Such a stressful day today, no time to pack yet, and then I get this wonderful package. Thank You, Thank You.

Lynn

Are we there yet?

Jeffery,

I know my DD already told you thank you but I just wanted to add my Thanks also. Like she said I was so excited. I love surprises!!!!:Pinkbounc

I wore my hat to pick up my DS. Just round one of embarrassing him. I even wore it will making dinner. How fun.

Can't wait to meet you and thank you in person. I guess I better get packing. I haven't even started.

See ya all Soon.:jumping1:

Hi everyone

I'm glad the hats are a hit. My family can't take all the credit. We had help. A co-worker made and attached the ears. Two years ago for the Presidents Week Magic, I made the ears out of black vinyl looseleef books. The ears were velcroed on, but it did not look realistic. My children are much happier with these ears (but my DS12 is claiming he will only wear his hat for the welcome picture).

4 more days to pack and then we all won't be able to sleep Friday nite as the excitment reaches its peak.

See you on Deck 10

Jeffrey

Jeff, I'm sooo sorry I didn't post earlier. I came down with an ear infection and I was very upset. It was rather serious and I was unsure if I would be able to fly!!

Thank God for Augmentin--the doctor cleared me for travel!!

We all love the hats soooo much!! Thank you for all the work you did. You are making the cruise very special.

See you all on board!!

Ursula

Bruce,

tell me I don't see rain forcasted for Sat in the Cape Canaveral area.

We are spending friday afternoon & evening at the World, does it get cold after sundown, should we bring jackets(sweatshirts)?

Looks like good weather for our flight out on Friday!

Lynn

Hi Ursla

Wow that's scary. We should all stay in a bubble until Saturday! I keep telling my kids to be careful (if they can't come, they get to stay with their Grand Parents, not their first choice). Glad you are feeling better. See you all soon.

Jeffrey

Hi Carol

You must have the magic touch. I have been emailing and calling the Jolly Roger on and off for the past year. Today when I called the person answering the phone still did not know about a Tuesday cruise, but when I insisted, someone else came on the line and said yes (they even knew your name). So I will be going Tuesday morning with my DS12 and DD7 and 2 of our friends children.

If anyone else with young children is looking for something easy and reasonably priced to do at Grand Cayman visit the Pirate Web site www.jollyrogercayman.com or call them at 345 945-7245

The ship sails at about 10AM within walking distance of the pier (you take a big raft to the ship) and it lasts about 2 hours. The "Pirates" put on a cute little skit and they let you jump off the ship into the water if you want. You can usually see the cruise ship from the Pirate Ship. My son and I have gone twice (it was a Celebrity Cruise shore excursion) and we both thought it was fun.

Jeffrey

If we weren't doing the horseback riding on the beach, that pirate cruise looks fun.

When I told Aimee about the rainy forecast, she was not at all happy.

Friday in Orlando looks good, only partly cloudy high 72 low 52. I'm sure I will bring a light jacket with me to downtown Disney just in case.

Saturday is only scattered thunder storms and 67, so hopefully our sail away will not be rained on:(

Key West 73 and showers, Grand Cayman 86 and partly cloudy, Cozumel 73 and scattered showers.

Hopefully as the day gets closer, this will all change. However at least here we have had more rain/snow than normal.

Two more days and it's off to the airport:sunny: Time to get back to the packing. Too bad I have to work to pay for this, that would make less stress, and more time to pack!

Robin

from other thread on DIS meets
We had a "semi" meet waiting in line to board the ship, as two of the DIS members were kind enough to make hats for those of us who wanted it, so we walked around finding the others with hats! We drew alot of attention.... *grin*

Okay, I'm game, I'll have my new hat on along with pins, all thanks to Jeffrey!:earsgirl:

DD12 probably will, DS14 maybe, DD17 will be hiding and trying to avoid me, lol (I just love acting like a kid and embarrassing my kids):crazy:

Deck 10 sounds good to me! We'll be wearing our hats, buttons, lanyards-blowing bubbles!

See you all soon!

Ursula

I'm game for wearing my hat, buttons, and lanyard in line waiting to board. I love to act like a kid also. I doubt that DD17 will go along with it, however if her friend does, she will:rolleyes: I might even wear my lime green DIS shirt (My DD will avoid me, and pretend she doesn't know me)

It's almost time everyone! Only a 1/2 day of work for me tomorrow. Thank god, I need to finish the packing.

Robin

:boat:

OK, Packing is done !!!!

We are leaving in the morning for a nice 18 hour ride.............

We will be at BWV sometime friday morning, then on to the ship saturday !!! Looking forward to meeting you all at the sailaway party !!!

Mark pirate:

Yipeeeee!! I can’t believe it, but we leave tomorrow afternoon!!! I can’t wait till Saturday. We will definitely be wearing our awesome Mickey hats and hope to see everyone at the sail away party on deck 10!!

chrissy
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :

For anyone who hasn't read the whole thread, we are trying to meet at the sail away party in front of the aft tunnel on deck 10. :happy1:

Lets hope the weather is nice.:sunny:

Don't forget to wear your Mickey hats, pins or anything lime green, so that we can pick each other out from the crowds. Some of us are even daring to wear them in the terminal Sat morning.:crazy:

For those of you leaving tomorrow, have a safe trip.:wave2:

I'm off to attempt packing, 1/2 day tomorrow, then off to the airport at 4:00am on Friday!

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter