February 2022 Car Rental Thread

And my Costco compact SUV rental from Alamo just went down to $503 for the week of 2/12-2/19. I'm pretty close to dropping the reservation from CCC (National) since that's for a standard car.

It really helps when your grand daughter and her boyfriend work for Enterprise. We arrive Mon, 1/31/2022 and depart Mon, 2/07/2022. we will have a least a full size car or midsize SUV, 8 days for under $300. As opposed to well over $600. without any discount codes. Best of luck to everyone in achieving your best deal,

for 2/4 to 2/11

Alamo 7 days for a minivan $372

Do we need a minivan? Nope, but for a $75 less I'll book that. Hoping to downsize as the month goes on :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

My Costco rate for my dates 2/5 to 2/10 dropped $100 today. I have an intermediate SUV for $324. Check rates everyone. The other day I even had a cheap rate on Priceline also. They have been through Budget.

My rate dropped a whole $1 for 2/12-2/19. :D Technically, Budget has a better rate, but I just don't want to deal with those lines midday on a Saturday. I need to check Hertz and see if I can get a AAA discount.

My rate dropped a whole $1 for 2/12-2/19. :D Technically, Budget has a better rate, but I just don't want to deal with those lines midday on a Saturday. I need to check Hertz and see if I can get a AAA discount.

Do you find long lines even being a FastBreak Member?

Technically, Budget has a better rate, but I just don't want to deal with those lines midday on a Saturday.

I saw the lines waiting in September and was so happy to have Alamo. I've never seen anything that crazy before. We didn't walk by the rental counters when we rented again in December so I don't know if they were any better then.

The reports have been that there are long lines no matter FB status. I have never rented from Budget before; so I'm not in their loyalty program.
I see. Thank you. I hope that is not the case in February and my car is waiting like normal. I like Alamo because I get to pick the car out myself but AVIS and Budget are nice when your car is waiting and you can just jump in and go. Sometimes the bad part of Alamo is trying to choose but I loved the days when you would have a midsize car and find vans and other big cars in that section

Sometimes the bad part of Alamo is trying to choose but I loved the days when you would have a midsize car and find vans and other big cars in that section

Alamo only had 3 compacts to choose from in February and they were all Versa's. I was like well that's no fun. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was able to upgrade to a standard SUV while dropping in price to $465 for Avis and this is through Costco. My previous reservation was through Alamo (also Costco) and was a compact SUV for $502 for the week of 2/12-2/19.

My rate today is $368 for a minivan 2/5 thru 2/12. Alamo using the Costco code. I can get a lower rate with Budget but I want to skip the line, get the free second driver, and pick out my own car.

My rate today is $368 for a minivan 2/5 thru 2/12. Alamo using the Costco code. I can get a lower rate with Budget but I want to skip the line, get the free second driver, and pick out my own car.

This ;) :thumbsup2

I'm surprised that their best deal is for a minivan. Usually that vehicle type is one of their most expensive. I have minivan reserved also since it was significantly cheaper than the next type.

I know! I was surprised too. I don’t need a minivan as we have three this trip but I won’t mind the extra room. I have a feeling prices will come down in the next few weeks and I will end up in a smaller cheaper vehicle

I was able to upgrade to a standard SUV while dropping in price to $465 for Avis and this is through Costco. My previous reservation was through Alamo (also Costco) and was a compact SUV for $502 for the week of 2/12-2/19.
And now I've got an intermediate SUV for $454 through Avis for the week. The standard SUV didn't change in price, so I switched. The President's Day weekend must be the reason the prices aren't going down much at all.

Noticed today that dollar is offering some manager specials (you have no idea what size car you are getting) for pretty good rates. if you feel like gambling maybe take a look. They are pay now prices though but for my dates it would be a saving of $150 from the rate I have. I just can't take the chance with space to pull the trigger myself.

The reports have been that there are long lines no matter FB status. I have never rented from Budget before; so I'm not in their loyalty program.

So join it now.

"As a Fastbreak member, you simply flash your valid license, pick up your keys, and bypass the long lines."

On the Budget website it discusses MCO: https://www.budget.com/en/locations/us/fl/orlando/mco

Fastbreak Service
When you arrive in the garage, go to the Budget Fastbreak counter and look for the Budget Contact Holder by Fastbreak booth for your name and space.
If there are any questions you may proceed to the Budget Fastbreak booth otherwise you may proceed directly to your vehicle.

Doesn't sound like you need to wait in line.

Rates went down today. Mid size car under $300 now and even got a standard SUV for $20 cheaper then the rate I had. Hope they keep dropping

Feb 4 to Feb 10th - Alamo - Drive Happy deal - $334

still haven't decided for sure if we should just Uber. If we didn't have to pay another $200 to park it the decision would be easier. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter