February 22nd, 2014 Fantasy - Eastern

I would like to do the fish extender too! My kids would love it. Let me know what to do. I need plenty of time to be crafty :)

Amalaya said:
I would like to do the fish extender too! My kids would love it. Let me know what to do. I need plenty of time to be crafty :)

The Facebook link is on page 2 of this thread. Have you looked at the FE threads? They have some great ideas. I'm definitely going to get creative since we have a year... I just feel like I need to commit to a project and get started!

The Facebook link is on page 2 of this thread. Have you looked at the FE threads? They have some great ideas. I'm definitely going to get creative since we have a year... I just feel like I need to commit to a project and get started!

I found the facebook page and will definitly look into the FE threads. I am not crafty,but at least I am trying :)

Amalaya said:
I found the facebook page and will definitly look into the FE threads. I am not crafty,but at least I am trying :)

Last cruise, I wanted my then 3 year old daughter to be able to help so I used a big circle punch and put Disney stickers in the middle and magnetic tape on the back. We put them on everyone's doors - they were pretty cute and she was excited to be able to do something herself.

Has it been decided when the cut off will be for the participating in the FE? My daughter and I are excited about getting started making stuff for the cruise. Also I don't know my cabin assignment yet does anyone know how far out Disney will assign us a cabin? Counting the days till 2/22/14.

Maytulip32 said:
Has it been decided when the cut off will be for the participating in the FE? My daughter and I are excited about getting started making stuff for the cruise. Also I don't know my cabin assignment yet does anyone know how far out Disney will assign us a cabin? Counting the days till 2/22/14.

We got our cabin assignment when we booked. We used a travel agency,

We booked ours on the last cruise (2/22/2013) and we have guarentee of 8A cabin but no cabin number as of yet.

We booked ours on the last cruise (2/22/2013) and we have guarentee of 8A cabin but no cabin number as of yet.

We were on the same cruise (2/11/13 - Wonder) and when we did our OBB, they let us choose our stateroom. I wonder if you called DCL if you could get your assignment, or if with the GTY 8A, you could be upgraded if not assigned already.

Just got off the Fantasy 3/2 sailing yesterday and booked this cruise while on board! We were planning to book the new Southern Itinerary, but we fell in love with the Fantasy and aren't ready to give it up for the Magic.

Anyone sailing with young kids looking to plan excursions? We've been on the Eastern before, and the things we did then were just OK. Interesting in hearing ideas! DD will have just turned 7 and DS will about to be 4.

Maytulip32 said:

If you booked a GTY I wouldn't expect to receive a cabin number until the Paid in Full date for our cruise; this is usually when DCL needs to release more affordable fares if the cruise is struggling to sell out. I have heard of GTY getting pixie dust earlier, though :-)

Just a little over 11 months until we meet again! It's going to be flying by thanks to my crazy life and moving in the next few months. I'm excited to see what kind of group this will be. So far it's been much more active than my last 2 groups!

emtmom0104 said:
Just a little over 11 months until we meet again! It's going to be flying by thanks to my crazy life and moving in the next few months. I'm excited to see what kind of group this will be. So far it's been much more active than my last 2 groups!

I'm so glad it's active this early. Keeping the secret is killing me! I need to talk to someone about it! Lol - My last group was great. I'm trying to get some FE project ideas from my favorite ladies! :)

We did the dolphin excursion in grand cayman this past trip. Our kids are 12,8 and 6. We had an amazing trip. Had I known though I would have paid the extra for the extreme swim. We got about a half hour with the dolphin but had much less interaction than the extreme swim. We did get a ton of photos. I would love to do this again!

We have been on all of the ships but the fantasy and honestly I love the smaller ships. Much more personal experience, half the people and the staff is so incredible and they really take the time to sit and talk with you. Captain Fabian on the Wonder was incredible. My youngest had journal questions for the captain, which we have never met on any of the the other ships, and told him we had questions for him. He told us to send it up the the bridge and he would get to it. He did it right away and did it all for my son. He has a pretty cool signature too. Someone else on our trip had girls that had to report on angles and such and he brought them a map from the bridge and signed it for them at breakfast on the last day! I can't wait for the Fantasy!! Praying we have awesome CM's!

If you booked a GTY I wouldn't expect to receive a cabin number until the Paid in Full date for our cruise; this is usually when DCL needs to release more affordable fares if the cruise is struggling to sell out. I have heard of GTY getting pixie dust earlier, though :-)

Since this is only our second cruise ever, what does GTY really mean? When we booked the guy at the desk onboard said we could get a 5A cabin, but I'm really not sure how all this works. Anyone know?

345 days and counting

Maytulip32 said:
Since this is only our second cruise ever, what does GTY really mean? When we booked the guy at the desk onboard said we could get a 5A cabin, but I'm really not sure how all this works. Anyone know?

345 days and counting

GTY is a guarantee that you will receive the category you book, or better. You may not choose your cabin though. Example, in the past we booked a 9A GTY, knowing we would then get at least a deluxe ocean view (but hoped to get upgraded to veranda!) Now we need two rooms and enjoy them being connected, so we no longer book GTY since this request won't be honored. (BTW the verandas open to one giant veranda, I would not give this up for anything! Except a Roy or Walt... But that will never happen!!)

Lake_Mary said:
GTY is a guarantee that you will receive the category you book, or better. You may not choose your cabin though. Example, in the past we booked a 9A GTY, knowing we would then get at least a deluxe ocean view (but hoped to get upgraded to veranda!) Now we need two rooms and enjoy them being connected, so we no longer book GTY since this request won't be honored. (BTW the verandas open to one giant veranda, I would not give this up for anything! Except a Roy or Walt... But that will never happen!!)

That's exactly what we do! Two connecting rooms, huge veranda. We put all 3 kids in one and we stay in the other. Cannot wait! Do you have your staterooms? We are in 9056 & 9058.

Yes, we do!! We loved our rooms so much this last cruise, we booked them again! Just one deck down from you, 8064/8066. Easy walk to pool deck, high enough for a great view, midship, and easy walk to running deck!

Lake_Mary said:
Yes, we do!! We loved our rooms so much this last cruise, we booked them again! Just one deck down from you, 8064/8066. Easy walk to pool deck, high enough for a great view, midship, and easy walk to running deck!

Exactly - love being mid-ship. This is our first time on the Fantasy, but we had nearly the same rooms (same deck, same mid-ship area) on the Dream and it was perfect. Eek! So excited.

Thanks for the info on GTY. Good to know I can only go up not down. I was looking at the cruise and there are no 8A rooms left. I was worried we would be with the crew or maybe just a couple comfortable deck chairs. Just get me on the Fantasy. So excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter