• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February?

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
Hubby has a conference on property and we are planning on doing an adults only trip on 2/19/19 - 2/26/19. I just checked the touring plans crowd calendar and that time seems really busy. Is there anything going on that week or is it just the time of year?

Hubby has a conference on property and we are planning on doing an adults only trip on 2/19/19 - 2/26/19. I just checked the touring plans crowd calendar and that time seems really busy. Is there anything going on that week or is it just the time of year?

Crowds are generally low, but you must avoid the "holiday" dates.

Presidents week. In New England the kids get the week off for winter break.

Many school districts are off the entire week. They are also off here in Western NY that week and its a huge week for families to travel to Disney. Flight prices that week are often doubled even on Southwest release day.

Princess Half Marathon Weekend falls in those dates (2/21-2/23). Any time there is a Run Disney event going on, crowd levels are higher in the parks.

We were there in Feb this year (first week) and I remember getting back and seeing all the posts about high crowd levels during presidents week. Just have a good plan!

PRESIDENT'S Week, when many schools have off and if they aren't skiers, they seem to be Disers. :banana:

You will also have the last of the large international tour groups that don't start school until March.

You have several very large sports groups just finishing up who may stay over to enjoy the parks since that week is school holiday for MANY. Twirl Mania International Championship, President's Day Soccer Festival and USA Presidential Gymnastics Competitions. And both high school and college sports training camps.

Multiple conventions, popular to do at Disney during school breaks so whole families book and spend.

PRESIDENT'S Week, when many schools have off and if they aren't skiers, they seem to be Disers. :banana:

You will also have the last of the large international tour groups that don't start school until March.

You have several very large sports groups just finishing up who may stay over to enjoy the parks since that week is school holiday for MANY. Twirl Mania International Championship, President's Day Soccer Festival and USA Presidential Gymnastics Competitions. And both high school and college sports training camps.

Multiple conventions, popular to do at Disney during school breaks so whole families book and spend.
Do we know when Epcot Festival of the Arts is this year ? Isn’t it usually ending on Presidents’ Day ?

I picked to go the week after that...getting to Disney on the 24th...do I miss all those crowds and sport events and tour groups?

You are correct, however they haven’t announced dates for next year yet.
Thank you for your fast response. I just booked a 4 night stay checking out on day after Presidents Day. I was hoping to catch the end of the Festival but not miss much school my kids only get the Monday off. I had to book a split stay so I guess it is a popular time ?

Do we know when Epcot Festival of the Arts is this year ? Isn’t it usually ending on Presidents’ Day ?

I have been the last two (well the first two) years of the Arts Festival. I'm not sure it's at a point where anyone, well enough to make a difference, is booking specifically to go to which it would impact crowds. I think it draws folks already going - to Epcot. I loved it the first year and thought, wow when they really find what works this is going to be great. Was disappointed this year they really didn't add to it. But I'll still be going back for it next year.

We love art .... and really hoping for a Figment Meet & Greet! :figment:

Thank you for your fast response. I just booked a 4 night stay checking out on day after Presidents Day. I was hoping to catch the end of the Festival but not miss much school my kids only get the Monday off. I had to book a split stay so I guess it is a popular time ?

We did Pres Day weekend Feb 2017 and I'd rate it as pretty stout crowd wise. It's the one weekend that's definitely not "low Feb crowds." Still a lot of fun though and perfectly manageable with a good plan, like always. Feb/cooler weather touring has some benefits.

Surprised you're having to split a 4 night stay, but keep checking, maybe something will open up.

I don’t want to get their hopes up. I think taking a class from a Disney Artist on how to draw would be something my kids would Love! They have no dates released and we’re going near the historical end so it might not be available. Same with the mural wall everyone gets to be part of, it might be full by the time we go. My family loves art so I’ve been wanting to take them for almost 2 years now that we’ve know about it.

We did Pres Day weekend Feb 2017 and I'd rate it as pretty stout crowd wise. It's the one weekend that's definitely not "low Feb crowds." Still a lot of fun though and perfectly manageable with a good plan, like always. Feb/cooler weather touring has some benefits.

Surprised you're having to split a 4 night stay, but keep checking, maybe something will open up.
I booked 2 nights at Beach Club so we can walk right in, then I saw Grand Floridian had the other 2 nights open so I booked that. I guess I didn’t Have to split stay but we really wanted Beach Club. I’ve never done a split stay so it will be interesting. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can use the pool at least once lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter